THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

We just made it back to HQ and all we can say is what a day. First off. To Tadashi. You sir, are a rock star and we can once again see it comes from the genes, because your dad is too. You found an incredible venue, a great restaurant and worked hard to make sure everybody had a wonderful time.

To everybody that came out and played at the 1st THP Invitational...You guys are what makes us want to work hard. What a day. From the minute we arrived at Bear's Best, till the minute we said goodbye and hit the road, we saw nothing but smiles, laughter and joy and it is special.

To Bridgestone. Thank you for the event. Your generosity was incredible.

To Damaikis and ncrowe. You guys rock. Every time we pulled up to your group, it was fairways and greens and you earned that win. FIRST EVER CHAMPIONS in a great field. That will never be forgotten.

To my wonderful wife. You make these what they are. Your smile is infectious, your hard work is contagious and despite all of that, you will never get that house.

To everybody again. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is days like this that make it all worth it. We will see you all soon, and that is a promise.

We just made it back to HQ and all we can say is what a day. First off. To Tadashi. You sir, are a rock star and we can once again see it comes from the genes, because your dad is too. You found an incredible venue, a great restaurant and worked hard to make sure everybody had a wonderful time.

To everybody that came out and played at the 1st THP Invitational...You guys are what makes us want to work hard. What a day. From the minute we arrived at Bear's Best, till the minute we said goodbye and hit the road, we saw nothing but smiles, laughter and joy and it is special.

To Damaikis and ncrowe. You guys rock. Every time we pulled up to your group, it was fairways and greens and you earned that win. FIRST EVER CHAMPIONS in a great field. That will never be forgotten.

To my wonderful wife. You make these what they are. Your smile is infectious, your hard work is contagious and despite all of that, you will never get that house.

To everybody again. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is days like this that make it all worth it. We will see you all soon, and that is a promise.

I honestly can't put it any better than this, what an incredible day! And I still think I should get that house for my birthday, it's a big birthday next year. ; )

All joking aside, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for making the first ever THP Invitational a huge success!!

Had super day playing with Chewie, ATLgolfer and newbie JLS who was just an awesome guy. It took only a couple shots to get that first time THP anxiety out his system and he was a fairway seeker with that wood he was using. I hope I get to tee it up again with him.

ATLgolfer and Chewie were there usually charming selves. Luckily AT played from Gold tee to give the rest of us chance and that's all we had was a chance. He knocks the cover off the ball I get embarrassed for him hitting it so long and straight. This is also my official I.O.U. to ATLgolfer that I owe him a beverage for winning. Catch you during our next round.Chewie was my teamate and what a time we had. Thanks for letting me win one of my dollars back. He kept us in the running.

The dinner was equally great. Its always memorable to dine with fellow THPers. It was great seeing ChunkyLover today. I hadn't seen him in a couple years.

As a long time member it was great to see so many new faces getting involved with the Invitational. This being the first one is going to put pressure for the other locales to step up their game. Atlanta represented well. Thanks to THP HQ for making this possible and Freddie for organizing a truly enjoyable day at a stellar golf course. Thanks to Bridgestone for supplying balls and some fantastic head wear.

If you are anywhere near an Invitational event sign up and get there its well worth the t eeing it up with your fellow THPers. Congrats to the winners and enjoy the balls.

Safe travels back home to all.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Great recap jb, great to see all of this come together, the bar has been set high for next month!

Just to add to this, we have SO MANY great pictures from today that will be going up tomorrow.

Just to add to this, we have SO MANY great pictures from today that will be going up tomorrow.

I want to see some of those. You got some good shots today.

I had an absolute blast playing at the Invitational today. The course was fantastic, the weather was perfect, and a lot of THPers had a lot of fun. All in all, I think the course was the winner, but congrats to the youngsters for taking home the Bridgestones.

A huge thanks to JB and GG for setting up the event, and a tip of the cap to Tadasahi for pinning down the details. Well done to all.

I had the pleasure of playing with chewie, SMG and JLS. CPL and Johnboy joined us for a few holes when things got a little crowded. A great time was had by all. I realize that CPL and Johnboy are ridiculously long off of the tee. I smashed a few drives that were not even close to them. :act-up:

I was glad to put a couple extra dollars in chewie's pocket on two par 3s. I was sure that I won the last par three until SMG put it a couple inches closer. I was lobbying for a measurement, but it was too late in the day for an appeal.

I'm already looking forward to Invitational #2, along with getting a round or two in with some THPers beforehand. If you are able to make it to MB for the second invitational, or if you can make it to a future THP event, I highly recommend it. I have yet to see anyone not have a blast.

I had a great time today! Awesome round with ncrowe, JT, and OG. All great dudes and just a blast.

Thank you so much to JB and GG for organizing this one and thank you to Bridgestone for sponsoring it. The hats are great and I'm happy to get some of the best golf balls on the market!

I talked to JT today and it looks like we're all in for Invitational #2 at True Blue! I can't wait!

What a great day for Dam.
I think this lefty would be great for that SCOR wedge testing that was mentioned in the newsletter the other day.

Then maybe next time his PB round will be under par!

Congrats to Damaikis and ncrowe. Sounds like the first THP Invitational was a success!

Congrats on the history making win Damaikis and ncrowe! As always, sounds like a great time had by all and from the picture I saw, OG (correct me if I'm wrong) was so excited and moving so fast he was blurred.
Spoiler

y2u3u7u7.jpg

Looking forward to more recaps and pics!

Great recaps! Congrats to Dam and ncrowe on the win! Glad you can make it to the MB in December Dam. Looking forward to the next one!

Congrats on the history making win Damaikis and ncrowe! As always, sounds like a great time had by all and from the picture I saw, OG (correct me if I'm wrong) was so excited and moving so fast he was blurred.
Spoiler

y2u3u7u7.jpg

That's Dance Business I believe.

Spoiler

y2u3u7u7.jpg

haha Nope the guy moving so fast he looks like the Flash, was Dance :D. I'm the old dude behind him with the white shirt and cap.

Congrats on the win. I can't wait to see the coverage.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Can't wait to find out how it all played out today.
Video recaps please?
Love it when THPers come together...

I got video of our group & 6a group. First swings of the day. Will post tomorrow when I get home.

Simply an awesome day. A truly beautiful course that was in fantastic shape. Pace of play was kind of rough, but it would have been so much worse had the company not been so fantastic. Tadashi, Chunky, and Dhill are awesome people,and even though I had never personally met Ken or Derek, it was like we played together weekly. The Morgan Cup is better off having those three individuals amongst the participants.

One more time, I want to thank Freddie, Josh, and Morgan for taking the time and effort to put today together for us, as well as thanking Bridgestone for providing the hats and balls for all of us as well as the prizes for the winning team.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Well said. I ditto that!

Spoiler

y2u3u7u7.jpg

I am the blurry one! Had blurry eyes arriving & blurry now that I am on the road.

I had a blast. Meeting so many of you & putting faces with screenames.

Thanks again to cplstjohn for the shuttle service.
Thanks to ZENGER, Toad, & The Wanderer for great fun during the round.
JB,GG, Freddie & Bridgestone for a great outing.

Sent fromtheMEGABUS using Tapatalk 2

haha Nope the guy moving so fast he looks like the Flash, was Dance :D. I'm the old dude behind him with the white shirt and cap.

LOL, that makes sense, Dance flashing his moves for the cam. Haven't met you yet, but have a feeling you've got some fast moves yourself....hmmm KB?

Had an awesome time today. Had some great company with JeffSpicoli, V.Man and Gipper. I hit some good shots and some not so good shots. My dream of posting a personal best was dashed, and I turned in a ho-hum normal round, but it just didn't matter.

I think I met most everyone there - apologies if I missed you.

The course was fantastic! Freddie, Morgan and & JB really knocked it out the park. Dinner was excellent as well and enjoyed talking to Ken, JB, Morgan & Chris.

My travel budget is going to be in big trouble in the future. These things are addictive! I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a round of golf that much and had a group I enjoyed as much.

Had an amazing time today. I actually shot my worst score all year, but I had so much fun I didn't care. I had more fun watching Charlie shoot his PB then my actual game!! Congrats to you and Nate and enjoy the prize.

Thank you JB, GG and Freddie for putting this thing on a organizing it. It was truly a wonderful experience and I can't wait to get out to MB to play the second one.

Thank you everyone for being apart of this. I tried to talk to everyone as most I could. What can I say. I just love THP. Even when you have a truly horrible round, you still have so much fun. That's what's great about this place.

Home! Must sleep

Although I didn't get to play in the invitational, I did manage to stop by on my way back from Acworth in time to watch a few groups finishing up their round and had a nice dinner with the crowd. It was great to see a lot of my old friends and to meet some of the newer members. It was obvious that everyone had a great time.

Pondering going to the 2nd invitational next month in Myrtle Beach!

LOL, that makes sense, Dance flashing his moves for the cam. Haven't met you yet, but have a feeling you've got some fast moves yourself....hmmm KB?

Yup. Especially when I get a good shot of Geritol :D

Had an amazing time today. I actually shot my worst score all year, but I had so much fun I didn't care. I had more fun watching Charlie shoot his PB then my actual game!! Congrats to you and Nate and enjoy the prize.

Thank you JB, GG and Freddie for putting this thing on a organizing it. It was truly a wonderful experience and I can't wait to get out to MB to play the second one.

Thank you everyone for being apart of this. I tried to talk to everyone as most I could. What can I say. I just love THP. Even when you have a truly horrible round, you still have so much fun. That's what's great about this place.

I thought you hit the ball really well yesterday and you were bombing your driver, striping your hybrid & long/mid irons. Those pin placements yesterday took at least eight strokes off your score.

Although I didn't get to play in the invitational, I did manage to stop by on my way back from Acworth in time to watch a few groups finishing up their round and had a nice dinner with the crowd. It was great to see a lot of my old friends and to meet some of the newer members. It was obvious that everyone had a great time.

Pondering going to the 2nd invitational next month in Myrtle Beach!

I'm already looking forward to the MB invitational and you folks showing up would be icing on the cake, seeing old buddies is great along with the chance to meet some new friends.

I'm already looking forward to the MB invitational and you folks showing up would be icing on the cake, seeing old buddies is great along with the chance to meet some new friends.
I saw in the other thread that you are going to be able to make MB, I wish I could be over there but it does not fit in my schedule right now. I know you will have a blast, I met many great THPers for the first time and loved seeing lots of my friends. You just can't beat a day like that.

Well, it's morning after a long and rough day in ATL.
Was up at 5:30 to prep for the trip to Bear's Best and the greatest day of golf I've had since...well, since the last THP outing!
After almost 2 1/2 hours on the road, I pulled into the parking lot to a big group of familiar faces. It's always good to see my old buddies, and meet more new ones. My round wasn't great; one bird and only two pars. It was more fun to hang out with three guys that I would play with every day and enjoying the scenery and great course. The Wanderer is the greatest. And, he can flat out play, but considering I think I know where he gets his swing tips, it's not surprising. Zenger and that R11s w/ B.Asha....wow. It's been a while since I've seen shots that long. Dance, your attitude and laugh are infectious. And you have to post some of those pics of the wildlife you got after the round.
Dinner was good. Company was top notch. Alabama getting beat was 'interesting'. Got back on the road with a coffee in hand and finally got back home around 9:30PM. The last 1/2 hour was a tough one, though. Driving nearly 280 miles round trip, playing all day, over a 16 hour period, made for one looonnggg day of golf. But I can't think of anything better to do with a beautiful Saturday like we enjoyed.
JB, Morgan, Tadashi, you're the bestest! Can't wait until next time.

Our starting hole; no intimidation here. :bulgy-eyes:
CAM00342.jpg

Last edited:
Back