Auburn Athlete Plays Real Life Grand Theft Auto

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously?

Say hi to Zachary Burgess, a freshman lacrosse player at Auburn. Zach was in Baton Rouge for the big Auburn-LSU game this weekend, when he decided to have a little fun.

Around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning, according to Baton Rouge police, Burgess hopped in the open cab of an idling truck outside a bar, not realizing or not caring that there was a woman in the passenger's seat. He tried to speed off with the woman along for the ride, but ended up ramming into nine different parked cars before the woman was able to jump to safety.

Burgess has been charged with nine counts of hit and run, theft of a motor vehicle, and simple kidnapping. He had a damn good excuse for his actions, though:

During questioning Burgess allegedly told an officer that he “wanted to see what it was really like to play the video game Grand Theft Auto.”

http://deadspin.com/lacrosse-player...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Oh lord

facepalm_by_narutofangirl202-d55m8bp.png

Wow...pure stupidity gone to seed...as my Mom would say. SMH

wow..........

I would say he was just playing chicken.......and won 9 times.

We, as a society are doomed. If this guy is any indication of our future generations, we will breed ourselves into oblivion.

And people say cheap reality TV shows are corrupting society...

What a moron.

How soon till they announce drugs were involved along with alcohol?

It's ok, mommy and daddy will bail him out of this and many other mishaps

Best thread title ever

My favourite part is when people blame video games for this and not parenting.

Dude, he said that is what he was doing

Just when you thought people couldn't get dumber..

Well, War Damn Eagle!

Every day Auburn gives me another reason why they are my #2 favorite SEC school!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I blame Cam.

Eagle War?

That's probably what he was screaming as he was hitting those cars.

What an idiot!

Sounds like a typical night in Baton Rouge, actually.

Also, to call him an Auburn athlete is a far fetched. It's a club team. Dude basically plays glorified intramural

Sounds like a typical night in Baton Rouge, actually.

Also, to call him an Auburn athlete is a far fetched. It's a club team. Dude basically plays glorified intramural

Simmer down killer. Just rolled with the Deadspin theme which was linked in the post.

Wait until the owner of the truck gets sued

And these are the future leaders of America.....WOW

Back