Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Jman did you ever hit the Great Big Bertha when it was released? It was the new kid in the block and had characteristic no other driver had. I think the Xhot is '14 NKOTB.

I think i still have my one somewhere. Great driver

My buddy butch has one and its great it just goes no where

It would be cool to see a Great Big Bertha tested against the XHot to show how far technology has come

So, Joe and Freddie have already had a good chuckle at me via text about this (and I even told them incorrectly looking back at it), so I'll bring it here for everyone.

As I mentioned I've been coming up heel side a good bit recently, well, I perhaps figured out why.

Normally I ALWAYS swing-weight my drivers/woods after changing the shaft, well, I didn't this time. Why is this pertinent? Well, because when it finally hit me and I did it after posting my thought and thinking about it with the head weight difference in my 11.5 Fit and the 11.5 Xhot (200 to 187)....swing weight came in at C1. Yes, C1. No, I'm not lying. Stock is D3, HUGE difference and explains why I was having to REALLY focus on feeling the head in my swing. As Freddie said to me, I really should be in a D3-E1 range and I always check my clubs to be D3/D4. So, we're now doing a lead tape experiment. I'll save you the pic's, but you can surely visualize it.

It'll be a good test and I'm betting its night and day for me, just from swinging in the yard now I can TRULY feel the head again. Its what I get for skipping necessary steps/checks!

I have seen the pics. It is a unique looking sole.

No idea how I missed this thread but I thought the superfast 2.0 came out like two years ago?

Callaway is taking this war thing a bit far.

No idea how I missed this thread but I thought the superfast 2.0 came out like two years ago?

Callaway is taking this war thing a bit far.
Comaring it to that tin can is doing it a major disservice!
Q8 swing weight.
YES! Hits balls AND you get a shoulder workout.

YES! Hits balls AND you get a shoulder workout.

Just get the club moving in the right direction. That much weight, the ball should just explode

Just get the club moving in the right direction. That much weight, the ball should just explode

Or I dislocate my elbows, either way.... HA!

So, as mentioned before I've been a bit, "tight lipped" about my time with the Xhot in the bag. I assure you this was unintentional, I've just had the bulk of my focus on other clubs for the sake of the frontpage.

Anyways, I'll throw this out there immediately. I freaking LOVE the sound of this driver on the screws. I also love the fact that I get enough audible tone change to tell when I'm a little inside (which has been a LOT lately, swing, not the club) or out on the toe. But, to me this is what I want every driver to sound like for the rest of my life (this or the Xtreme), Callaway just "gets it" when it comes to acoustics and I really wish more companies would take note of what a difference a good sound makes to consumers.

Forgiveness? Its there heel to toe for me for sure, I've been battling some swing demons and when I catch it WAY heel side I certainly lose some distance, but the ball is still pretty dang straight which is a great thing. I really get that feeling of the ball just melting into the face and then off like a rocket with this one. The R&D has blown my little mind.

I am teeing it a bit lower with this than I was my Fit(s) and in all honestly it reminds me a LOT of my old 4DX Evolver...I mean a LOT...that's a great compliment too. Distance wise, its there for me with the B.Asha plugged in, on the sweetspot the ball just goes. I'm seeing a bit higher 11.5 flight than my Razr Fit 11.5, but not in a bad way and it is a bit longer for me. Most importantly, It feels more forgiving to me than my Fit was.

I will admit that I am going to toy with some lead tape on the sole this week as I'm not feeling the head through my swing as much as I would like. But, I'm different than most in that regard (its why I liked the Fit so much, the head was a bit heavier and I even added one of the heavier weights to up it 4 grams more) as a bit more weight lets me feel the face through the swing and really helps me keep my tempo. That's not a knock on the Xhot, its just a little fine tuning for me personally.

So far, I'm pleased as can be with the buy. Yes, I do still want to hit the Xtreme, but it will take quite the feat to move this one out of the bag for me this season, especially with the shaft combo I've got in it.

Callaway really did #bringit with this one.

Thanks for the shared experience JMan.

Why is there SOO much difference in swingweight? Is that Miyazaki extremely heavy? Did you shorten it? Which shaft did you pull from OEM, the regular flex?

Thanks for the shared experience JMan.

Why is there SOO much difference in swingweight? Is that Miyazaki extremely heavy? Did you shorten it? Which shaft did you pull from OEM, the regular flex?

No problem, I've enjoyed it immensely even with the swing weight issues so I'm really excited about this week and getting out again.

Lighter shaft, 57g to 49g. Shorter shaft, 46" to 44.75". Heavier grip on my B.Asha. Lighter head than the one the B.Asha came from, 187g to 200g. It is STOCK a D3 SW, but all of those things are HUGE factors that bring that down.

Its all on me for not checking it when I made the change, its something I usually ALWAYS do with every club when I alter something. Explains my misses, its night and day swinging it right now, I honestly think I'll unleash bombs this week since I can feel the head now.

After playing the front nine with this one today, it is safe to say that this may be the best sounding driver on the market today for my ears. Very Classic like with just solid feel at impact.

After playing the front nine with this one today, it is safe to say that this may be the best sounding driver on the market today for my ears. Very Classic like with just solid feel at impact.
And you were hitting some absolute bombs with this thing today too.

How was the dispersion for you Josh? I witnessed first hand this turn a relatively spread out LM into a pretty tight dispersion for a certain someone yesterday, wondering if you experienced the same!

Very well said, to me you could really feel when you hit it well, compared to the classic for example

How was the dispersion for you Josh? I witnessed first hand this turn a relatively spread out LM into a pretty tight dispersion for a certain someone yesterday, wondering if you experienced the same!

Yeah certainly tighter than a certain taylormade driver I hit

I agree on the sound, I really do.

And you were hitting some absolute bombs with this thing today too.

Early on, yes (like carrying that bunker on 1), then we met up with slowy mcslowerson and his 3 merry friends.

On the range today and the 1st few holes it was incredible. When the waiting on the tee started, it was pretty bad. Not a fault of the club though in my opinion.

On the range today and the 1st few holes it was incredible. When the waiting on the tee started, it was pretty bad. Not a fault of the club though in my opinion.

Very cool. The way many are speaking about it, I really look forward to checking this one out. Seems like it's a pure fairway finder.

Early on, yes (like carrying that bunker on 1), then we met up with slowy mcslowerson and his 3 merry friends.

That first tee shot was a monster, absolutely crushed. Hole #4, Par 4 was also a freaking blast.

"Is that bunker in play?"
"Nah, it's like 270 out there."
"Did that just fly it?"
"Yep"

That first tee shot was a monster, absolutely crushed. Hole #4, Par 4 was also a freaking blast.

"Is that bunker in play?"
"Nah, it's like 270 out there."
"Did that just fly it?"
"Yep"

Now that's awesome.

Back