What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played 9 after work and was even thru 8
then i miscalculated the distance to carry the water on par5 #9
i hit an 8i as flush as possible and it looked pretty the whole time it was in the air
going right at the stick... then kerplopperama right into the drink 5yds short
can you say sucker pin an i was the sucker?
ended with a quad... thanks

Matt Kuchar isn't suppose to have a bad putting round.

You saw me lip out a few last weekend but these putts on the first 18 were just flat out awful. The speed was awful and the line was no where near the hole. It was not all the putters fault. I double bogied the first three holes due to sloppy play and was lucky to shot a 45. I hate to post after I shoot a sub par nine because I am so giddy or excited I blow things up. Easy to brag after going low.... It's like a different me out there and everything was falling in the hole or extremely close. Gawd the last nine was fun but the first 18 was painful. Gives me hope for tomorrow!

Bad 18 holes today as I shot 45 and 43 for an 88. My putting was way off. The good news is we played nine more holes and I shot a 35. Two birdies and one bogey. Tomorrow we are playing a fairly long course for me and I am excited ! My putter came back alive and I am ready to play...
'

Nice come back my friend, where are you teeing it up tomorrow?

'

Nice come back my friend, where are you teeing it up tomorrow?

Morgan Dairy.. You want to see if I can get you in? I think we need one more for a group of 12!

Easily my best round since the trip to Hawaii, a 77, I opened with 5 straight bogies and then finished with 2 birds, 2 more bogies and the rest pars. It felt good to score again. I used 29 putts and hit 10 of 14 fairways, but only hit 6 GIR, needless to say I scrambled pretty well after the slow start. 39/38 were the 2 sides.

Good round! Glad it's coming back for you.

Bad 18 holes today as I shot 45 and 43 for an 88. My putting was way off. The good news is we played nine more holes and I shot a 35. Two birdies and one bogey. Tomorrow we are playing a fairly long course for me and I am excited ! My putter came back alive and I am ready to play...

Good for you coming back with a 35. That's pretty good mental toughness.

I only played twice this week and it wasn't pretty. Starting with that back nine on Sunday at Old Union, I just got worse and worse as the week progressed. Each nine, I would think "it can't get any worse" but then it would, 86 Tuesday and 93 Thursday, that 93 is my highest score in several years. We have a tournament here this weekend and I will be better. The Doc changed some prescriptions last week and things got funky starting last Friday. Finally I stopped taking it Wednesday and am getting back to feeling "normal" today.

Good round! Glad it's coming back for you.

Good for you coming back with a 35. That's pretty good mental toughness.

I only played twice this week and it wasn't pretty. Starting with that back nine on Sunday at Old Union, I just got worse and worse as the week progressed. Each nine, I would think "it can't get any worse" but then it would, 86 Tuesday and 93 Thursday, that 93 is my highest score in several years. We have a tournament here this weekend and I will be better. The Doc changed some prescriptions last week and things got funky starting last Friday. Finally I stopped taking it Wednesday and am getting back to feeling "normal" today.

Good luck in the tournament buddy, keep us posted. I really admire your game, it was a lot of fun playing with you this past weekend.

Considering I shot a million the other day I will take a 51/50 on a fairly hard course. Stayed in the fairways mostly. Only 1 or 2 3putts. Next lesson will be a short game lesson. With better par 3 play and a little better short game could have easily shaved 10 strokes.

The par 3s killed me. I may have to stop using tees.

Went out in 38, came home in 36 for a 74 today. Awesome day of ball striking for me with a couple of birdies in the mix. Had a double and 2 bogeys on the front with back to back birdies on 7 & 8. Was one under on the back going into the par 5 18th. Hit a good drive, had 218 out, into the wind and went for it with my 20* hybrid. Stupid! I leaked it left into the water and bogey'd the damn hole for a 36. All in all, awesome day as I hit 14 GIR's, and it's always nice to card 3 birdies in the round.

Very nice TC!! Please send some of that ball striking ability my way.

Congrats on a very solid round.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Shot 42/43 for an 85 on a course if never played before.

Poor putting cost me - not one up and down, although the greens were super slow as ha been cored a few weeks ago so the grass was longer than it should have been.

Driving was really good apart from one hole - hit 53% of fairways and had a few which were only just off.

Highlight a birdie on a par 5 - hit a great drive and had 210 meters to the middle, hit my 19* rescue to the
middle and two putted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shot a 81 today at San Jacinto Golf Course. 39 on the front and 42 on the back. I was only 1 over through the first 8 holes and then hit a rough stretch. Turns out I was lifting my head early on my shots. Fixed that problem and ended the round with 3 pars. All in all not too bad, but I should've shot high 70s.

Shot a 45 today. I had 20 putts though which was pathetic. Hopefully that will get better soon.

Great round, TC!

Holy cow TC! Great score! I hope that continues for you.

Nice, Jrod!

Went out in 38, came home in 36 for a 74 today. Awesome day of ball striking for me with a couple of birdies in the mix. Had a double and 2 bogeys on the front with back to back birdies on 7 & 8. Was one under on the back going into the par 5 18th. Hit a good drive, had 218 out, into the wind and went for it with my 20* hybrid. Stupid! I leaked it left into the water and bogey'd the damn hole for a 36. All in all, awesome day as I hit 14 GIR's, and it's always nice to card 3 birdies in the round.

Not bad for a Carolina guy..........:bulgy-eyes:

Had a 77 yesterday on a beautiful day here in North Texas....80 degrees, 5mph wind, party cloudy and Miller Lites in tow. It's one of those days that whatever you shoot is going to be ok because you are outside. Course was 7,100 yards long par 72. My drives were all over the place, maybe one of my worst driving days in awhile. But got the ball around the greens and made a bunch of par putts. Had one birdie on the last hole which is always a good feeling.

Glad everyone is getting out to play in this awesome weather most of us are having right now before winter strikes!

played today in 40+mph wind, teed off at 7.50 was still dark going down the first but had to play at that time b/c there was a comp on at 8. my brother in law brought his friend but we still had our usual matchplay game. i was 3 down after 3 holes and still 2 down after 9. halved the 10th, won the 11th with a birdie and 12th with a par left us all square. lost the 13th 1 down, won the 14th all square. lost 15 1 down again and taught it was all over but on 16 he sliced his drive into the trees so i put the driver back and went for a 3 wood off the tee middle of the fairway, he could only chip out from the trees to the fairway both next shots made the green and both of us 2 putted bringing it back to all square on the 17th tee a 165 yard par 3 straight into the 40 mph wind. he hooked a 4i 10 yards left of the green i hit a sweet 3hybrid to the fringe on the right of the green pin high, he duffed his first chip second one was to 6 feet my chip left me 7 foot but both of us were on the same line me to go first, i knew he was behind watching the line so i stuck it to the back of the cup but lipped out, he left his putt short and on the low side. i was 1 up on the 18th tee a 480 yard par 5 with the wind now from right to left. i hit an ok drive left hand rough he smashed his down the middle leaving him about 190 to the flag i was 230 out and caught with trees overhanging so i just punched a 4i up a 100 yards, he hit a 4i straight at the flag but it tailed off left hit a green side mound and went into the trees, i had 130 left duffed a 9i into a fairway bunker 40 yards short of the green, took out my SW and stuck it to a foot from the hole, he bladed his 3rd over the green made the chip back leaving him with a 12ft for a half, while he was coming across the green i was walking up the fairway and i could see he was annoyed so i said "you'll give me that will you" and he just kicked my ball off the green and said nothing LOL. he missed the putt so i won 2 up but it was the most enjoyable game i have had in a while, matchplay is so much fun

73 on a par 71

6983 yards 74.4/143

Excellent score, that HC is going down!

For myself today, much better. Started on the back in a tournament so the 37 was first. 39 37 76. My partner also shot 76 (4 ball) we are in the hunt with a net 67.

Played in some calm, clear, cool weather (around 55°), so it was a great day for golf. About 6900 yards from the back tees, par 71. Good front 9 I guess, a birdie and 6 bogeys left me at +5 (40) going into the back. Then I had a rough stretch between 10-14. Bogey, Double, Triple, Bogey. So after 14, I was already +12. But then I picked up with a birdie on 15, 2 straight pars, and another birdie on 18 (a really great feeling), ending +5. No eagle this round (hehe), but a very good 81.

Played a "quick" nine at the local place 2 miles away and shot 40. Nothing good or bad, just 4's and 5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back