Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
165 yard par 3. Hit 6 iron. Rolled to a foot of a hole in one. Closest I ever been
aefc5389-8b21-7de2.jpg

tapatalk addict....

I'm going to post this for The Wander cuz it was too good not tell someone. He and I played Friday at Northshore Golf Club and he was having an atypical ball striking kinda day. There are two shots that come to mind that I have never seen him hit. The first was a 5i from 185 to 12'. No big deal for some but for a man that plays a fade 90% of the time and falls into a draw, it was a great shot. I tight mid flight draw that cleared two mounds and finished 12' right of the flag. The second great shot came from the right trees on a bare sandy lie. I alwys say take what the course gives you,it's safer. Well he took what was behind door #2. He had to keep the ball down for 100 yards about 3' high, hit the fairway, fade around a mound and roll up a slope to a left middle pin. He did not make either putt for birdie but the shots were put into my best shots I've seen my dad aka The wander hit.

Drained a 20-25 foot putt burned the edge on the left side of the cup went past the cup and since the greens were so fast it fell backwards after stopping into the cup. Prob one of the funnier putts I've had.

I'm going to post this for The Wander cuz it was too good not tell someone. He and I played Friday at Northshore Golf Club and he was having an atypical ball striking kinda day. There are two shots that come to mind that I have never seen him hit. The first was a 5i from 185 to 12'. No big deal for some but for a man that plays a fade 90% of the time and falls into a draw, it was a great shot. I tight mid flight draw that cleared two mounds and finished 12' right of the flag. The second great shot came from the right trees on a bare sandy lie. I alwys say take what the course gives you,it's safer. Well he took what was behind door #2. He had to keep the ball down for 100 yards about 3' high, hit the fairway, fade around a mound and roll up a slope to a left middle pin. He did not make either putt for birdie but the shots were put into my best shots I've seen my dad aka The wander hit.

I wish I could hit a fade =( It used to be my stock shot then it disappeared.

in my round yesterday in a points game...maybe not the best shot of the day, but the one I managed to pull off when I needed it the most.

17th hole...I had just blown up on # 16 w. a snowman, and prior to that, 4-putted # 15 for a double. 2 holes w/o a score and I needed 1 more point to finish "even" for the day on my required points. 17th tee....faded my tee shot into a fairway bunker about 135 yards from the green. Great!...I am looking at at least a double AGAIN. I climb in the sand with my 8-iron. Ball is sitting on an upslope about 8 feet from the front lip which is about 2-3 feet high. I hit it like I am hitting off grass and it gets up, flies straight, and winds up on the front fringe of the green. Chipped on to within 6' and then drained the putt for bogie. I needed that putt! Got my point.....then I blew up on 18. sheesh!

absolutely crushing irons today
the best shot was a 7i from the 150 stick that went high and landed on its own ballmark center of the green

First drive - 260 metres and left 98 to the green. Knocked it to 8 feet and made the putt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three shots, back to back to back... Managed to eagle the 3rd hole today with driver, 7 iron, and I rolled I the 15 ft downhill putt

Holed a 50 footer for birdie on 18 today. Was nice to see it drop, but made me mad considering all of the 4-6 footers I missed today.

Second day of a four ball tournament, tied for third and one down through 11 holes. The twelfth is the toughest on the course, skinny with trees left and right with OB right. Creek crossing the FW at 260 yds. Three iron off the tee tugged a little right into a tree, the ball falls into the first cut of rough 198 uphill to the green. Huge tree between me and the flag requiring a slight draw. I gripped down an inch on a three iron and hit my best shot of the week, around the tree, up the hill over the bunkers onto the proper level of the green about 15 feet from the hole. Then I hit my second best shot a 15 footer slightly down hill with 6" break on a lightening quick green, the putt goes in the center of the hole for a net eagle. The other team made par and we go from one down to one up. The lead only lasted two holes though and we finished fourth.

Second day of a four ball tournament, tied for third and one down through 11 holes. The twelfth is the toughest on the course, skinny with trees left and right with OB right. Creek crossing the FW at 260 yds. Three iron off the tee tugged a little right into a tree, the ball falls into the first cut of rough 198 uphill to the green. Huge tree between me and the flag requiring a slight draw. I gripped down an inch on a three iron and hit my best shot of the week, around the tree, up the hill over the bunkers onto the proper level of the green about 15 feet from the hole. Then I hit my second best shot a 15 footer slightly down hill with 6" break on a lightening quick green, the putt goes in the center of the hole for a net eagle. The other team made par and we go from one down to one up. The lead only lasted two holes though and we finished fourth.

Great shot Lefty! That was one heck of a shot to pull off :clapp:..

My best shot of my round today was from a green side bunker. I had about 15 yds to the pin and hit a nice little bunker shot that trickled down and into the hole for a birdie! Won me a skin on the hole to boot.

195 yard par 3. I hit my 4 iron to about 6 feet. Missed the birdie...shocker.

515yd par 5. Tee shot left me right of the FW behind a tree, 235 to the center of the green. I decided that going for the green was foolish and took the best layup option I could. I RIPPED a hard draw with my new Miura 24* hybrid and ended up 50yds from the pin. I 2 putted but a par still felt good after where I was after my tee shot.

man i was playing horrendous today but i had one shot that made me smile towards the end of my round
par3 181
hooked a 5i left of the green with a deep green side trap between me and the flag
hit a 60 flop that looked like it was gonna run wayyy past the hole but it stopped 2" right below the hole
tap in par
i hate being mad at what i think is a crappy shot but ends up to be a great one lol

Terrible round today. Windy and the round took 5-1/2 hours.

8th hole, 157 yard par 3, pin about 15 feet from the front of the green. One of the guys I was with hits the green, hits the stick and winds up 6 feet right of the hole, pin high. I follow with a 5H that lands 10 feet short of the green, bounces to the green and finishes 4 feet to the right of the hole, 2 feet from pin high.

We get up there and he says, "Gotta make the putts." I look at him and say, "Shhhhhhh!". We both miss our putts. UGGGH.

another crappy round and another crazy flopper over a bunker leaving it above the hole this time... but a completely diff course

Instead of describing it....enjoy:

I would have to say it was on my last hole of the day. I hit a four iron off the tee which left me about 160 yards to the pin. Pin was back right down hill from my position. I hit a seven iron beautifully with a slight fade, and good spin which drew the ball back to about 3 feet from the hole.

Nice shot and nice putt, cookie!

2nd shot on #16 at Windtree. Pin was up front and I had a great drive that left me 105 yds out. I popped an easy PW that came to rest a foot from the hole. Tap-in birdie....the best kind IMO. :D

Also recovered from a fairway bunker on #17 after pushing my tee shot right. 140 yds to the green. 8i dropped it on the front 1/3rd but then 3-putted for bogey. Almost identical to what I did saturday on that hole. I did learn how to get out of a fairway trap effectively though.

Second shot on a par 4, 160 out, 6 iron to 3 inches (couldn't see the flight, it was too dark). Yes, I did make the putt.

Second shot on a par 4, 160 out, 6 iron to 3 inches (couldn't see the flight, it was too dark). Yes, I did make the putt.

saw the pic, awesome shot, glad you made the putt!

short game was hot hot today but none of the chip shots went in
best one had to be a 60 degree from 90 out
caught it kinda thin but it ran onto the green lipping out and stopping a few inches next to the cup

I hit a shot that required a ton of thinking today. Wind, elevation were severe, my lie was in the fescue. I had to aim well right because I knew the hosel would grab and turn over. I had to carry a burn. I stuffed it and rolled in the bird for a 5 skin carry over to get me back in the match.

I hit a shot that required a ton of thinking today. Wind, elevation were severe, my lie was in the fescue. I had to aim well right because I knew the hosel would grab and turn over. I had to carry a burn. I stuffed it and rolled in the bird for a 5 skin carry over to get me back in the match.

Great shot, gotta love those carry skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back