Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really loving what I see so far! Nearly halfway through the videos. Thank you KB!

Looks like everyone had a blast

Best ball match play Dawgdaddy/Butters35 vs. KellyBo & Lefty

Lefty, Butters, & Dawgdaddy's tee Shot

Kelly's tee shot

Lefty's tee shot with a shot across to the other green - Seth, One-T, Brian T, and Chewie

Lefty, Dawgdaddy, and Butters tee shot on par 3

Kelly - par 3 tee shot

Last edited:
Holy multimedia bonanza! Thanks for sharing gal & fellas and especially KB. Looks like you all had a blast of a time.

Holy multimedia bonanza! Thanks for sharing gal & fellas and especially KB. Looks like you all had a blast of a time.

Yeah I just finished watching all the vids. That seems like an amazing time guys!

Wow! Lots of videos....looks like everybody had a great time! Man that course has lots of elevated tee boxes!! That's the one thing I hate about golf courses around here...everything is pretty flat.

Wow! Lots of videos....looks like everybody had a great time! Man that course has lots of elevated tee boxes!! That's the one thing I hate about golf courses around here...everything is pretty flat.

Butternut was the course with all of the elevation changes, Old Union is relatively flat to be located in the mountains. It was a very interesting contrast to be playing the 2 very different type of courses in the 3 days. They are located only a few miles apart too. It was an absolute blast for sure.

Kelly, you can handle a camera like no other.

What a great weekend! I had a blast hanging out with all the great THPers there. The courses were really beautiful and my game was ok. HAHA It didn't really matter though, because we were having such a good time. Thanks Kelly and Bill for setting up such a great weekend for us.

I sure have enjoyed the videos and pictures so far kelly! Thanks for the effort of bringing those to us. The weather looked perfect!

I sure have enjoyed the videos and pictures so far kelly! Thanks for the effort of bringing those to us. The weather looked perfect!

Yeah man the weather could not have been better. We missed ya there, but we know you had baby duties.

We missed ya brother! The weather was just fantastic.

Rumor has it that Ole Gray didn't break 80 today. Imagine that, get him off his home course and he can't get it done. Next step: he takes his name out off the hat for the MC.

Plus playing against opponents under the age of 80 and of the same gender adds a little pressure.

yea guys I did not break 80 but I was not disappointed except for my putting let me down. JT723 and I had an epic match Saturday morning and it bounced back and forth until he pulled two up with four to go. I had to dig my heels in to pull back even and we finished our match all tied up. JT is a fine young man and has serious game and I could not tell he was nervous at any point in the game. This young man is going to kick some butt in many matches in his future!

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for coming. KellyBo and I had a fantastic time with the regulars and meeting the newbies! Just like in all my trips to golf with fellow THP'ers, there was not a rotten apple in the barrel. Just class folks who love golf and love playing with other folks that do. Danny (SW) was a pleasure to have as our guest for one night and on the ride up. He is one funny dude who is a pleasure to be around. Chewie brought KellyBo and I a cool plaque, with an old wooden golf head mounted on it . It's going up on our wall and will make an interesting conversation piece. Thanks Chewie! I believe it was Butters who brought me a sex toy. :D Actually it is a golf training aid that really looks like a sex toy. I would like to thank my golfing partners for the weekend for a great time! I played with chewie and bama on Friday at Old Union. We had a blast and hit some great shots on a tough golf course. TC you can ask those boys how my driver is working. Oddly my putter was the problem all weekend and I had been working the hardest on it. Many times each round I had multiple lip outs. Five minimum each day on both golf courses but my driver was very good to me.

Saturday I played with JT723, chewie, & Butters. Man I can tell you there was some really pretty golf shots out of our bunch and nobody had a hack type day. Ball striking was really good and it was so much fun. JT723 gave me all I could handle and we had an epic match for sure.

Saturday afternoon DawgDaddy and I played against Josh & Eagles golf. Two really fine young men who I totally enjoyed. Both have awesome golf games and took Dawg and I to the woodshed. My beer count for the day had already been exceeded for the day by the time we teed it up with these young bucks. With the games they brought I doubt we could have whupped them on a perfect day. I would love to play golf with either of these guys again. Class folks for sure!

On Sunday I played with two of my Lake Jonesco buddies so all the THP'ers could meet and play with someone they had not played with. I came out even for the day as I played both of those guys as single matches and won one and lost won.

Great pictures and videos from everyone! I would like to thank KellyBo for all the hard work she put into this trip. She worked very hard behind the scenes on pairings etc. She had to make changes on the fly due to unseen circumstances but handled it all like a pro. Excellent photographer and video, commentator, etc. She did it all. Thanks to all the rest of you who that I did not have an opportunity to tee it up with for coming. Thanks for all your GREAT pics too!!!

See ya next year :clapp:

Last edited:
JT723 and I had an epic match Saturday morning and it bounced back and forth until he pulled two up with four to go. I had to dig my heels in to pull back even and we finished our match all tied up. JT is a fine young man and has serious game and I could not tell he was nervous at any point in the game. This young man is going to kick some butt in many matches in his future!

Thank You very much for the kind words Gray. I think that weird downhill Par 3, 17 I believe, was when I really decided to turn up the heat after I threw away my lead on 16 and 17. I'm so blessed to be able to play with all of you. I had an awesome time with all of you.

BTW. The video of my swing on the first tee is probably one of the ugliest swings I made all day. It was WAY to flat.

so, which team ended up victorious for the weekend?

I followed this thread over the weekend and checked out the photos and vids this morning. I can tell you guys had a heck of a time and I think it's very cool that everyone committed to making it there and playing some fun competitive golf with one another. Kudos to all involved!

Thank You very much for the kind words Gray. I think that weird downhill Par 3, 17 I believe, was when I really decided to turn up the heat after I threw away my lead on 16 and 17. I'm so blessed to be able to play with all of you. I had an awesome time with all of you.

BTW. The video of my swing on the first tee is probably one of the ugliest swings I made all day. It was WAY to flat.

That first hole with everyone standing around watching, will make anyone swing off plane :D! I enjoyed our round Johnathan. Keep up the awesome golfing and hopefully we will see you back next year :thumb:

Hopefully? Unless I go to college out West I WILL be back next year. And this time I'll be there the WHOLE weekend.

so, which team ended up victorious for the weekend?

Team Hicks with Sticks took it this year :clapp:

I followed this thread over the weekend and checked out the photos and vids this morning. I can tell you guys had a heck of a time and I think it's very cool that everyone committed to making it there and playing some fun competitive golf with one another. Kudos to all involved!

Great time had by all for sure. One-T made it for the Saturday afternoon round and he is always a blast to play golf with. He hooked up with my group for a few holes. We seriously missed his brother TC this year however having a baby born is excuse enough. With that said we hope to grab him next year for sure and hoping a few more of you can make the trip!

Also, What was the Highlight of my weekend?

I think it was the afternoon scramble when we made an eightsome (yes I said eightsome) on 9 and One-T yells out "Worst drive plays the hole nekkid" and SW steps and hits his drive in the Zaxby's bushes across the street. I'm still laughing at that one.

I think it was the afternoon scramble when we made an eightsome (yes I said eightsome) on 9 and One-T yells out "Worst drive plays the hole nekkid" and SW steps and hits his drive in the Zaxby's bushes across the street. I'm still laughing at that one.

that thing killed a building, missed cars, crossed a 4 lane, and rested nicely in the Zaxby's bushes

That was definitely one of those golf shots none of us that were there will ever forget!

That was a nice drive! Right!

One funny moment that I remember is when DMB012 said something to the effect that it was rough getting beat by a 60 year old woman. He didn't realize I'm only 53. Open mouth insert foot. He tried to cover it up with.....well, I thought since OG was 85.... It was too late and he is now on my hit list. I will be looking for an opportunity to get him back. LOL

One funny moment that I remember is when DMB012 said something to the effect that it was rough getting beat by a 60 year old woman. He didn't realize I'm only 53. Open mouth insert foot. He tried to cover it up with.....well, I thought since OG was 85.... It was too late and he is now on my hit list. I will be looking for an opportunity to get him back. LOL

That was good times! I really thought you were in your 40s.

It was great to see everyone Friday and Saturday. I apologize for not making it back up there Sunday, but my clubs were in time-out from the patheticness they brought to the first 36 holes I played this weekend.

Glad to see that everyone seemingly made it home safely from the festivities. Big thanks to Ole Gray and KellyBo for doing all the planning that led to the weekend going so well.

Back