THP @ the AT&T 2011

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Remember all the fun that we had from 'inside the ropes' last year at the AT&T? The pictures from inside the Tour Vans and media center, pictures from the practice range and putting green, pictures of the action from the course itself, interviews with Tour Van reps and the players themselves?

No Tiger? No problem! THP is going back to the AT&T this year and yours truly will be doing all of the above including live updates from all over the course once again!

After each day I'll be putting up the pictures of that day's action so stay tuned for those. After the tournament is done I'll be doing a formal recap of the event for the home page but this thread will be my (and hopefully yours) playground to talk about the sights and sounds as I see/hear them.

9d430f21.jpg

That's awesome man - do us proud! You are one lucky fellow.

That's awesome. Can't wait to check this thread hourly.

Wow I'll be watching this... the coverage from the Masters behind the ropes was awesome! Really looking forward to this... Isn't Thainer out there too?

This is great Hanks, look forward to your pics and thoughts as you wonder about.

I might try and get tickets, maybe see you there

I now tap while I talk

Sweet very nice

In my best church lady voice, "well isn't that special"! Hope you have fun Hanks and can't wait for the pics and updates.

Where is all the pics and comments about this tournament at? Rain delay maybe?

Oh man that's really cool!

Alright Hanks, I know you will make us proud, looking forward to your reports each day. Will you start on Monday or will you wait until Thursday when the tourney starts?

The bold part is for Ole Gray. :D

Niceee.. Lucky!

Alright Hanks, I know you will make us proud, looking forward to your reports each day. Will you start on Monday or will you wait until Thursday when the tourney starts?

The bold part is for Ole Gray. :D

I start on Wed with the practice round, bright and early

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Thats AWESOME and you are very lucky, i know it will be hard work but fun at the same time

Fabulous! I loved last year's report. I look forward to this year's.

Awesome Hanks. Looking forward to all of the photos/vids.

Very awesome! I can't wait to see it all.

Very Nice!

Can't wait to see the coverage good buddy. Lots of pics I hope.

have a great time, we are looking forward to the pics

Nice hanks, try and enjoy the "work"

Dude that is way cool!

Even though none of the Top 14 players will be playing at AT&T, the field is still a pretty good one. Except for Tiger not playing, I think it's better than last year's. Top players are:

Nick Watney, Justin Rose, Anthony Kim, KJ Choi, Ricky Fowler, Camilo Villegas, Mark Wilson, Jim Furyk, Ernie Els, Vijay Sing, Lucas Glover, Geoff Ogilvy, Trevor Immelman, Paul Goydos, and Boo Weekley.

According to the local paper, the ShotLink system will be used at the AT&T this year.

Interesting ShotLink facts:

-began in 2001
-measures over 220 statistical stats
-utilizes 200 volunteers that train 4-5 days prior to the tournament
-takes 2 weeks to digitally map the entire golf course with GPS
-ShotLink equipment takes 5 days to set up
-uses standard WiFi to transmit data
-lasers accurate up to 1 cm from a mile away are used to measure distances

Back