Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2012 Callaway RAZR Fit driver is here and we wanted to put up some in hand pictures of both the look and style of the club as well as show off some of the adjustability that it features. It will be available in early 2012 with a retail price of $399.

Official Press Release:
CALLAWAY GOLF ANNOUNCES GLOBAL LAUNCH OF
RAZR FIT DRIVER

Straightforward and Meaningful Adjustability Meets Unparalleled Performance

CARLSBAD, Calif., December 7, 2011 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today announced the February 17[SUP]th[/SUP] worldwide availability of its much-anticipated RAZR Fit™ Driver and RAZR Fit™ Fairway Woods. Building on 29 years of club making excellence, Callaway’s RAZR Fit line of woods represents the Company’s most advanced products to date. By combining the performance benefits gained from several proprietary technologies with an easy-to-understand, adjustable hosel - plus moveable weights to promote draw or neutral ball flight - Callaway is empowering players around the world to dial in their game with RAZR Fit. Marking a new standard in performance customization, RAZR Fit’s straightforward adjustability delivers optimum performance and real results for every golf swing.

“We are particularly proud of the performance gains we have achieved while adding the benefits of adjustability within the RAZR Fit design,” said Dr. Alan Hocknell, Sr. Vice President of Research & Development, Callaway Golf. “Callaway is not just entering the adjustability race with the introduction of RAZR Fit, we are taking the pole position. The adjustable features, combined with our proprietary technologies, allow golfers to play a more meaningful role than ever before in their journey to optimized performance.”

The RAZR Fit Driver and RAZR Fit Fairway Woods both feature Callaway’s renowned OptiFit® adjustability system—designed for easy use and noticeable changes in trajectory for each of the settings. The system allows golfers to adjust the club’s face angle to three address positions: Open, Square and Closed. This adjustment is controlled within the “cog”, a rotatable element of the hosel that changes the angle of the shaft axis relative to the head. Rotating the cog enables golfers to choose a preferred look at address while also minimizing a slice or hook generated by the club’s delivery to the ball. Because the shaft does not rotate with the cog, shaft graphics and grip reminders remain consistent to the player’s look and feel when they adjust the face angle. In the driverhead, OptiFit weights (one weighing 12 grams and the other 2 grams) are featured in the sole's toe and heal positions. These are movable and can be exchanged to create a meaningful shift in the club's center of gravity and a perceivable draw or neutral ball flight.

Since 2004, Callaway has led the industry in multi-material clubhead construction, advancing club design in capacities such as mass property optimization and aerodynamic shaping. Now, with the introduction of RAZR Fit, the Company furthers its heritage in innovation by uniting multi-material design with the fundamental benefits of adjustability for every golfer’s swing. Specifically, the crown of the RAZR Fit Driver is comprised of Forged Composite™, an advanced carbon composite material that Callaway developed over several years in partnership with Automobili Lamborghini. Lighter, stronger, more precise than titanium (the material used in more than 90% of the current drivers in the market), Forged Composite allows Callaway engineers to save crucial weight and precisely control the thickness of the crown. These benefits give the RAZR Fit Driver a lower center of gravity, making it more forgiving on off-center hits.

Callaway’s RAZR Fit Driver also incorporates a proprietary innovation in aerodynamic shaping called Streamlined Surface Technology that addresses the complex variations in aerodynamic flow during a driver’s entire downswing—from transition through impact. More than four years in the making, Streamlined Surface Technology has reduced RAZR Fit’s energy loss due to drag by 14% (relative to its predecessor, the RAZR Hawk™ Driver), despite the addition of an adjustable hosel. This contributes to increased ball speed at impact, a critical element of driving distance. This aerodynamics technology is accompanied by the debut of the Company’s new Speed Frame Face™ Technology, which combines hyperbolic shaping of the clubface with precision thickness control to achieve a larger sweet spot. This new technology optimizes stress distribution and increasesball speeds across the face. Callaway engineers were also able to save weight by implementing this new face technology.

The RAZR Fit Driver comes standard with a 45.5” Aldila® RIP’d™ NV shaft and a premium Golf Pride® New Decade Multi Compound grip. Already in the bags of Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Alvaro Quiros and other tour professionals around the world, the RAZR Fit Driver will be available for all golfers for the new product introduction retail price of $399 (US).

RAZR Fit Fairway Woods
Like the RAZR Fit Driver, the RAZR Fit Fairway Woods feature three address positions—Open, Square and Closed. They will be available in a 3-Wood (15°) and a 5-Wood (18°), and allow players to make adjustments based on their preferred look at address and to minimize tendencies to hook or slice the ball. Callaway’s staff of Tour players helped inspire the club design, which features a traditional shape in a compact head size, as well as a shallow face with a low leading edge.

Callaway’s engineers have also applied Variable Face Thickness Technology to precisely shape the face thickness in each fairway wood, increasing the sweet spot and promoting consistent trajectories and hotter ball speeds. RAZR Fit Fairway Woods will be available at the new product introduction retail price of $249 (US).

“The RAZR Fit Fairway Wood was designed for players seeking the ultimate in performance and optimization,” said Hocknell. “Whether a golfer is advancing the ball in a fairway or getting out of trouble, RAZR Fit Fairway Woods will inspire the confidence to hit great shots.”

i-6cK5BHr-L.jpg

i-CbbZ5d3-L.jpg

i-3xT9MkB-L.jpg

i-qrJpDMG-L.jpg

i-59MmZNS-L.jpg

i-JqjHDMB-L.jpg

i-rQKVZk5-L.jpg

i-r4zt9xT-L.jpg

i-SjL2B8X-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing looks awesome, can't wait to see some initial thoughts.

That driver is something sessy! I absolutely love the looks of this thing. Oh baby does it look nice. One of the best looking drivers out there now. Cally really knows how to do asthetics- the XF line and wedges looked amazing too! I'm excited to hear more about this!

Looks pretty sweet!

Really digging the looks of this club especially the head to the head cover. Looking forward to hearing more about this and how it stacks up against some of the other offerings out there. Interested to learn just how much in the results realm can be seen through the adjustability factor.

Tappin' from my iPad!

This one's crown looks a lot more traditional.

I wish this club had the Motore shaft that is in the black driver. I was not a big fan of the RIP shaft that was in the Hawk.

Nice looking club. I have never been a Cally fan, but I have been tempted lately to hit one of their new drivers. I really like the look of this thing...tempting.

I like this one too, but the Callaway Black just looks so sessy to me.

Looks great. There are a lot of great looking drivers coming out or that have just come out.

This driver does look awesome. I see a lot of the Razr Hawk characteristics in it. That is a great thing. I love that driver. Can't wait to get one in my hands on the range!

This is a really nice looking driver. Is it my eyes deceiving me or does the face get deeper towards the toe? The adjustability features look uncomplicated and don't get in the way of the look at all. I'll be interested to see how this performs, since I know there are a lot of Razr Hawk fans on here....can this be better?

Good looking driver on the bottom, i just cant seem too look at another driver once i went white now everything looks weird too me lol

This is a really nice looking driver. Is it my eyes deceiving me or does the face get deeper towards the toe? The adjustability features look uncomplicated and don't get in the way of the look at all. I'll be interested to see how this performs, since I know there are a lot of Razr Hawk fans on here....can this be better?

It's not your eyes - the face is definitely deeper about 1/4 to 1/2 inch left of center towards the toe.

So is the adjustability features on this similar (tech wise) to the 910's?

The adjustability is really twofold.

You have open which is 2.5* open
Standard which is neutral
Closed which is 1.5* closed

Then you have two weights one on the toe side and one on the heel side.
By changing those weights, you can manipulate the ball flight.

ok, so there aren't as many "hosel" adjustability options like we see in the titleist or the taylormade's?

ok, so there aren't as many "hosel" adjustability options like we see in the titleist or the taylormade's?

Part of me quite likes that. Would save me a lot of tinkering time if I could just hit the thing well.

Yes! I love the looks of this one and extremely curious about the adjustibility features. Looks like a lot of adjustbility there :) I hope it takes off because I'd love the ability to pop shafts in and out of this one, especially if it performs like the Razr Hawk.

I am liking the looks of this driver but I do have a question. In the picture of the face, it looks like the face is deeper forward of the sweet spot out towards the toe. Is it just me seeing this or is it reall like that?

Is the sound of this driver similar to the Razr Hawk?

That is a really good looking driver. This is Callaways first adjustable driver, correct?

I am liking the looks of this driver but I do have a question. In the picture of the face, it looks like the face is deeper forward of the sweet spot out towards the toe. Is it just me seeing this or is it reall like that?

The picture shows more than it really is, but there is something to it in looking at it.

Is the sound of this driver similar to the Razr Hawk?

yes it is.

WOW that looks sick

Back