Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

All the stuff Callaway is putting out on these has me very intrigued to say the least. I haven't had a 3 wood in a long time but this might fill the gap this year.

What was your set up so if you didn't have a 3 wood???

I spoke to someone yesterday that tested this club last week. They were discussing the fairway wood vs what they have been playing. They said "It is the longest fairway wood I have ever tried out hands down". In fact he went so far as saying that he was hitting it "too far" and might have to adjust loft on it to fill a certain yardage he seeks.
Harry and Chad have been making those kind of comments on twitter leading up to yesterday so excited to see now if those statements hold up. Sounds like they are! This is exciting because the 3 wood is my go to club off the tee and for it to be longer is really exciting!

Is it bad that I might want this driver more than the Xtreme since it too comes in an 11.5 loft?

Also, they hype has bitten me, I want to see it for myself!

Is it bad that I might want this driver more than the Xtreme since it too comes in an 11.5 loft?

March 16th!

The sole and the general longness has the fairways on my mind for sure. I'd like to hear that driver.

March 16th!

You mean I can have one for DFW Invitational time?

Happy bday Amanda, I bought m...er...you a new driver and fairway! And remember I'm taking you to disney for a week right after this so don't kill me!!

I'm with you Hawk, I'm intrigued. I want to hit it and SEE if the hype is real for my own self.

Harry and Chad have been making those kind of comments on twitter leading up to yesterday so excited to see now if those statements hold up. Sounds like they are! This is exciting because the 3 wood is my go to club off the tee and for it to be longer is really exciting!

This is exactly what I'm thinking about too.

Does anyone have info on the shafts? Are they a particular Project X model? Are they a made for Callaway shaft, and if so which model do they most play like? When I google Project X shafts the first hit is for Royal Precision. But when I look at Callaway's spec sheet they come up as True Temper. What's going on there? Sorry for all the questions here but I'm a newby with these shafts, don't think I've even demo'd a club that had them much less played them. Thanks in advance for the help.

I spoke to someone yesterday that tested this club last week. They were discussing the fairway wood vs what they have been playing. They said "It is the longest fairway wood I have ever tried out hands down". In fact he went so far as saying that he was hitting it "too far" and might have to adjust loft on it to fill a certain yardage he seeks.

It will be interesting to see that if the fairway wood is indeed longer, does the driver generate more distance as well so that there is still a gap between the two. I seem to remember folks having that issue with the RBZs last year. I'll be looking very forward to your thoughts.

It really has me too. $100 less and staying with a 460cc model has really gotten me intrigued by the XHot. Very curious to hear if the stock "made for" shaft in the regular version is worth anything or if it is an instant replace like the Raxr Fit shaft was last year (at least for me). Lots of alternate shafts available though if one was to order from the Callaway website.

Does anyone have info on the shafts? Are they a particular Project X model? Are they a made for Callaway shaft, and if so which model do they most play like? When I google Project X shafts the first hit is for Royal Precision. But when I look at Callaway's spec sheet they come up as True Temper. What's going on there? Sorry for all the questions here but I'm a newby with these shafts, don't think I've even demo'd a club that had them much less played them. Thanks in advance for the help.

The way it read to me was that the shaft on the regular version was a made for, and the shaft on the Pro version was the real deal equivalent. Haven't done much reading up on the shaft itself.

It will be interesting to see that if the fairway wood is indeed longer, does the driver generate more distance as well so that there is still a gap between the two. I seem to remember folks having that issue with the RBZs last year. I'll be looking very forward to your thoughts.

That is a big question that I hope to test out this weekend AD.

Jeez...this is just getting better and better. I am really looking forward to JB's thoughts on the driver this weekend.

I want to hit the 11.5. I definitely do.

Based on what I am reading, your beloved loft my need to come down to maximize your ball flight?

4 wood has my mind.

From what I have read, the higher the loft, the more draw bias this driver is equipped with. You typically fight off a hook right? Could spell trouble.

I really want to hit the FW. I never buy a club before trying it but I'm close with this one.

Man i am so excited to see what Callaway is doing this year. I hope the results back up the hype.

The more I read up on the X-hot, the more I want the Driver and FW. I really like the looks as well.

Some of the feedback from this line is crazy. Makes me want to hit them HARD.

There are so many interesting choices ahead with the Nike Covert, Ping G25, Callaway X-Hot, TM RBZ releases. I am looking forward to JB's inputs!

No package as of yet, and we expected it today, so if it gets put off till Monday, it will not get tested until Tuesday or Wednesday unfortunately. Still hoping it arrives today for the round tomorrow.

Back