The 2nd Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Tour Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to you GG, these great captains and everyone who works incredibly hard behind the scenes for a bunch of us hackers! Pretty incredible!

Tap,Tap,Tap

Watching INGolfer on the 2nd hole was like watching a combination of a ping pong match and a speed golfer. He went back and forth across the green 714 times and each time would grab his wedges and run to the ball 25 yards past the green. There came a point where you just felt bad for the guy, for two reasons.

1. Its not a pretty sight to see a guy try so hard, but both of you know inside that there is no chance.
2. The shiny blades, the smooth gear, the 9 on the 2nd hole. It had all the makings of INternetGolfer.

I mean at some point you just want the dude to succeed. But its straight out of a Wilson Staff commercial. All I was left saying was "really?".

If only he could combine obvious length off tee with the short game prowess of c0ncept! We would then have created the ultimate INternetGolfer.

If only he could combine obvious length off tee with the short game prowess of c0ncept! We would then have created the ultimate INternetGolfer.

Haha hey! I can back up my short game :p

Oh and tadashi has some good tips for ya. You don't always need the driver, especially against JB, you can probably out-drive him with your 3-wood :alien2:

Who gives a :poop: whether you can out drive him with a 3 wood or with an 8 iron. If you can't finish off a hole in less strokes that he can it really does not matter how far you drive the ball.

I can outdrive anyone with my sand wedge. Until I meet you in real life, then all my clubs lose a bunch of distance. :D

True story - In - you're getting destroyed. Just pick up your ball, take your X, and move on to the next tee box. You may be a lower hcp than me, but here's what I won't do. I won't promise something that nobody has seen me back up, on the course. If your short game skills are as strong as your junk talking muscles, you should be the best golfer here. Apparently, you're not.

Step Your Game Up!

I promise to take some thick ass divots. I promise I will also probably shank at least 1 shot. I also promise to at least 3 putt 1 hole. I promise that I am going to have a ton of laughs. I'm pumped!!

Yeah this is going to be pretty sweet!

That is a common sight at the THP outings, clubs suddenly "lose distance"..LOL

It isn't me, I swear. My clubs just don't like it when others drive up to my tee box. :D

I promise to take some thick ass divots. I promise I will also probably shank at least 1 shot. I also promise to at least 3 putt 1 hole. I promise that I am going to have a ton of laughs. I'm pumped!!

I like this Chunk. I'm pumped too.

Oh and tadashi has some good tips for ya. You don't always need the driver, especially against JB, you can probably out-drive him with your 3-wood :alien2:

I hate to break it to you, but even the girls out drive JB sometimes but it means NOTHING if you can't finish. Yeah, I know we had a 100 yard advantage and all...but still...:D

Safe travels CL. I'll see you guys when I get down Thursday morning

You too dude! I have dibs on the Black irons!!

Is it Saturday yet? I can't wait for the viewing party!

Safe travels CL and Ddec. Give JB a wooping for the rest of us Team Hackers and Team Paradise supporters.

Safe travels to both the Captains, you guys have a great time and ddec, I want to hear all about the Cleveland Classic Driver!!

JB, you and GG are incredible people to put something like this together where the everyday normal weekend hacker has a chance to compete in something of this magnitude and be treated like a tour player, complete with sponsorship deals and all. It's amazing that the 2 of you are able to pull this off.

I am honored to have been able to audition for this event and whether I am chosen or not I will do everything that I can to help support it. You guys are truly special people!

Proof reading and reading aloud back to yourself should be a requirement at times.

This is one of those times. LMAO

I proofread nothing and enjoy setting things up to be joked about.
At least Cap'n Chunk spells it right. I try not to let spelling errors get to me too much on the forum, but if you are going to talk about proofreading, at least spell it correctly cookie!

Watching INGolfer on the 2nd hole was like watching a combination of a ping pong match and a speed golfer. He went back and forth across the green 714 times and each time would grab his wedges and run to the ball 25 yards past the green. There came a point where you just felt bad for the guy, for two reasons.

1. Its not a pretty sight to see a guy try so hard, but both of you know inside that there is no chance.
2. The shiny blades, the smooth gear, the 9 on the 2nd hole. It had all the makings of INternetGolfer.

I mean at some point you just want the dude to succeed. But its straight out of a Wilson Staff commercial. All I was left saying was "really?".
One of the perks of being on THP is that you don't have to worry too much about getting slammed too badly by this guy in the months leading up to the event. The guy is ruthless.

Safe travels to both the Captains, you guys have a great time and ddec, I want to hear all about the Cleveland Classic Driver!!

JB, you and GG are incredible people to put something like this together where the everyday normal weekend hacker has a chance to compete in something of this magnitude and be treated like a tour player, complete with sponsorship deals and all. It's amazing that the 2 of you are able to pull this off.

I am honored to have been able to audition for this event and whether I am chosen or not I will do everything that I can to help support it. You guys are truly special people!

here here! Well said 3BT! I don't have any actual skill (I'm in management), but I'd help in any way I can from Cali if I don't get chosen.

I have been trying to determine where my game will be by the time the Morgan Cup 2.0 comes around. I have come up wtih an approximate score I will score in August, using basic mathmatics.

I started playing in May, and scored a 125 on my first round on a full size course. I shot a 90 in my most recent round. So in the past 7 months I have improved my score by 35 strokes. The Morgan Cup is over 7 months away. Using my basic formula, I have estimated that I will score a 55 in July if I play in the Morgan Cup. This is a conservative estimate since there is more than 7 months till the event.

Now this isn't internet posturing or trash talking, this is basic mathmatics, there is no way these facts can be wrong.
So if you want a player who can shoot in the 50's, I'm pretty much your only choice. Pick me for the Morgan Cup.

I have been trying to determine where my game will be by the time the Morgan Cup 2.0 comes around. I have come up wtih an approximate score I will score in August, using basic mathmatics.

I started playing in May, and scored a 125 on my first round on a full size course. I shot a 90 in my most recent round. So in the past 7 months I have improved my score by 35 strokes. The Morgan Cup is over 7 months away. Using my basic formula, I have estimated that I will score a 55 in July if I play in the Morgan Cup. This is a conservative estimate since there is more than 7 months till the event.

Now this isn't internet posturing or trash talking, this is basic mathmatics, there is no way these facts can be wrong.
So if you want a player who can shoot in the 50's, I'm pretty much your only choice. Pick me for the Morgan Cup.

Haha love it wake

3 more wake up days until the party!!

Cool waking up to some good banter while I was making a poor attempt to actually get some sleep.

I learned one thing: INgolfer needs to work on his short game.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yeah its almost here! Seems like it was just yesterday the whole event was just announced. Hurry up and get here, Weekend!

I actually dreamt last night that I was playing in the Morgan Cup.

SeeMorganCupGuy......hopeful!

TapAhoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back