Shell Houston Open Thread (Spoilers)

Just think, TW did not even play in the Shell Open and he has dominated the end of the thread. Now how did that happen? :devil:

Personally I think Foley is by far the best teacher out there, and it is starting to show. Surely is style is complicated, but I think it will take many of his players to that next level.. I think he will add some players to his stable soon too.

I also think that Tiger will be better than he ever has been in terms of his golf swing and mechanics, but we all know the role of the mind and how messy Tiger's is.

Ok. Who's been nothing but negative about Foley?

I'd have to search through the threads to find it but I know what I read. It wasn't directed at you.
As your friend I get why your down on TW but in the context of your statement I felt you were coming down on foley by tying him to woods. I agree with a great deal of your feeling on TW, btw. I may have read too much into your statements. My apologies!!

Just think, TW did not even play in the Shell Open and he has dominated the end of the thread. Now how did that happen? :devil:

Hehe, +1

Because in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson he is Mother Effin Tiger Woods!

This made me laugh out loud. Hah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this post. It made me laugh so hard. Samuel L ftw!

Ok. Who's been nothing but negative about Foley?

You asked.....
Roninthorton made this comment about foley

Foley basically has 2 students left Tiger and Mahan, both missed the cut last week. Neither has been playing up to their perceived potential. When you look at the things that could be affecting their game, the only common factor between them is Foley.

I spit up a little powerade zero on that one. Funny

Lets be honest. Lots of folks wouldn't know Foley taught anyone but Tigger. No biggie

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I foley still with Justin rose?

Another very solid showing from Mahan. This guy looks almost automatic with the driver at the moment, and he's not far behind with his irons either. Tee to green, he's been incredibly impressive. He's still got the outside chance of flubbing a chip every now and again, but other than that, he deserves to be the highest ranked US player.

Also, did I catch Johnny Miller talking about Jesper Parnevik and saying if he loses his index finger, it's no big deal because he can still play without it? This guy needs a slap.

Yes sir. Rose, Ames, Tiger, Mahan, McLachlin

And Natalie Gulbis! Way better student for a guy than any of those others you just mentioned. Probably his favorite. Easy on the eyes!
aefddbdf-783a-5024.jpg

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

She said specifically in her interview after the low round in the Nabisco. "I've just gotta go work on a few things with Foley".

I haven't heard that, but thats cool.

She said specifically in her interview after the low round in the Nabisco. "I've just gotta go work on a few things with Foley".

Interesting, must have been a very recent change then. Everything I saw, including LPGA.com, still said Butch.

Team Hackers tapping!

I haven't heard that, but thats cool.

I thought it was interesting. That guy, if he took her on too, sure has a lot of students.

After watching the interview, I hear she had a great offseason with Butch..
I thought it was interesting. That guy, if he took her on too, sure has a lot of students.

Do you by chance still have this interview feed? I emailed someone close to her from her sponsor and here is the quote back (I want to thank JJ for emailing me so early and quickly).

"If she made a coaching change, she did so without telling any of us. She worked really hard with Butch in the offseason and her game is starting to take shape. This would be pretty big news on her front and I would be surprised if she would announce it in this way."

Another very solid showing from Mahan. This guy looks almost automatic with the driver at the moment, and he's not far behind with his irons either. Tee to green, he's been incredibly impressive. He's still got the outside chance of flubbing a chip every now and again, but other than that, he deserves to be the highest ranked US player.

Also, did I catch Johnny Miller talking about Jesper Parnevik and saying if he loses his index finger, it's no big deal because he can still play without it? This guy needs a slap.

I heard that Paulo and I thought that comment was completely unneeded. Miller just comes across as a negative, insecure, dbag.....

Back