What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver was average (235-240), 7i felt really good though with the Kuro Kage shaft.

I feel like lately most drivers commercials are complete BS and all screaming more distance and I'm just not seeing it. I really feel like I'm gonna go with consistency in the fairway this year over distance. But hitting it far to begin with also helps with that decision.

I feel like lately most drivers commercials are complete BS and all screaming more distance and I'm just not seeing it. I really feel like I'm gonna go with consistency in the fairway this year over distance. But hitting it far to begin with also helps with that decision.

Definitely not as long as the R1 for me in this small testing sample. I like your thought process!

Definitely not as long as the R1 for me in this small testing sample. I like your thought process!

It's funny though I always hit everything thinking I'm gonna see huge distance gains but I don't. Shafts make all the difference for me. Realizing that more and more.

Figured out how to regrip my clubs. After I realized it was double sided tape and actually peeled off the outer later (I am a dummy), it was super easy. I am never paying anyone to grip my clubs ever again. Hat tip to JMan for suggesting a hook tip blade in the utility knife. Made it alot easier.

Got fit for irons, bought a bunch of stuff, researched driver shafts, swing weights, and drivers shaft lengths.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Figured out how to regrip my clubs. After I realized it was double sided tape and actually peeled off the outer later (I am a dummy), it was super easy. I am never paying anyone to grip my clubs ever again. Hat tip to JMan for suggesting a hook tip blade in the utility knife. Made it alot easier.

Nice dude I did the same earlier and I said the same thing. I was nervous at first but after 2 or 3 grips I felt like a pro! Haha good stuff man

Good for you! Its always good when you do it yourself.

Way to go man! Dans gonna show me the ropes on doing this and hopefully ill be in the same boat as u

I hit the Cleveland TT 6 iron and the RocketBladez Tour 7 iron today a bunch.. No idea on numbers, sadly.

Also, chatted up THP Invitationals and the Morgan Cup with DeanoTheMachino

Nice dude I did the same earlier and I said the same thing. I was nervous at first but after 2 or 3 grips I felt like a pro! Haha good stuff man

Forgot that after you slide the grip on the solvent shoots out the top. All over my ceiling...hahah Yeah I bought a few of the $1.99 grips at the PGA SS to mess around with. I have some really old clubs and some shaft pulls I practiced on.

Forgot that after you slide the grip on the solvent shoots out the top. All over my ceiling...hahah Yeah I bought a few of the $1.99 grips at the PGA SS to mess around with. I have some really old clubs and some shaft pulls I practiced on.

Haha nice ooops. Yeah I regripped out in my garage. I was amazed at how easy it was

I had a fitting at Golf Galaxy. Went in to be fired for the JPX825 pro's, but ended up trying out a J40 and one of the new Cleveland clubs also. All were great clubs. But, I wanted to finish the fitting with the JPX825 pro's, because that was why I was there. But it did create a big ponder moment. Now what to do. I loved all 3 irons. Going to try and swing the J40 's on the course tomorrow. Cookie says he might be able to help with my decision. Sounds fantastic to me. Best to test clubs on the course, not hitting into a screen.

I had a fitting at Golf Galaxy. Went in to be fired for the JPX825 pro's, but ended up trying out a J40 and one of the new Cleveland clubs also. All were great clubs. But, I wanted to finish the fitting with the JPX825 pro's, because that was why I was there. But it did create a big ponder moment. Now what to do. I loved all 3 irons. Going to try and swing the J40 's on the course tomorrow. Cookie says he might be able to help with my decision. Sounds fantastic to me. Best to test clubs on the course, not hitting into a screen.

Be prepared. You're going to fall in love with the DPC's.

I bought the new Bi-matrix Tour in Green with a Razer Fit Extreme adapter.

Be prepared. You're going to fall in love with the DPC's.

I hope so. Would actually make me relax some. Excited about getting new sticks, but want what is going to work the best for me.

Played 18 and THP

I hope so. Would actually make me relax some. Excited about getting new sticks, but want what is going to work the best for me.

U will, its a given, no one can resist dpc awesomeness

U will, its a given, no one can resist dpc awesomeness

I believe I will be pleased with these. Like I said, they were all quality offerings. Just picking one out at the candy store is killing me. If I could have bought all 3 that I hit today, I would have. No doubt in my mind.

Lesson 4 at Golftec and a half hour practice afterward. We are working on the top of the back swing and getting more wrist hinge now. To be honest I never thought I would be hitting the ball this well this quickly. Its like every lesson leads to hitting it harder and making better contact. With better contact comes more consistency and that was one of my goals.
Just for fun I was hitting with different clubs to see the improvement in them today during practice and the improvement is definitely working all across the bag. I haven't hit the big clubs yet as I am still focused on the process and don't want to start thinking about results yet.

After all the years off with back problems and the lack of flexibility that came from that I honestly never thought I would hit the ball this well again and to be doing it after 4 lessons is a tribute to GolfTec and their teaching methods.

Put THP Pure Grips on my ATV Wedges. Look and feel great.

Spent almost 2 hours this morning practicing the SPi method and watching the Pat O'Brian video. I always find something helpful when I watch it even though I have seen it 6-7 times now.

Played 18 holes yesterday.

Just spent 30 minutes talking to a gentleman in the airport about THP when asked about my Albatross Club hat. Hoping he signs up!

Range time hitting of ground that finally isn't frozen and covered with snow. Unfortunately it showed me how far I have to go to get my swing back in shape.

Played 18 on a VERY wet and muddy course. At least I got to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back