What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an R11s 5 wood, I've never hit a fairway so well in my life, I really love the distance and how easy it was to hit from the deck.

i also played 18 holes at the local links golf course, it was really fun but hard

I demoed the taylormade ATV for the first time too.

(almost said 'practiced my grip in my bedroom', but didn't want the thread getting out of hand!)

With a username like Armstrong, it would get away pretty quickly too lolol!

changed the spikes in my shoes to the new Champ Zarma's

Went last night after work to the putting green at a near by course to my house and worked on putting for an hour. After about 20 minutes of practicing with a gate, I was finding that I was pushing everything and that I was very open with my hips but square with my shoulders. I could see my line ok, but I was having a hard time getting the ball started on line. At that point i wasn't hitting anything. Its was time to tinker. First thing I did was narrow my stance and close my hips up. Seemed to help, but was still having a hard time getting the ball on line. It felt like my eyes are inside the ball and my hands felt low. I'v noticed over the last few rounds that most of my misses are low-sided and that the bottom of my putter, on the heal, has a little wear mark in the paint. Like I've been putting with the toe up and heal down and the heal has been dragging. Basicly flatting the lie angle. So I just completely changed my set-up. Moved alittle closer to the ball, narrowed up my feet, got the shaft more vertical, making the lie angle steeper and getting the toe down and heal up. This also in turn got my eyes more centered over the ball, making it easier to get the face square to target as confirmed by the RST in my SeeMore FGP. All the sudden I could see the line better, the face felt more square allowing for better contact and a SBST stroke. At this point I was still using the gates, (in case you don't know what I'm refering to it two tees stuck in the ground with just enough room for the putter pass through them, hit one and your putt is off line as the putter can't make clean contact) and decide to walk off my distance. Its about 5 and half paces, or 16 feet or so, once I started to become comfortable over the ball, I really got rolling. At one point I hit 7 putts in a row and 16 of 21. And finished 7 of 10.

I really haven't felt this comfortable over a putt in well over a month. Really since The Outing where I had 2 3-putts over 72 holes and had gone a span of almost 50 holes without a 3 putt before my first one of the weekend there. I think i was getting lazy and not paying attention to my form and stroke. But I really felt solid and compact over the putt with my new setup and I'm excited to put it in play. I may end up getting another FGP and having it bent upright by Seemore, but we'll see how this translates to the course with my current gamer.

Got all my clubs cleaned up for the first annual Hawk, jacob1, and possibly Jrod,Knox co.mike... Golf extravaganza!!!

I'm so thankful for this and want to share with you guys as most of my friends / co-workers don't really care for golf. My parents gave me for Father's day a 1 month membership to Doral and today I met with the membership director to sign some papers and get a tour. Its full access to the 5 golf courses, spa, gym, pools, etc... Starts July 1st and there's a daily rotation of the 5 courses for the members. Might have to call in sick when the Blue falls on a weekday... hehe. Surprisingly, the wife is being very supportive so a spa day or two for her is in the works. I still can't believe this is happening. So grateful for this experience. :D

I'm so thankful for this and want to share with you guys as most of my friends / co-workers don't really care for golf. My parents gave me for Father's day a 1 month membership to Doral and today I met with the membership director to sign some papers and get a tour. Its full access to the 5 golf courses, spa, gym, pools, etc... Starts July 1st and there's a daily rotation of the 5 courses for the members. Might have to call in sick when the Blue falls on a weekday... hehe. Surprisingly, the wife is being very supportive so a spa day or two for her is in the works. I still can't believe this is happening. So grateful for this experience. :D

I'd be sick for a month. That, is, awesome.

Hit thirty balls today and so far so good with the wrist. This weekend will be the true test.

Hit thirty balls today and so far so good with the wrist. This weekend will be the true test.

Seriously good to hear JRod. Don't push it too hard dude, know the limits.

Canes - that is freaking awesome man. If you were a teacher (or a student) you'd have the entire month!

JRod - that's good to hear as well.

I played 18 today. Haven't played in 10 days; started off bad but pulled it together to shoot 1 under on the back.

Thanks Jman & JConn. Not a teacher or student, but my boss knows and he's cool about extra vacation / personal days.

Went to the range tonight after it cooled off a little bit. Worked on my accuracy and little tweak with my swing. Seems to be helping with my accuracy.

That's probably one of the most excellent gifts I've heard of. I think I would be sick the entire month! enjoy.

Went to the range after work, a balmy 95 degrees. Spent the entire session just on wedges since my game on Saturday was a disaster thanks to my wedges abandoning me. The fix was simple. I had the ball a bit to far back in my stance. It's amazing how the little things in this game make such a huge difference.

Added an inch back to my Driver, then threw on a GP Tour Wrap grip on it.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Played 18 with a few friends.

Booked a fitting at the TM MATT lab next weekend.

Pulled a shaft, installed another.
Turned down some ferrules on wedges.

Also again talked myself out of a SM Sync Cart Bag.

Had my first lesson with a new pro, today. He's very good, but it was a little strange because it seemed like he tried to squeeze an hour's worth of information into a 45 minute lesson. Really high energy and non-stop movement. I was surprised that he saw very little out of line in my swing dynamics; we mostly worked on a grip change, and getting me set up a little lower instead of so upright. The dynamics he wanted to change should flow naturally from the new setup. Hit some great shots, but I felt a little cramped with my driver, like there wasn't enough room to actually swing the club though.....I'll work on it.

Funniest part of my lesson -- to me- was when we worked on some chip shots. I had already told him I was proud of my short game. So I took my sand wedge, and he told me to hit a low chip to this bag stand that was maybe 40 or 50 yards away. I don't have that shot. I could hit a high pitch that distance, or I could chip it there with a 9 iron, but a low chip with a sand wedge? We eventually sorted it out.

Filmed a video.

God, I hope it's received well.

Bent my J40s to 50 and 54 to match the 58* ATV I bought yesterday.
Also put new grip on Betti putter

Got my KBS Tour 90s in the mail, bought a Mashie F5, put my RBZ 3h in the marketplace.

Cleaning the weapons of grass destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back