What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my best 9 of the year so far with a 46 I was 3 over through 5 and kind of exploded on the final 4 holes but it was so nice to finally get out there and score well. I had a goal today of a 44 which would have tied my best 9 ever so I knew I probably wouldn't hit it but I wanted to make a real goal and try to hit it. The difference I had today was I left my driver in the car and tee'd off with my M2 Mashie. I haven't been hitting my driver very far so I figured if I was close distance wise with the Mashie but at least in the fairway I'd have a better chance to score well. My average with the Mashie was right around 185-190 which is about 20 yards shorter then my driver, but I was either in the fairway or I'd only miss the fairway by a few inches instead of being behind trees or in another fairway. I only had 1 bad drive on the par 5 15th where I pulled my drive directly left into the trees due to overswinging since it was a par 5 that was the start of my decline.

I have my free Golftec 30 min swing analysis on Saturday and I'm gonna hit up the Golf Galaxy in Indy while I'm there I might do a driver fitting at golf galaxy and see if I can't find a driver a little better suited for my swing.

Shot so bad today, but I had a great time playing with DMB. He was all over pins all day. I played pretty well the first 3, but I lost it on number 4 and it just got in my head. I probably shot a 52 or 54. DMB shot a 42. I feel bad that he had to put up with me hacking it around the course.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

SethO had some great shots today. He just let the course get into his head and that messed him up. I know he will do better next time. I really enjoyed the round with him. It was a good time.

well, pulled a +4 39 out of my rear today

Best 9 this year, played the last 3 holes at -1.

Only used the driver 3 times, 2 were bad slices. Hit the 3W and 3H instead, didnt hit them real solid, but stayed out of trouble.

Hit the greens on 2 of the 3 par 3's which was key and rarely ever happens. Chipped pretty good and putted good. Missed 2 other birdie putts by a combined 4-5 inches.

Hoping to get the driver slice worked out real soon, hit the irons pretty solid

Dont sweat it SethO, I was right there with you, lol. 38/41/50 today. Played a warm up round early and was in the club house chilling from the 100* temps when a buddy wanted me to join him for a warm up. Shot ok, but we got back just in time for men's and I was done. Call me toast at that point, but under 80 for another full round.

Played my first round of golf in a about two weeks due to a terrible slump and just a inconsistent swing and poor mechanics. I've been working on some stuff at the range and today it showed.

I wasn't playing for a score but did keep it just for the hell of it and I think it was around a 110 - not great all all - even with my high handicap. HOWEVER - my ball striking was the best it's been all year. I just hit a few balls OB and four three putts. Def had my fair share of blow up holes but that was to be expected. I was just excited about my ball striking and new found confidence.

I was even rolling the ball well on the green for the most part.

This was night and day from the last time I played when I was shanking everything left and right. I had two or three shanks today and I even played them.

Bury.png

Annoyed with myself on the 17th, almost shanked it

Myself, KellyBo, and DawgDaddy played 18 today. I brought up the rear with another 85 (same as yesterday), DawgDaddy shot 83 and KellyBo whupped our butts with an 82. I am not disappointed with my ball striking today. My driver was spot on and I have no complaints with coming off the tee today. I had a couple of wedge shots from 50 yds in that had hosel rocket written all over them that killed some good ball striking with the big stick. Oh well, you got to hit them all well to score in this game and my next lesson will be back to the 75 - 50 yd approach shots. You can lose a good many strokes in this range if you are not consistent. KellyBo hit the ball really well all day and DawgDaddy played well in spite of not being able to come off of the tee. His back is still in a mess and he is about to schedule an appointment for a nerve block shot. It was a fun day with great company and almost cool weather wise in Ga. today!

Edit: KellyBo played from the same tees as Dawgdaddy and I and whupped us fair and square :D

I think we are leaving shortly to play 9 today. It's already feeling pretty crappy out there.

Myself, KellyBo, and DawgDaddy played 18 today. I brought up the rear with another 85 (same as yesterday), DawgDaddy shot 83 and KellyBo whupped our butts with an 82. I am not disappointed with my ball striking today. My driver was spot on and I have no complaints with coming off the tee today. I had a couple of wedge shots from 50 yds in that had hosel rocket written all over them that killed some good ball striking with the big stick. Oh well, you got to hit them all well to score in this game and my next lesson will be back to the 75 - 50 yd approach shots. You can lose a good many strokes in this range if you are not consistent. KellyBo hit the ball really well all day and DawgDaddy played well in spite of not being able to come off of the tee. His back is still in a mess and he is about to schedule an appointment for a nerve block shot. It was a fun day with great company and almost cool weather wise in Ga. today!

Edit: KellyBo played from the same tees as Dawgdaddy and I and whupped us fair and square :D

Dang, thats good shooting for all three of you!!

Wow good shooting KB! Stick with it OG, if you're having a day that you're not hitting all that well and still shooting 85 that shows a lot. You'll drop that score soon buddy.

Wow good shooting KB! Stick with it OG, if you're having a day that you're not hitting all that well and still shooting 85 that shows a lot. You'll drop that score soon buddy.

Thanks Jason but I was killing my driver straight down the middle and with decent length and very good accuracy. It was like laying pipeline down the middle. The short game whup me today :beat-up:

Thanks Jason but I was killing my driver straight down the middle and with decent length and very good accuracy. It was like laying pipeline down the middle. The short game whup me today :beat-up:

+1 on that, you were absolutely killing that bad boy. The real irony is that with your drives, my wedges & KellyBo putting (she even drained a 39 foot birdie putt, that's how well we are talking about her putting) we probably could have shot in the 10-13 under range in a scramble. Everyone had a portion of the game working. Kelly also was hitting her driver well, but you were in that bomber mode. I really enjoyed the round with you two, and it was fun watching KellyBo methodically go about kicking the two old men today.

Last edited:
I didnt even play golf and somehow managed to shoot a 92!

Those days are great, but can also be frustrating, focus on the good, your short game will come around buddy.

He sure did hit his driver really well today. I don't know what has happened to his draw/hooks but they were gone today. Straight down the middle all day.

My coach keeps telling me "It's all about the short game." This week I decided not to play but I practiced my chipping and putting all week. It sure helped my game. I had 29 putts (even though I had two three putts). I was chipping well and that made a difference. I sunk a 39' foot putt too! I got my putts to the hole today. I kept hearing JB tell me to putt with conviction. :D

I had a blast with the guys. They are so supportive and fun. Poor Dawgdaddy is struggling with his back which makes it hard to get around with his driver. I hope it gets better soon DD!

39/49- 88

I killed the front and at the turn there was a 3 some that took forever to play and would not let me through. 15 putts on the front and 19 on the back. Only two 3 putts so the Ghost is working again for me.

I shot a 79 today. 40-39. Everything was working good for me.

After adding an extra 4g's into my R11 my driver was clicking on all cylinders. Shot a 97 on a tough and very long links course.

85 on a tight par 71 course. Two double's and a triple. Yuck.

Full wedge shots were literally BOUNCING on impact and leaving NO divots at all. Craziness.

74 today. 40 - 34 got it together on the back. Not bad

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Still haven't broke 80, but I'm knocking on the door!

41+42=83........soon......soon!

Terrible 9 holes today. 43 with a triple on 7 and a double on 2. My tee game really hurt me. Iron play was actually very good for once.

Terrible 9 holes today. 43 with a triple on 7 and a double on 2. My tee game really hurt me. Iron play was actually very good for once.

That has been my problem recently too. I cannot get off the tee consistently but am hitting my irons very well. This showed when I played irons only and shot 39 vs full setup with a 41. Hang in there buddy, you'll get it. Keep striking the ball well and once the driver comes around you'll be scoring good in no time.

86 broke 80 one time this year but keep coming back to 86......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back