2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope we play the format where you win a hole you take a club from your opponents bag... then bingo bango bongo, and singles! most epic MC ever doesn't get much more serious competition that that right there folks!

LOL Tiger Woods Career Mode FTW!

i hope we play the format where you win a hole you take a club from your opponents bag... then bingo bango bongo, and singles! most epic MC ever doesn't get much more serious competition that that right there folks!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.... but alas I doubt it is the right one.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.... but alas I doubt it is the right one.

and knowing JB i bet most of our guesses aren't right either! haha

hahahaha bingo bango bongo, the worst format ever created. Awesome. That would be a total game changer.

While I truly appreciated being in the first group out last year on Saturday morning, I really wouldn't mind being there and going off later so I could watch groups tee off while sweating out the nerves.

#noshanks

much easier and yes, very enjoyable seeing everyone tee off before you. #LastEveryRoundMC2

Formats are coming later this week.

bonus!

Formats? All kinds of pondering going on in this Captains head!

lies...

hahahaha bingo bango bongo, the worst format ever created. Awesome. That would be a total game changer.

i'd almost be fighting for second place in that format with mike dean the king of BBB on your team! i am excited to find out what the formats will be lots to pick from that for sure.

I love how JB mentions formats and the place goes crazy!

I'm eager to find out what the decisions are. I loved the format in the past but I agree that change is good.

I'm eager to find out what the decisions are. I loved the format in the past but I agree that change is good.

I'd like to see Sunday singles stay as well as scramble

If it wasn't for format talk or shipping update posts, this thread would be all but dead haha!

Grip it and rip it fellas!

If it wasn't for format talk or shipping update posts, this thread would be all but dead haha!

Grip it and rip it fellas!
Don't necessarily agree with that as a lot of equipment and decision making has been discussed but I get your point.

I'd like to see Sunday singles stay as well as scramble

I agree with that buddy!

I just think scramble as the first round helps ease everyone into the experience and gives everybody a chance to hit plenty of shots....and then we gotta have singles for Sunday.

Don't necessarily agree with that as a lot of equipment and decision making has been discussed but I get your point.

It has and I wasn't taking away from any of that. Still been following like a hawk! Its obviously easier for an outsider to not get as excited for new gear and format talk when it doesn't effect us. We want pics and Paradise victories is all :D.

All kidding aside, I am honored to be a MC supporter and think every person has been bringing like nobodies business!

I agree with that buddy!

I just think scramble as the first round helps ease everyone into the experience and gives everybody a chance to hit plenty of shots....and then we gotta have singles for Sunday.

Completely agree. Makes the first round a little more relaxed

This was right around the time I went into my 60 days out get fit campaign for the MCs.
Guys, I think many from the previous years will tell you, 36 holes in that heat and humidity is very difficult.
If you are not in shape for it, you are doing your team a disservice as the back 9 of the last 18 is extremely difficult on you.
Many guys had struggles finishing the rounds due to being either in pain or out of shape and had not experienced 36 holes in this kind of weather with the mental fatigue that goes with it. Do yourself a favor and work hard the last 2 months to get into the best shape you can. You will be happy you did.

True that. The second nine on the Sunday round was extremely tough on me.

This was right around the time I went into my 60 days out get fit campaign for the MCs.
Guys, I think many from the previous years will tell you, 36 holes in that heat and humidity is very difficult.
If you are not in shape for it, you are doing your team a disservice as the back 9 of the last 18 is extremely difficult on you.
Many guys had struggles finishing the rounds due to being either in pain or out of shape and had not experienced 36 holes in this kind of weather with the mental fatigue that goes with it. Do yourself a favor and work hard the last 2 months to get into the best shape you can. You will be happy you did.

Last year was also the first time i ever played 36. It really took it out of me. People have to remember to eat/drink as well. If your not eating it's very easy for tiredness to catch up on you

Nice point JB. I feel like I'm an athletic, mostly in shape guy and the second 18s at the Outing were telling for me. I'd play decent in the morning and then just get a little sloppy in the afternoon rounds. I'm not sure if it was mental or physical, but it definitely showed in my game. I think it also had to do with the fact that those rounds were less serious and more "for fun" than anything so I wasn't as focused.

Ok, so I am a little behind. Work has been crazy, but I just put in my hybrid order as follows:

Head Chosen – XHot
Dexterity - LH
Loft – 22* and 25* (that is 4 and 5 hybrid for you kids scoring at home)
Grip - Stock
Length - Standard
Shaft – Stock Stiff Graphite

Time for me to start playing some weekend 36 hole matches.

Nice point JB. I feel like I'm an athletic, mostly in shape guy and the second 18s at the Outing were telling for me. I'd play decent in the morning and then just get a little sloppy in the afternoon rounds. I'm not sure if it was mental or physical, but it definitely showed in my game. I think it also had to do with the fact that those rounds were less serious and more "for fun" than anything so I wasn't as focused.

I agree. I have always been athletic and the 2nd 18 was like nothing I had ever gone through before. People were dead and those that were not in shape (Im not singling anybody out) did not fare all that well after round 1.

I agree. I have always been athletic and the 2nd 18 was like nothing I had ever gone through before. People were dead and those that were not in shape (Im not singling anybody out) did not fare all that well after round 1.
The humidity before and after the rain was downright brutal. I wasnt even playing golf and I was worn out.

Formats are coming later this week.

I like seeing that. Can't wait to see what is in store for us.

Finishing the 36 was not an issue for me last year. I actually think I finished pretty strong that day. Sunday singles on the other hand, I had almost nothing left in the tank and it showed in my performance.

i always fared pretty well when playing 36 even down in orlando the past 2 years but i know the weather in Myrtle will be brutal and getting in better shape and taking care of myself when down there will be important.

The humidity before and after the rain was downright brutal. I wasnt even playing golf and I was worn out.

QFT, and there is no reason to think it will be any less humid this year.

The rain was brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back