The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah dude that's a nice haul! From what I remember a family friend said, those watches (Belair) are like $300 and up if they are real. I think that'll buy a few pairs of golf shoes.

Ya you should be able to get three or four pairs of shoes. That's a nice watch and depending on specific model they're going for around $300 on eBay

Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure it's the real thing. It was put up by the local jewelry store here in town, so I would hope it wouldn't be a fake!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure it's the real thing. It was put up by the local jewelry store here in town, so I would hope it wouldn't be a fake!

You might want to take it back to said jewelry store and see if they would be willing to buy it back if you are looking for a quick sale, you might not get quite as much but I know quite a few donators that will do that up this way.

So happy for you Doug. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm in Seattle without friends and family but you guys and my family have made sure today was special. I'm so fortunate to have true friends and a loving family. This, my 43rd birthday, has been very special.

Thank you

I'm in Seattle without friends and family but you guys and my family have made sure today was special. I'm so fortunate to have true friends and a loving family. This, my 43rd birthday, has been very special.

Thank you
I have a feeling this will be you tonight;

Adelaide+Panda+Funi+Celebrates+First+Australian+JyCWVIfIqnGx.jpg

43? Holy crap Freddie. You're aging quite nicely there sir.

Thank you

Dang Freddie I thought you were only in your thirties. You and Doug BOTH have some calves too!

JM

I honestly wasn't sure if i was gonna post anything on the forum about it and a very few people even know about whats been going on with me for the last month but the more i thought about it and the more i realized that THP is a family and i've gotten some really awesome support from a few members that know whats been going on so i decided to make a post and i honestly wasn't sure where to post it and i don't think it needed its own thread but i got some pretty good news today and i'm pretty happy about it because its been a very difficult month for me...... i should prob start from the beginning. i'm not exactly sure of the exact date but i know it was about a month before the outing i found a lump on my one testicle... it wasn't painful or anything but with a heavy family history with cancer i probably should have gotten it checked out right away... when it comes down to why i didn't go right away, i think i really thought it was going to be the worst, i was really scared and i didn't want to miss out on so many amazing THP events like the invitationals,outing,MC and VEGAS, even though i know i could have backed out and not had any problems with THP for doing so.....BUT i still put it off, about the time right before the MC rolled around i started getting pain from there and it was very sensitive when i was being active, golfing or running or playing hockey, but i still didn't want to miss vegas so again i put it off but i made a promise that i would go get it checked after i got home from vegas since i didn't have any more trips planned for the year.... i know it was really stupid to put it off and i should have gone right away but i really did have a lot of things planned this year with a lot of traveling and i just didn't want to miss anything because if i would need surgery or something that would keep me from going to so many things. And this year was one of the best years of my life i never travel and i really went crazy this year and golfed all over the country.... Plus keeping busy really kept my mind off of it. Anyway after Vegas it was time to face the music and i made an Appt to see my Family Dr. she agreed there was def a lump there and with my family's history i went to get an ultra sound about 2 weeks ago. My Dr got the results the same day and the Dr wanted me to go see the Urologist ASAP, there were a few things she thought it could be and after the ultra sound she pretty much made it seem like it could have been a tumor. So for the last 2 weeks i've had that hanging over me and its honestly been really hard to think about and with everything up in the air and not knowing what was going to happen, trust me nothing Google searches told me were something that i thought would be anything enjoyable for my future after finding out what the urologist had to say today, but i actually got pretty good news. I don't have a tumor so its not cancer, i won't get into everything that he said but theres actually 2 small problems neither of which are currently going to require surgery at this time, i have to try some lifestyle changes to help manage the pain and if that doesn't work i might have to have a surgery to fix it down the road but i couldn't be happier after knowing its not cancer and i don't currently need any surgery. Anyway like i said i chose not to tell many people but the support i got from my friends from here that did know whats been going on was truly amazing and i'm very happy to have such amazing friends that i made through this site. This place truly is special and a family atmosphere...

I'm sorry i haven't been as active lately but thats pretty much been the main reason why, i hope to start getting back to the normal grind again and that def includes spending more time on THP!

Focus on the positives though Buck. No C word.

That is a serious HHJJ right there Buck and so happy for you and the news!

I'm glad your boys aren't going to get chopped off Buck, even happier is not cancer.

That is actually great news Buck.
You and I share something about just "dealing with it" rather than getting things checked and you have encouraged me in the past and again here to not "deal with it" and go get professional help.

Its good news and my thoughts are with you. Good things happen to good people and you are one of the good ones.

Focus on the positives though Buck. No C word.

yeah i'm def positive after today buddy, it really put me in a bad place for a little while, its nice to feel like i can move past it and hopefully not need any surgery down the road and if i do at least it seems like an easy out patient procedure.

Good to see things coming around for you Buck and I'm sure you're happy the boys are alright.

Get all better bro and do what you gotta do to fix it!

That's scary stuff, Buck. Glad it is on the good end of things. I hope it all works out.

Really good news Buck.

yeah i'm def positive after today buddy, it really put me in a bad place for a little while, its nice to feel like i can move past it and hopefully not need any surgery down the road and if i do at least it seems like an easy out patient procedure.

Outpatient isn't too bad. Inconvenient obviously, but the fear of Bucklaw after them will make sure you're in good hands

My HHJJ for today is just being a member here. Today was an amazing day for THP. An amazing event sold out in ONE SECOND. that's crazy! And the announcement of Bridgestone coming back for MC14' was an added bonus. So many cool testing and events and get togethers going on here and I feel lucky to be a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back