Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Don't really know how I feel about the driver. This seem to be geared more towards the beginning golfer with the price, and would compliment a new set of callaway x hots. I like callaway and I will definately try this one out, but do not have too high of expectations.

9 & 11 wood eh? Interesting... As someone who struggles with hybrids, that by itself has put these on my radar.

Perhaps I missed it but I don't really see or understand how the X Hot line supplements the Fit line. [Edit - I re-read much of the the release. Lots of talk about 'better players' and distance. I guess that leaves the Fit line for lesser skilled players who need the adjustability to find fairways. Makes some sense, but also denotes a certain negative connotation for that product line)].

While I'm maybe luke-warm on the driver the FW claims are intriguing. If it is true that we get 18 more yards then the new 3W would start to approach my current driver distances. I would be pretty open to gaming a long 3W, leaving the driver at home and maybe closing a gap at the top end of the bag with another FW or hybrid.

I think Callaway may have made a mistake releasing this on the same date at TMaG. But I also thought it was weird/wrong of TMaG to release all that stuff on one day, too. If you release 3 (?) golf balls, a driver and a fairway wood (did I miss anything) something (or things) or going to get lost in the mix. BTW, notice how Pings G25 is already almost an afterthought? Perhaps they should have rethought their release date too.

Really looking forward to trying these. As a high-handicapper it sounds like these may be even more suited to my game than the Razr Fit Xtreme, but it's going to be fun to try both and discuss advantages / disadvantages with Callaway.

The X-Hot just moved to top of the list. The longest hitters in the world are gaming it and added distance. That is scary!

The X-Hot just moved to top of the list. The longest hitters in the world are gaming it and added distance. That is scary!
There is something to be said about that statement. Very strong statement.

The same thing happened to me with the X Forged vs. the X-Hot Pro irons. I thought I was all but ready to order the X Forged then BOOM, check these X-Hot Pro irons out. Now I'm all confused. The only way to settle this is to go to the THP Texas Invitational sponsored by Callaway and hit it all!

Perhaps I missed it but I don't really see or understand how the X Hot line supplements the Fit line. [Edit - I re-read much of the the release. Lots of talk about 'better players' and distance. I guess that leaves the Fit line for lesser skilled players who need the adjustability to find fairways. Makes some sense, but also denotes a certain negative connotation for that product line)].

While I'm maybe luke-warm on the driver the FW claims are intriguing. If it is true that we get 18 more yards then the new 3W would start to approach my current driver distances. I would be pretty open to gaming a long 3W, leaving the driver at home and maybe closing a gap at the top end of the bag with another FW or hybrid.

I think Callaway may have made a mistake releasing this on the same date at TMaG. But I also thought it was weird/wrong of TMaG to release all that stuff on one day, too. If you release 3 (?) golf balls, a driver and a fairway wood (did I miss anything) something (or things) or going to get lost in the mix. BTW, notice how Pings G25 is already almost an afterthought? Perhaps they should have rethought their release date too.
I don't think either line is geared to one particular player. Just like drug companies that create meds for one disease ADM find out it is good for others. Callaway introduced two drivers and some of the bigs gravitated toward the Xhot.

As for releasing the same time, I really see no issue with it. Fans of both will gravitate toward one or the other. Ping is far from an after thought.

I freaking love this video:

[video=youtube;-_ip5YxUhmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ip5YxUhmQ[/video]

Gotta love the little PlayerPrance there.

Thanks for sharing that Ary.....I love GP...I wish I could spend a day talking to him and listening to him tell stories. What an amazing person.

The same thing happened to me with the X Forged vs. the X-Hot Pro irons. I thought I was all but ready to order the X Forged then BOOM, check these X-Hot Pro irons out. Now I'm all confused. The only way to settle this is to go to the THP Texas Invitational sponsored by Callaway and hit it all!
yeah man, Texas show down with some Callaway love in the bag

Give me half of GP's knowledge and I'll be all set.

These are looking alright but not catching my attention as much as other offerings this year from other companies and callaway!

What is the difference between the XHot and the Razr Fit Xtreme? (Apart from $100)

I am thinking about Harry's comments from the webcast where he said that Callaway was trying to eliminate customer confusion about its products. It's not working for me right now.

What is the difference between the XHot and the Razr Fit Xtreme? (Apart from $100)

I am thinking about Harry's comments from the webcast where he said that Callaway was trying to eliminate customer confusion about its products. It's not working for me right now.

Different drivers. Adjustability factor for one as there are not the two movable weights in this one. I think the two line company is here to stay. For instance outside of $100 what is the big difference between the RBZ and R11S. One would say "further adjustability" and shaft. I think the same applies here.

Different drivers. Adjustability factor for one as there are not the two movable weights in this one. I think the two line company is here to stay. For instance outside of $100 what is the big difference between the RBZ and R11S. One would say "further adjustability" and shaft. I think the same applies here.

JB, do you think the length factor will be the same for both drivers? Callaway is making the claim in being longer now but is that with the X Hot or the Xtreme....or both?

JB, do you think the length factor will be the same for both drivers? Callaway is making the claim in being longer now but is that with the X Hot or the Xtreme....or both?

That has been interesting since the Xtreme was introduced with the #longestdriveringolf promo. But now it seems the X Hot is being pushed as the LONG option. In reality it will probably come down to what fits you, since the Xtreme is the lowest spinning of the bunch, with the X Hot Pro falling between the Xtreme and X Hot in spin.

I think its both. I think the company has found something that they are working with that they believe will create longer drivers (distance wise). If they are right, there are going to be a whole lot of happy golfers. So far based on the feedback I have seen with the Xtreme, they might be. We will see how it goes with this model, but I cannot wait to try it out. Hopefully VERY soon.

I want to hit the 11.5. I definitely do.

That has been interesting since the Xtreme was introduced with the #longestdriveringolf promo. But now it seems the X Hot is being pushed as the LONG option. In reality it will probably come down to what fits you, since the Xtreme is the lowest spinning of the bunch, with the X Hot Pro falling between the Xtreme and X Hot in spin.

That is where I am getting confused. The #LongestDriverInGolf twitter promotion made it seem like the Razr Fit Xtreme was the bomber, but now the XHot is seeming taking over that role.

I do understand the additional adjustability in the Razr Fit Xtreme, and I also see the comparison with the RBZ and R11. Are there better shaft options for the Razr Fit Xtreme as well? I think that was another difference between the RBZ and R11 if I remember correctly.

Either way, I'm looking forward to trying these out.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a very popular driver

That is where I am getting confused. The #LongestDriverInGolf twitter promotion made it seem like the Razr Fit Xtreme was the bomber, but now the XHot is seeming taking over that role.

I do understand the additional adjustability in the Razr Fit Xtreme, and I also see the comparison with the RBZ and R11. Are there better shaft options for the Razr Fit Xtreme as well? I think that was another difference between the RBZ and R11 if I remember correctly.

Either way, I'm looking forward to trying these out.

I was a bit confused at first too. But after going back and reading the press releases for both it makes more sense. The claims on Fit are that it is the longest adjustable driver. The claims on XHot are that it is the longest (no qualifier); the release also uses a term like 'for the better player' in reference to this club. So if you don't have any problems hitting it straight (i.e., you are a better player) XHot is for you. But if you need a little assistance from adjustability to find the short grass then you want the Fit. Either way you get the allegedly longest club, either in class (adjustable) or overall. At least that's the way it reads to me.

I was a bit confused at first too. But after going back and reading the press releases for both it makes more sense. The claims on Fit are that it is the longest adjustable driver. The claims on XHot are that it is the longest (no qualifier); the release also uses a term like 'for the better player' in reference to this club. So if you don't have any problems hitting it straight (i.e., you are a better player) XHot is for you. But if you need a little assistance from adjustability to find the short grass then you want the Fit. Either way you get the allegedly longest club, either in class (adjustable) or overall. At least that's the way it reads to me.

I think you have gotten confused somewhere along the way. The X hot is the most forgiving of the bunch and gets the ball up the quickest. The X Hot Pro and RF Xtreme are for the better player.

Back