what part of your game are you working on?

Long time since I've actually devoted myself to working on something, but I have learned a few things about my swing this summer. Mainly in my long game. I get better results when I swing my driver a little harder, but don't get too long or fast on the backswing. I can control a fade. I need to work of ingraining the correct length of swing and not letting that overswing creep in once a round.

Short game, I've been working on a little shoulder turn with my chipping action. Without it, I've been woefully inconsistent with my distance control. With it, I can predict a little hop-and-bite shot a lot better. Really got to nail that down too.

Looks like driver for the next little while! :bashful:

I have been working on my swing a lot. Mostly focusing on the driver. I am lucky that I don't have to worry about the putter. Maybe need to spend some time on my short game, 100 yards in, and especially swings that are not 100%. I really struggle with 1/2 and 3/4 swings.

I think I'm going to pay for and take another 6 hours of lessons over the winter.

Putting and really just reading greens. I've lived in Texas my whole life and now that I am playing different parts of the country while getting ready to tour, I am having to adjust to different grasses etc..

I think I'm going to pay for and take another 6 hours of lessons over the winter.
its well worth it

im working on lag and i found this vid on youtube

[video=youtube;Ib4TwjE-3pA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib4TwjE-3pA&feature=g-vrec[/video]

Man, I'm not even watching that video. I'm fragile. One swing thought too many and it's off to Shanksville for a week or two.

ive been there and it was a one way trip with stopovers in lostballville

LOL I made a quick visit there on Saturday. Ugh.

I am working hard on putting. Mine has been awful. I need to rethink my whole approach on the green

Have you read an Rotella books, TH? He has a good putting book out there. Won't give you any technical info, but it did a lot for my attitude when I got to the green.

Really need to work on my short irons. Since I got new irons the sole is a lot narrower and will take some getting used to

Consistent tee shots mainly with the driver.

Planning on playing this afternoon. I want to put up a good score so bad that it hurts. Just need to put together 9 solid holes and not make any doubles. I'm at a point where I've been making a good number of pars, which is actually a big improvement, but one or two doubles always seem to bounce me to the low 40's. I want to write a score down that starts with three sometime this year. I guess I'm going to work on keeping up the good stuff and minimizing the bad.

putting....and I'm a silly good putter now

second lesson with new instuctor today .making good progress, today we worked on getting a little more verticle in backswing and swinging left . really loving his teaching style he gives me a tip or drill to try and if i dont catch on quickly he gives me a different tip to accomplish the same goal till we get something that works.he also explains why he is doing each thing. one thing im stuggling with is swinging left. ive been stuck swinging down the target line so long and my finish its a hard habit to break i guess but i will keep working on it.

Planning on playing this afternoon. I want to put up a good score so bad that it hurts. Just need to put together 9 solid holes and not make any doubles. I'm at a point where I've been making a good number of pars, which is actually a big improvement, but one or two doubles always seem to bounce me to the low 40's. I want to write a score down that starts with three sometime this year. I guess I'm going to work on keeping up the good stuff and minimizing the bad.

None of this happened lol. I didn't really have double issues, but pars were hard to come by today.

still need to work on my irons. my ball contact isn't solid and I'm thinning a lot of shots.

I've been working with a new grip for a few weeks now and I took a lesson from a local guy here that has me getting a little steeper. He showed me the path he would like to see, and now I'm taking a few weeks to work on it. So far the miss is right (which I don't mind) but the launch and ball flight are pure as ever, I've even gained a few yards with the changes. Several of my 9 hole rounds have been at par or just under so I think it's going to work out fine, I may need to get my irons bent a degree or two upright now though.

What does he have you doing? I like what I am reading!

I've been working with a new grip for a few weeks now and I took a lesson from a local guy here that has me getting a little steeper. He showed me the path he would like to see, and now I'm taking a few weeks to work on it. So far the miss is right (which I don't mind) but the launch and ball flight are pure as ever, I've even gained a few yards with the changes. Several of my 9 hole rounds have been at par or just under so I think it's going to work out fine, I may need to get my irons bent a degree or two upright now though.

Ive been thinking about this as well, theres a few options around, nothing really close, but it might be worth the drive to help get the game dialed in going into spring

I've always been flat and laid off Freddie, so he has me a little more upright in posture, butt out a little more, and the arms just a touch further away from my body than they have been in the past. This is allowing alittle more room for a clean uninhibited shoulder turn on the way back, and it also allows for more room on the downswing since I'm not swinging from the inside so much. As you say, hip to hip I've been able to make things work well for a long time, but I need a little more room now that I'm older and fatter lol. I know this doesn't make sense, but it just feels so much cleaner from start to finish, It's a bigger arc but more efficient if you understand what I'm saying.

Ive been thinking about this as well, theres a few options around, nothing really close, but it might be worth the drive to help get the game dialed in going into spring

Winter lessons are great, mike. Especially if you end up in the Morgan Cup. Gives you a chance to really work on things without the course getting in the way. I really enjoyed it. Gave me something to look forward to every week.

Right now i'm only going to the range with my driver, PW, 50, 54 and 60 degree wedges. I bring the driver because my fade has worked its way back into a slice again so i'm trying to fix that. The rest of what i do is working on my distance control with my wedges and making sure i get clean contact every time.

Winter lessons are great, mike. Especially if you end up in the Morgan Cup. Gives you a chance to really work on things without the course getting in the way. I really enjoyed it. Gave me something to look forward to every week.

yeah I was talking to the MRs about the MC last night, told her if I got in that my Christmas gift could be the lessons and that more than likely Id avoid resigning up for a club membership and just get a range pass somewhere and start focusing on taking my game more seriously.

Back