THP Tour Van - Texas Event Recap Thread

I want to thank JB and GG for all they do! It was great meeting them and everyone else. I know everyone had a great time I know I did. I also want to the the Great Cookie for all he did putting this together. He really is a great guy.

It was fun watching ssthoutx dog trae all day Saturday! I played poorly Saturday but redeemd myself today. A couple of bad holes shot my score up but in the end I beat Cookie today!

I want to thank JB and GG for all they do! It was great meeting them and everyone else. I know everyone had a great time I know I did. I also want to the the Great Cookie for all he did putting this together. He really is a great guy.

It was fun watching ssthoutx dog trae all day Saturday! I played poorly Saturday but redeemd myself today. A couple of bad holes shot my score up but in the end I beat Cookie today!

LOL nice

Enjoyed reading the recap. i got a good chuckle out of some of the lines. Sounds like it was a blast for everyone.

These THP Tour RV Outings are the real deal.

Tappin from my iPad

dtak, that was a fun time. I hope we all can get together this summer and do it again. Folks he can def hit the ball with a smooooth swing. Wish you could have made it out Sunday.
Only negative, like others said, was that the course was recently aerated...

Other than that, was a blast! Round kind of sucked, especially with Cookie beating me soundly on the back 9 and AFW beating me overall total... Steele... was close... haha!

Thank you JB and GG for coming all the way to Texas for this! I didn't get to pick up any swag :(, but still definitely appreciate the driving and coordinating done with Cookie.

Looking forward to the next THP meet up/outing! Can't get here fast enough...

The picture of JB in the car looks like he's out searching for Jman after he ice jacked the smart car.

I made it home. I met a lot of cool people over the weekend. I can tell those of you who haven't had the chance to come to any type of THP event and meet these people; they are simply great & fun people to be around. Morgan is 10x sweeter than she sounds on the forum...JB was great and I enjoyed his one-liners throughout the round.

Thanks Cookie for getting this together. Thanks Jman for making the drive. Thanks everybody else who was able to come!

My quick recap of day 2:

Cookie telling Jman to "hold up, nah your fine" just as Jman starts his backswing on #1 tee
Jman running over Cookie's ball with the cart tire while Cook select his club on #2 fairway
Jman almost ice jacking yet another moving vehicle while hitting out of a green side bunker.
My second day score card looked similar to day 1 "Participant"
The ranger transferring smart ass comments back and forth between Cookie and JB (in the group ahead)

Thankyou JB, GG, and Cookie. You are all fantastic and I enjoyed this weekend tremendously. I had a blast playing with Cookie Saturday and JB Sunday. Can't ask for better group playing partners. This weekend was what a golf outing is all about. Very good people and fun golf. Enjoyed meeting all the THPers. Can't wait to meet some of the ones that couldn't make it. Looking forward to doing this again.

Steele, Had a great time with you Saturday. You are fun as can be out there. I hope we can all get together again and see if you can make it rain with the the sky ball. Maybe you could find a Driver you can hit first. You def hit the 3W long, but I bet you and the right driver would scare some golf balls.
Yes I was really close..... Haha.... It was a fun round DTak.....

I enjoyed reading through this. Sounds like everyone had a blast.

Thanks AFWCardinal.... That 81 you shot yesterday was pretty awesome at a new course with less than ideal conditions. My golf game is a work in progress, but it is a game I really enjoy. Stay in touch bro'.

I also don't know if people understand that the Escalade that JMAN Icejacked was moving....on the highway.....50 yards left of the fairway...:laughing:

Hmmmm that remark resembles me :bulgy-eyes:...

I enjoyed reading about all the fun you guys had this weekend! Nothing better than a bunch of THP members hooking up for a weekend of golf and fun. There was some funny stuff shared for sure and I know you guys built some great memories! Thanks for sharing the fun with us :clapp:

Glad everyone had such a great time I can't wait to catch up with them in both StL and Des Moines!

Glad everyone had such a great time I can't wait to catch up with them in both StL and Des Moines!

I hope to do both, but leaning more towards Des Moines.

Glad to hear everyone had a good time today as well! I really wish I could have stayed and played again today, but duty called.

Again, Thanks to JB, GG and Cookie for putting this all together.....and thanks to everybody that came out to support it, I doubt there would be too many of these if nobody came..LOL

Thanks to all the Albatros members for making stuff like this possible.

And thanks to Pukka Headwear, Scor Golf, Bridgestone and KBS shafts for providing everybody with the great SWAG!

I had so much fun, I may have to cash in some frequent flyer miles and pick one of the others and fly in for it!

Here are some photos that I snapped between Saturday and Sunday, wish I would have taken more but was too busy having fun chatting on/off the course and then getting my arse handed to me on the course.

Jman hanging in the cart.

IMG_0198.jpg

Sunday morning wildlife.

IMG_0195.jpg

GolferGal in textbook position with the driver

IMG_0199.jpg

2shoes unleashing another bomb.

IMG_0197.jpg

Carts near the Tour Van on Saturday morning.

IMG_0188.jpg

Oliv and his wife. (extremely nice people)

IMG_0189.jpg

Jman hamming it up while TBT puts some shoes on. (showing off the Champion spikes)

IMG_0190.jpg

Saturday morning range session with a bunch of goodies from the Tour Van.

IMG_0191.jpg

Jman getting AMP'ed up on Saturday morning.

IMG_0192.jpg

Serious club discussions being had....

IMG_0193.jpg

Nice pictures Cookie, looks like you guys had a blast.

I love seeing pictures. Jman looks nothing like what I pictured!

Just woke up and realized I dont get to hang with THPers today and Austin is just not the same.
These other stops we have coming up in a few months, have big shoes to fill with the way TX came together for this one.

Love seeing the pics guys, looks like everyone had a blast. JB and GG are awesome!

just read through the thread, sounds like a great time had by all

I was "cyber-less" all weekend so my 1st chance to drop in (too danged pooped last night).

First, it was terrific to meet JB and Morgan (and the pups). Kudos to you guys for providing a great event for us Texans :)

As for you other Texans... And Okies; it was a pleasure to meet and play with y'all. I should have stuck to screen names because once the real names came out I was hosed trying to keep them straight. And to the "new" gals Jamie and Molly - hope,to see and hear you in here soon and often.

Thanks to Morgan for letting me hit the Cobra driver... It was a needed illustration for me to see/feel the difference between a 25+ yr old driver and a "today" driver. It went straight as an arrow and a good 40 yds longer (in the air). Was impressed - very impressed.

And Cookie... Again, thanks to you for 1) getting me to my 1st vacationy happening in years 2) giving me the opportunity to meet all the THP gang 3) for the "closing act" of rescuing me after the rental car return disaster... I don't care what anybody says, you are forever down in my book as "a good man".

Pssst! Hey 3boysdad... Great day yesterday! I owe you a ball ;)

I really enjoy the pics, keep them coming if anyone has any more!

It looks like you all had way too much fun. Props to the Texans for making this a great event. Looking forward to Des Moines even more now.

Great pics cookie, looks like everyone had a blast out there.

Back