What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I hate you. What a freaking awesome club.

LOL, Thanks man! Make your way up here and we can play as much as you want. I know JB said he has played there back when it just had the Mountain Course.

I shot a very frustratingly SLOW 81 today. Never in my life have I ever played on a course where slow folders didn't allow faster players to plat thru..... I was stuck behind a 4some and a 2some, that refused to let me play thru....and I was alone!!! The ranger refused to say something to them saying "yes it's common course etiquette, but it's not mandatory to allow faster players to play thru"

Single on a Sunday is always tough around here. I always just end up playing 2 balls or joining a group.

Shot at decent 86 today. Had a bad front 9, with 10 bogeys and a double that got me a 48, but redeemed myself on the back, shooting a GREAT 40 (5 bogeys and a birdie). Driver was off, but short game really made up for it.

Decided to go see the local pro soon to work on my consistency issue.

I shot an 85 at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee (par 72 course rating 125). I'm pretty happy with that score since it was the first time there.

Good score over there KellyBo, how did you like the course? It is pretty and there are some real mansions on the water there. Did you like the red sand in the bunkers?

Good score over there KellyBo, how did you like the course? It is pretty and there are some real mansions on the water there. Did you like the red sand in the bunkers?

Like you said, it wasn't as nice as Harbor Club and it played pretty long for the ladies. I never got the opportunity to hit out of any of the greenside bunkers (thankfully) but I got out of two FW bunkers with no problem. I definitely think I would prefer white fluffy sand to that red coarse looking sand though. It took my friend 3 shots to get out of one of the bunkers. I was placing my shots around the green wisely today. She got suckered in on that one. I think I will play okay out there if I quit trying to help the ball up on my approach shots. I thinned three iron shots over the green today before I decided you're supposed to hit down not help up. Frustrating!

whelp thanks to my coach i have fixed my driver problem
now im having fits with everything else lol
basically topped my irons from incredible lies smack in the middle of the fw's
lucky bounces and rolls got me a 44
thank goodness i kept 1 ball in play... thats a plus

Played at Rock Manor in DE. Great course. THP 4 some was with Hanks, OEM Kevin, and Golf4life. All great guys! Shot a 39/39 for a 78 with 32 putts. Prob one of my better all around rounds of golf. Had a couple shanks that I still dunno what happened on and got some good chipping. And everyone seemed to have some lucky bounces off of rocks today including me.

Like you said, it wasn't as nice as Harbor Club and it played pretty long for the ladies. I never got the opportunity to hit out of any of the greenside bunkers (thankfully) but I got out of two FW bunkers with no problem. I definitely think I would prefer white fluffy sand to that red coarse looking sand though. It took my friend 3 shots to get out of one of the bunkers. I was placing my shots around the green wisely today. She got suckered in on that one. I think I will play okay out there if I quit trying to help the ball up on my approach shots. I thinned three iron shots over the green today before I decided you're supposed to hit down not help up. Frustrating!

It is actually rated higher than Harbor Club, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much. You will do fine if you just play your game and don't let anything fustrate you. Good luck.

Shot an 84 today 45 on the front with 15 putts 39 on the back with 15 putts, 5 pars, 9 bogies, 3 doubles and 1 triple on #9 bec I pulled my head up 1st and last time I hit it in the water this year, last 5 rounds ::banana: 87 89 80 (PB) 90 84

Last edited:
Got to play over the weekend pretty all over the place Friday from our Q school tees at southern hills 76 (best round ever in relation to rating) 85 next day (way too hung over) and 80 sunday afternoon. All in fairly pleased greens aerated so just so hard to putt

Played in a scramble on Sunday my team finished -2 which wasn't bad seeing as I was the top player for our team and we were only a threesome. I also won closest to the pin 6'9" and longest drive. I walked away with $100 for my effort.

Played in a scramble on Sunday my team finished -2 which wasn't bad seeing as I was the top player for our team and we were only a threesome. I also won closest to the pin 6'9" and longest drive. I walked away with $100 for my effort.

Congrats on the prizes :clapp: !!

Not a bad day on the course! Good stuff!

Shot a 94 at BullRun, Had 2 quads and 39 putts. I just cant seem to get my putting down. Everything else was average. Blah...

Played crooked cat at Orange County National today and carded a 73. Didn't hit a lot of fairways but misses where just off. Had a set of birds, a triple and a bogie. I've attached my card for viewing. A 34 on the back was very rewarding. I left a lot out there but my game seems to rounding into shape.

45f9e6f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a wet course today, and shot a terrible 44 on the front, but then finished weakly on the back with a double on 18 for an impressively annoying 39 :).

Shot a 83 today...

Was on pace for a 78..untill I went +5 in my last 3 holes....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

went out again with the 2.0's 78 happens to be the magic # with these clubs , another solid round tee to green 13 gir, putter seemes to be cooling of a little bit, bunch of pars 0 birdies 6 bogies ugh!

Shot a 94 at BullRun, Had 2 quads and 39 putts. I just cant seem to get my putting down. Everything else was average. Blah...

love bullrun... but their rough is frikken rough lol

i had an interesting round... started on the back behind these idiots
drunk as can be... driving on teeboxs and greens
hitting driver on 140yrd par3's which took each of them(4some) at least 20 shots a piece just to reach the green
needless to say i was playing horrendous until my frustration in watching these guys boiled over and i skipped a hole just to get away from that needless display of hackerdom
once i got in front of them it was smooth sailing and my swing miraculously got better
even strung together 5 pars in a row
shot 85 with a much better 2nd 9
missed a lot of par putts from really close too

i had an interesting round... started on the back behind these idiots
drunk as can be... driving on teeboxs and greens
hitting driver on 140yrd par3's which took each of them(4some) at least 20 shots a piece just to reach the green
needless to say i was playing horrendous until my frustration in watching these guys boiled over and i skipped a hole just to get away from that needless display of hackerdom
once i got in front of them it was smooth sailing and my swing miraculously got better
even strung together 5 pars in a row
shot 85 with a much better 2nd 9
missed a lot of par putts from really close too

Yesterday I followed a drunk group in a tourney. There were 8 cottages playing a scramble. This group, on a par 3, were sitting 3, 10 yards from the green. grrrr. I happily followed them slowly all day (waited for them to be on any green before I teed off, was an empty course and playing alone). But as I was playing well, I didn't care! The only hole all day I doubled was the one dogleg where I didn't wait for them to be almost done; my tee shot was great, but I stood over my ball for a few minutes waiting, and promptly duffed my shot into the woods :(

Basically messed around the front nine with some buddies at Whitford Country Club. 2 over on the back though when me and my friend started getting money involved. He's about a 6 or 7. Couldn't get a single putt to drop the whole round though. 7 feet was pretty basic, but must have had 4 15-20 footers go begging, and at least 3 of those ****** inch-long tap ins.

Shot an 88 today with a chip in from 47 yds. out for eagle on the par 4 # 10 at Thorncreek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back