Adams Speedline Tech Driver Preview

That shaft looks sick in the black head.

Yea man. The whole thing looks pretty awesome. Black grip, RUL shaft, and then the blacked out head. The headcover even looks cool.

Not to get too far off line here, but can I ask why everybody seems to love this shaft? I have used it on 3 occasions and while it was good, it was definitely not great for me. It felt "okay to good" and that was about it.

Not to get too far off line here, but can I ask why everybody seems to love this shaft? I have used it on 3 occasions and while it was good, it was definitely not great for me. It felt "okay to good" and that was about it.

As someone who hits it higher, I thought the RUL was fantastic. It's a true mid launch/mid spin shaft, which can be good for quite a few people.

That shaft looks sick in the black head.

Agreed, its a very good looking set up. I think Adams did well with the looks of this one,

Yea man. The whole thing looks pretty awesome. Black grip, RUL shaft, and then the blacked out head. The headcover even looks cool.

Sorry if I missed it Hawk but what grip did it come with? Is it the same Adams Tour Velvet'ish grip like the Fast12 had?

And do you think this club will be adopted by long knockers everywhere?

Agreed, its a very good looking set up. I think Adams did well with the looks of this one,

Sorry if I missed it Hawk but what grip did it come with? Is it the same Adams Tour Velvet'ish grip like the Fast12 had?

And do you think this club will be adopted by long knockers everywhere?

It is the same grip, which is one of the things I actually liked about the Fast 12.

As for the last thing, I expect that there will definitely be a specific market out there that eats this club up. I'm looking for more information online to see if it's offered with a variety of shafts.

It is the same grip, which is one of the things I actually liked about the Fast 12.

As for the last thing, I expect that there will definitely be a specific market out there that eats this club up. I'm looking for more information online to see if it's offered with a variety of shafts.

I like that Adams grip too, a little softer but not too soft and plain looking. Nothing too fancy or weird going on with it.

They were really boasting this is a driver for all handicaps. I wonder if that will prove to be true.

Hawk you said the misses you saw were to the right, was it the typical miss or something more severe?

There isn't anything I've noticed that would really refute that so far, Frank. I'll get an idea of forgiveness as I hit it more. The shaft seems to be pretty user friendly from everything I've read as opposed to something like they put in the CMB's.

Hawk you said the misses you saw were to the right, was it the typical miss or something more severe?

Tough to say since I wasn't hitting my gamer side-by-side. I did put a couple way over there, but that seems to be my miss right now. I will say that I hit my driver earlier in the day on the course and wasn't really missing quite as severely. That could have just been a coincidence though.

I will admit that I dont know a great deal about this shaft, but the initial results I saw on the range for me were quite telling. The fact that I was able to get a 9* driver up in the air with a medium high ball flight impressed me.

Looks decent but that shaft is what really brings it together for me. After being in love with the iron side of Adams, I'm very hesitant to try any of their drivers or FW's for some reason. Good luck with the review.

Same here Yoccos! Never have really "clicked" wih any woods I have tried from Adams... I would like to, as I am an Adams fan...

Same here Yoccos! Never have really "clicked" wih any woods I have tried from Adams... I would like to, as I am an Adams fan...

I'm actually the exact same way.

Tough to say since I wasn't hitting my gamer side-by-side. I did put a couple way over there, but that seems to be my miss right now. I will say that I hit my driver earlier in the day on the course and wasn't really missing quite as severely. That could have just been a coincidence though.

Got ya, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the CG being positioned closer to the hosel idea. That is making me wonder if it might be some type of draw bias or if it even has an impact at all. Sheer mechanics wise it would seem it would make it more right to left biased.

Thanks for the video btw, it didn't sound to awful but then again I did play a Nike for a while.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do think it sounds better in that video than in person, but it's hard to capture driver sound sometimes.

I think the first setting I'll try is the upright one. That might promote a little more height and a draw.

How the crap did I miss this???

Good stuff Hawk. That looks WAY nicer in your pics than those I've seen in magazines and around the web.

Great to know its not just a shaft change tech and it will adjusts even if just a handful of settings.

Adams has gotten me more and more curious with their recent releases, this really is no different for me. I do like that the sound isn't as harsh as the old Nike's though, that was a gosh awful racket they made.

I look forward to more thoughts man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Caught this thread via google and I am luving what I am seeing, so much so I have dumped some money into this baby with the RUL 54. I looked at the Ping Anser and I think, based on what I am seeing, this Adams head is a far better deal tech wise. Plus, this would be more affordable than the Ping with no discount.

I did ask about the RUL 60 and it's a $160 upgrade, too steep for me and at that price, I would have gone to a Eclipse or something else anyway.

Anyhow, keep posting - enjoying this read, thanks all!

Not sure why so many are excited about a shaft that may or may not fit them. It's a stock shaft, people. Doesn't matter if it's the "real deal" or not. Makes a little more sense to get properly fitted by an independent clubmaker who has access to all the shafts and understands a little bit about tempo, release, transition, spin loft, etc. Pardon my rant.

Head looks very nice. Extremely similar to the 9064LS from the address view. As to the claim about 54% more accuracy on off center hits....that would be a huge BS...unless they're comparing it to a Persimmon driver. The Truth In Advertising act in the US stipulates that you only have to produce the result your seeking ONE time so you can imagine all of the scenarios where they're "testing" and magically end up with a "marketable result". Nobody can make the face hotter than it has been for the past 10 years. Nobody can make the size large than 460cc like it has been for the past 10 years. Nobody can make the MOI over 5900. In other words, your 7 year old R580 Dual is just as long as your R11s. Sorry about that.

With all that said, I can't wait to try it! :banana: Doubt it'll knock the F12LS Accra Tour ZL Limited out of the bag, but hopefully the adapters will work between the two models as I have over 40 of the LS adapters shafted up. I also like that they have a 12* option. Hard to optimize guys who have a steep angle of attack or swing sub 85mph into a 10.5*

Cool looking driver. I like the cosmetics of the head, but the shape is a little funky to me. Never been a fan of that sort of head shape.

For me, its all about the head, far less than the shaft. I quite like the scallop look, has some Formula One "meaness" to it, jmo.

However, I am not fussed about the shaft, I've not hit the RUL 54 before so this will be interesting for me, when it is in the x-flex. The head reminds me of my L4V-X with the carbon fibre look (or so it seems) and the RUL, I suspect, should be have similar to the Miyazaki C Kua 43s that I have in my 3 woods in terms of lightness and should (I pray) be able to handle my load. Presently, my RBZ Tour has an Eclipse 60X in it and if the RUL doesn't work out, I'll BST it and throw in the Eclipse.

The head is what actually got me hook-line & sinker and I ordered it at the 8.5. Been sometime now since I ordered any head < 9* (last one was a G15 7.5 but that was a pre-release head and so ubber low spin, it practically had NONE even with a Fubuki Tour in it). Also, I like the fact that it's changeable ala TM FCT. Only b*tch is that I now have 2 shafting systems to keep in my bags, ugh.

Head looks very nice. Extremely similar to the 9064LS from the address view. As to the claim about 54% more accuracy on off center hits....that would be a huge BS...unless they're comparing it to a Persimmon driver. The Truth In Advertising act in the US stipulates that you only have to produce the result your seeking ONE time so you can imagine all of the scenarios where they're "testing" and magically end up with a "marketable result". Nobody can make the face hotter than it has been for the past 10 years. Nobody can make the size large than 460cc like it has been for the past 10 years. Nobody can make the MOI over 5900. In other words, your 7 year old R580 Dual is just as long as your R11s. Sorry about that.

Not necessarily. While all that is true, shaping, weighting and spin differentials all play a role. A larger face can be done. A deeper face can be done. Less depth can be done. More or less perimeter weighting can be done. Overall weight can be done.

Lets try not to completely diminish the work that R&D does. While caps have been put on and do restrain, to think that differences don't exist is just not accurate.

How the crap did I miss this???

Good stuff Hawk. That looks WAY nicer in your pics than those I've seen in magazines and around the web.

Great to know its not just a shaft change tech and it will adjusts even if just a handful of settings.

Adams has gotten me more and more curious with their recent releases, this really is no different for me. I do like that the sound isn't as harsh as the old Nike's though, that was a gosh awful racket they made.

I look forward to more thoughts man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be out on the course with it tonight for at least nine holes, so hope to have something up later this evening. I'll try to play the back nine as it has a more driver friendly layout.

Nice! Caught this thread via google and I am luving what I am seeing, so much so I have dumped some money into this baby with the RUL 54. I looked at the Ping Anser and I think, based on what I am seeing, this Adams head is a far better deal tech wise. Plus, this would be more affordable than the Ping with no discount.

I did ask about the RUL 60 and it's a $160 upgrade, too steep for me and at that price, I would have gone to a Eclipse or something else anyway.

Anyhow, keep posting - enjoying this read, thanks all!

Welcome to THP! I hope you'll stop back and share your thoughts after it arrives..

Geez, I somehow overlooked this thread as well. Nice photos Hawk, I think this is really a sharp looking club with a nice head cover also. I also liked how the adjustments are clearly labeled as to help avoid confusion.

Must sound quite a bit different in person as it was not bad at all on that video. Staying tuned....

Yeah, this one slipped past my radar too! I don't have any experience with Adams drivers at all, and I guess I just skipped over it. Looking forward to getting some feedback on this though, after following along with the Fast 12 testing.

Back