Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I like how they incorporated the adjustable feature in this one. I feel like Callaway has always had a big and little brother driver. I think this one could potential end that line of thought. The fairway wood line certainly has my attention already.

Sort of what I was getting at. It always seemed like the other driver was ignored by Tour staff and I think that hurts the credibility of the product (whether right or wrong). In addition, the lower price point of the RAZR Black, while nice, sort of devalued the line. I just didn't see it as an equal to the Fit, even though it was pretty well liked by those that hit it.

Sort of what I was getting at. It always seemed like the other driver was ignored by Tour staff and I think that hurts the credibility of the product (whether right or wrong). In addition, the lower price point of the RAZR Black, while nice, sort of devalued the line. I just didn't see it as an equal to the Fit, even though it was pretty well liked by those that hit it.

When Chunky and I hit them both in FL last year we both liked the Razr Black better at that point in time. You are right about the price point though. While it was a nice break to the consumer, in the back of my mind I would be thinking that I did not get as much of a driver.

When Chunky and I hit them both in FL last year we both liked the Razr Black better at that point in time. You are right about the price point though. While it was a nice break to the consumer, in the back of my mind I would be thinking that I did not get as much of a driver.

We've seen the same thing with golf balls recently.

I like it alot. The driver looks really hot. Definitely need to try it out.

Indeed. I really do want to place hands on that fairway wood.

I am a big fan of the looks, and am wondering how many of the FW will be available to leftys. I didn't notice it mentioned in the article.

Josh do you know if those 11 woods will be made for LH?

The looks are okay for me. Just meh. I am interested in the new PX shaft that will come stock though.

I am a big fan of the looks, and am wondering how many of the FW will be available to leftys. I didn't notice it mentioned in the article.

While I do not know...I'm guessing that we won't be getting the 11 woods. I'd be VERY surprised if all of the lofts were available to us lefties...just seems to be par for the course.

Would like to see Callaway make a strong run at being the top dog again, I just can't get on board with the Taylor Made offerings. If I wasn't in love with my i20's, I would have already preordered those X Forged irons.

I don't buddy. But I will find out for you.

I don't buddy. But I will find out for you.

Much appreciated. For some reason I have always hit FWs better than hybrids, and it is so difficult to find anything more than a 5W in LH. I cannot wait to hit all of this new stuff

Here's the spec list from the Callaway website, showing RH/LH availability (doesn't look like the 11 wood is LH available).

Callaway.jpg

While I do not know...I'm guessing that we won't be getting the 11 woods. I'd be VERY surprised if all of the lofts were available to us lefties...just seems to be par for the course.

All of the info in available on Callaway's website right now: http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/.../fairway-woods/x-hot-fairway-woods/specs.html

If you don't want to go to the link, here is the lefty availability: 15, 19, 21 degrees in the X Hot fairway woods, only the 15 in the X Hot Pro fairway woods.

Just when I think the Xtreme is my cup of tea this beast comes crawling out of the cave! Guess there is just going to be one thing to do......try 'em both out! Love what Callaway is doing this year!

The woods here really, really are intriguing me. An 11W? Interesting.

What is everybody's thoughts on the release coming the same day as the big launch from TM? Throwback to the time when the PGA Show had all the news, perfect timing because people are paying attention to clubs today or something that will get overshadowed?

I personally like it. After listening to your interview with Harry a month or so ago, it really sounded like this was what they had in mind. Show the other big boys that callaway is here to stay and not just compete but come out on top and be a major brand for the years to come.

I think they have done a great job so far by being active in the social media front as well and hyping up their products and then backing that up and putting out some clubs that flat out perform. I am looking forward to this year and hitting all the new offerings but I know that Callaway really has caught my eye and its pretty likely that I will be playing a full bag.

What is everybody's thoughts on the release coming the same day as the big launch from TM? Throwback to the time when the PGA Show had all the news, perfect timing because people are paying attention to clubs today or something that will get overshadowed?
Just my thoughts here; But, announcing on the same day is kind of surprising to me. Following along on twitter and other places, there is a TON of TMaG talk, and some mentions of Cally stuff.

Thanks Ad and Ary!
At least the 7 wood is available. I could see it in my future for sure

TapaTalk from the iPhone

That 7 and 9 wood has caught my attention. I have been looking for a 4 hybrid and that just might fill the bill.

Just sent a buddy of mine a note to come check out the review on this. He'll be all over this line in no time.

I really like the looks of this one. I also really like that Callaway once again offers a great option outside of the Razr Fit or in this years case the Razr Fit Xtreme. The X-Hot takes it a step further with having the adjustablity as well. I hope tons of people get out and check this one out. I thought the Razr X Black was a solid offering last year that nobody even bothered to try in my opinion. Callaway continues to step it up though!

Bit surprising to me. While I appreciate where Callaway is heading with their new offerings, going head to head with TM on a release date is not very smart IMO.

First impression is the design looks a bit cheap, or mid-range. May look better in person.

My thoughts as well. I'm a little under whelmed by the looks.

Is this the replacement for the Razr X black line? It looks like it would be from the tiered strategy. The differences seem to be:
- All TI head vs TI/Composite (give me the composite personally)
- Deeper face than the Black? Hopefully as the Black was just too shallow for my tastes.
- Adjustability: Clear step forward
- Back to the Project X shafts (like the Octane)

Personally, I thought the X Black was the best looking driver on the market last year. It just didn't agree with my swing between the long shaft and the shallow head.

Bit surprising to me. While I appreciate where Callaway is heading with their new offerings, going head to head with TM on a release date is not very smart IMO.

From a wow factor, this seems like the X hot is being set up a bit like a sacrificial lamb. I suspect the driver won't generate a ton of buzz initially, but the FWs will probably be quite strong. I could be wrong though.

Back