Are you playing the right sized glove?

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After reading Shark's thread about grips and how important they are to the fitting process, do you feel the glove plays a similar role in the equipment arena? How do you like it to fit? Why? Synthetic or Leather?

If I wear a synthetic grip I'll wear a cadet M/L if it's cabretta I'll wear a cadet M. I like a snug fit

Yep, L works for me great. Nice and snug

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I used the Glove fitting tool they have at Golfsmith to make sure a glove is the right fit. Never knew a thing existed until I saw it there by the glove section.

I game a M/L size. Nice tight fit and is a ample size to Bridgeslap any lesser of an opponent.

I always try them on in the store to make sure the size fits on that model. But from all last year till now the only glove I've used is Visions glove and I order them 10 at a time. They stretch and are not leather. They fit so well and are comfy.

Well, I think I am playing the right sized glove. I wear the Medium in the Bridgestone E-Glove which is cabretta leather. Nice snug fit throughout, no extra material at the end of the fingers. Also like this glove because of the mesh material that is not only breathable but also stretches which allows for a better fit IMO than a glove that is leather throughout and does not have as much stretch.

I wear cadet medium in most styles, Nike is a medium. Love a snug fit through fingers and tight across the back of hand

FootJoys ladies med

X large, and unfortunately I only like to wear full cabretta. Synthetic gloves feel odd to me.

There are some makes/models that leave too much 'loose' material in the palm. A snug fit across the back and knuckles is my first concern, then i look for that 'loose' material in the palm.

I put my hand in a semi-closed position. Not quite all the way closed, like it would be on a clubs grip, but pretty close. Hard to explain exactly what I'm going for, but try it across a few of your own different gloves. Some seem to pull that material back towards the outside - others it all collects in the middle. Those that leave it in the middle are put back on the shelf.

My favorite gloves (as far as fit) are the FJ Spidr and Spidr2 and the TaylorMade Stratus.

large for me, typically try them out in the store before I buy

My favorite gloves (as far as fit) are the FJ Spidr and Spidr2 and the TaylorMade Stratus.

I too have these gloves as my fav. I am currently sporting a FJ Spider L and it fits wonderfully.

I wasn't until about 3 months ago when I reviewed a glove. Everybody made fun of the Large I had on in pictures for being too large for my girlish wrists. I honestly thought it fit fine, but I tried a fitting tool and found that a cadet Large was the right fit for me.

My range glove is a FJ that is very snug, too small actually. My gamer is a Hirzl that is too big. Wasn't happy about that at first but I really like it now.

I used the Glove fitting tool they have at Golfsmith to make sure a glove is the right fit. Never knew a thing existed until I saw it there by the glove section.

What is it? I've never heard of one.

Probably not I have fat hands and stubby fingers, not a lot of gloves fit right. The fingers are to long or they don't fit. FJ had a glove that fit me nice, can't remember the size anymore though.

I don't wear gloves most of the time now because of my oddball hand.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I usually wear a M which is a bit too big for me. S is usually too small though. I'm just a tweener.

I wear a cadet medium in almost all styles. It might be a little smaller than what the glove fitter suggests but I like my glove to fit tight so I get no wrinkles in the palm of the glove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably not I have fat hands and stubby fingers, not a lot of gloves fit right. The fingers are to long or they don't fit. FJ had a glove that fit me nice, can't remember the size anymore though.

I don't wear gloves most of the time now because of my oddball hand.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Try the Footjoy Sciflex in a cadet size. Once you find the size that fits your fingers, the mesh panel in the back should stretch to fit your palm area pretty well. I also have wide palms and short fingers. L-Cadet fits me better than any of the other gloves I have tried.

I wear the correct size, which is a ML.

Cadet Medium for me. I, too, like snug fits.

Try the Footjoy Sciflex in a cadet size. Once you find the size that fits your fingers, the mesh panel in the back should stretch to fit your palm area pretty well. I also have wide palms and short fingers. L-Cadet fits me better than any of the other gloves I have tried.

Thanks I'll check it out.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Back