New lefty here from Cincy

Badmeat

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wanted to say hello from rainy Cincinnati, OH (over 30 inches of rain so far this year).
This is the first year that I have played more than 3 rounds of golf(6 rounds this year so far that has yielded a 12 handicap). Before this year I have only played about 12 rounds in my 26 years, yet hit the driving range since I was 5, and I'm excited about improving and getting advice from the members here.

Welcome to THP. I will be going to a couple Reds games in June :)

Welcome to THP. I will be going to a couple Reds games in June :)
They're starting off the season very well. First sweep of the Cards since '06

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP Bm, glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to THP, glad to have you aboard!

Welcome!

Hey BM! Where have you been playing this year?

I live in NKY, and am a season pass holder at World of Golf in Florence.

I've played and shot:
Shaker Run (Lakeside & Woodlands) - 107 (first round of year and first time at this course....it's tough IMO!)
Beckett Ridge - Front 9 - 46
Boone Links Ridgeview 9 holes - 49
Lassing Pointe - front 9 - 47
Devou - 90
World of Golf....played a ton - shot a +10 on 18 holes recently

I'm playing 18 at Beckett Ridge this Saturday. Where have you played so far?

Glad to see another Lefty! Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Tap,Tap,Tap

:welcome:

I'm playing 18 at Beckett Ridge this Saturday. Where have you played so far?

I am a member of the Oasis in Loveland (northeast of 275) so I mostly play there. I have played a bunch of the private/semi-private courses in the area (Heritage, Four Bridges, Bellwood, Traditions) and some of the public courses (Beckett - probably my fav-, Walden Ponds, Indian Ridge, Snowhill, Crooked Tree, Hickory Woods, Sharon Woods, Whitewater).

If I had to pick a public favourite it would probably be Beckett. I believe it was originally a private course, and I think they do a pretty decent job maintaining it. I have been meaning to get out and play Shaker, but haven't found a good weekend. It doesn't help that Cincinnati has turned into a monsoon climate this year.

Haven't we had around 30 inches of rain this year???

I don't think I've had one ball hit the fairway and ROLL so far...haha

Haven't we had around 30 inches of rain this year???

I don't think I've had one ball hit the fairway and ROLL so far...haha

I hear you. I think the last three times I've cut my grass, it's been raining or threatening rain.. Pretty ridiculous, but I'm just glad the 45mph winds have calmed..

Welcome to the forum!

Love having new lefties on board! Welcome to the forum buddy.

Glad to have ya and looking forward to your input :welcome:

:welcome: We always need more of us Lefties here

I am a member of the Oasis in Loveland (northeast of 275) so I mostly play there. I have played a bunch of the private/semi-private courses in the area (Heritage, Four Bridges, Bellwood, Traditions) and some of the public courses (Beckett - probably my fav-, Walden Ponds, Indian Ridge, Snowhill, Crooked Tree, Hickory Woods, Sharon Woods, Whitewater).

If I had to pick a public favourite it would probably be Beckett. I believe it was originally a private course, and I think they do a pretty decent job maintaining it. I have been meaning to get out and play Shaker, but haven't found a good weekend. It doesn't help that Cincinnati has turned into a monsoon climate this year.

Beckett and Shaker are solid, I love Legendary run in South West Cincy as well as Elks Run on the river in Batavia

Welcome!

Back