Atlanta, GA - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Sligo

Sweet. I'll be there at 7:30 as well.

My brother and I will see you guys there.

Yes, play fast. On my way. If anyone wants to go off sooner I'm down

Courtesy of Freddie. The "Wee Lad" is sleepy:

y9use5e8.jpg

He should just curl up in the cup holder

Guys, hate I have to back out, but a sick baby all weekend has led to an exhausted wife. Combined with the weather forecast, I'm headed back to Charlotte this morning.

I had a blast all weekend and hate to miss you guys this morning!

You guys have fun out there today and safe travels home :thumb:

What a great day yesterday was, it began at 4 a.m. for me as I woke up and just could not go back to sleep, too excited to be with all of the great ATL THPers for an entire day. I picked up Miller Time and we headed out. MT was a little nervous about attending his first THP invitational but I assured him that he was going to have a great time and he would really enjoy his round as he was paired with smooth swinging CPLJohnst, needless to say Barry and Josh meshed really well and became our newest THP HOFers. Congratulations to both of my friends, I am very proud and happy for you both.

When we arrived at the course the first thing we saw was the THP van with Josh and Morgan already set up waiting for all of the arrivals, Ellie was peeking out of the window trying to see everyone too. I always love this time as there are lots of hello's, hand shakes, hugs and introductions, everyone one is excited and the energy is awesome.

I was paired with TahoeDust (Dustin) whom I had not met before and it was a great pleasure to share the day with my new friend. He and I will tee it up again, he lives in Tallahassee which is where my sister lives. I have no one to tee it up with when I visit her but that has been changed forever, I look forward to our getting together on a course soon. Dustin was a understandably a little tight on the first tee and got off to a rocky first hole but on the second hole away from the crowd he bombed his tee shot and was off and running to a fun day of golf.

Our playing partners were One-T & Ole Gray (Jaret & Bill) who most here know was one awesome pair of THPers to be with for 18 holes. Jarret put on a display of awesome recovery shots and bombed tee shots, it was a lot of fun listening to his comments about his scrambling abilities. Bill is a close friend and I always enjoy being with him on and off the course, it was obvious to me that he was playing in pain but he never complained or let on how badly it was hurting him.

Thank you to all three guys for putting up with this old man and making this one of my favorite all time rounds ever. I enjoyed seeing everyone, old friends and new and already look forward to our next get together.

Josh and I headed over to Taco Mac after the round to enjoy supper and hang out with everyone for a few hours before the long ride home, I got home a little after 11 p.m. tired and ready to just hit the bed but as tired as I was I would not have missed any possible minutes with my friends. What a great bunch of folks.

Thank you again Josh, Morgan and Freddie for organizing this event and a special thanks to Sligo for sponsoring. As great as 2013 has been I can't imagine what 2014 holds for us.

I got him back for that photo. Might even keep getting him back the rest of the trip home

Guys, hate I have to back out, but a sick baby all weekend has led to an exhausted wife. Combined with the weather forecast, I'm headed back to Charlotte this morning.

Safe travels buddy.

What a great day yesterday was, it began at 4 a.m. for me as I woke up and just could not go back to sleep, too excited to be with all of the great ATL THPers for an entire day. I picked up Miller Time and we headed out. MT was a little nervous about attending his first THP invitational but I assured him that he was going to have a great time and he would really enjoy his round as he was paired with smooth swinging CPLJohnst, needless to say Barry and Josh meshed really well and became our newest THP HOFers. Congratulations to both of my friends, I am very proud and happy for you both.

When we arrived at the course the first thing we saw was the THP van with Josh and Morgan already set up waiting for all of the arrivals, Ellie was peeking out of the window trying to see everyone too. I always love this time as there are lots of hello's, hand shakes, hugs and introductions, everyone one is excited and the energy is awesome.

I was paired with TahoeDust (Dustin) whom I had not met before and it was a great pleasure to share the day with my new friend. He and I will tee it up again, he lives in Tallahassee which is where my sister lives. I have no one to tee it up with when I visit her but that has been changed forever, I look forward to our getting together on a course soon. Dustin was a understandably a little tight on the first tee and got off to a rocky first hole but on the second hole away from the crowd he bombed his tee shot and was off and running to a fun day of golf.

Our playing partners were One-T & Ole Gray (Jaret & Bill) who most here know was one awesome pair of THPers to be with for 18 holes. Jarret put on a display of awesome recovery shots and bombed tee shots, it was a lot of fun listening to his comments about his scrambling abilities. Bill is a close friend and I always enjoy being with him on and off the course, it was obvious to me that he was playing in pain but he never complained or let on how badly it was hurting him.

Thank you to all three guys for putting up with this old man and making this one of my favorite all time rounds ever. I enjoyed seeing everyone, old friends and new and already look forward to our next get together.

Josh and I headed over to Taco Mac after the round to enjoy supper and hang out with everyone for a few hours before the long ride home, I got home a little after 11 p.m. tired and ready to just hit the bed but as tired as I was I would not have missed any possible minutes with my friends. What a great bunch of folks.

Thank you again Josh, Morgan and Freddie for organizing this event and a special thanks to Sligo for sponsoring. As great as 2013 has been I can't imagine what 2014 holds for us.

You can take that silly avatar off your profile now partner. Good job however now the Dawg needs to come back!

Sorry you have to miss the golf but safe travels!

Congrats cpljohnst and Miller Time!

Last edited:
At the gate waiting for my flight. To say I am going to miss all of you is an understatement. Thank you Josh, Morgan, and Freddie for an amazing weekend. I will write something up later to attempt to express what this weekend meant to me but I doubt it will do it justice.

I hope it involves you using me as a ball and/or club cleaner when you were on the greens.

I hope it involves you using me as a ball and/or club cleaner when you were on the greens.

You will be a big/small part of it. Haha I almost left an apology note for the cleaning lady for the smell you left in there. You need a doctor.

I have no idea what you're referring to haha

I have no idea what you're referring to haha

I bet poor Freddy knows exactly what I am talking about. And so does Dan, Greg Dan, JT, Kevin, Jeremy, Barry...etc etc etc

Congrats to Miller Time and cpljohnst! It was great seeing all of the crazy pictures from this one...I know you all had a lot of fun. #Jealous

So jealous of everyone who got to have a great great time in Atlanta! Miss all of you!

Apologies to my partners on the Sunday round, I slept through the alarm this AM and just woke up a few minutes ago. I'm blaming Ward for the noxious fumes I had to breathe in last night. The US gov't could use him for chemical warfare.

I'll post a recap of Saturday at some point in the future. Everyone travel safe!

Safe travels to all

Thank you again to everyone for another amazing weekend! To those traveling home today, safe travels!!

You guys too!

Everyone, safe travels home! Was fantastic to meet everyone Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got him back for that photo. Might even keep getting him back the rest of the trip home

Oh no. Poor Freddie.

tapt

Back