Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't believe that JB and GG and the THP van were in my backyard and I missed them. Damned opening day tournament or I would have been at the Georgia Outing and enjoyed all of that. I will see them in May though!

It was great meeting everyone today. So glad that I stumbled across this website. I'm already looking forward to the next outing.

The outing was awesome. SeeMoreGuy really went overboard getting everything organized and getting us prizes and everything. I play River Pines about once a month, because it is close, but I have never really cared for the course that much. Today, I had so much fun that I even thought the course was pretty good (and even though I shot 5 strokes over my handicap). Freshly aerated greens are no fun, but that's the breaks.

JB and GG: Really impressed that y'all would drive all the way up there only to turn around and drive to Fort Lauderdale. We barely even got introduced, but I was really happy to finally meet you. BTW, please let us know how long it took to drive to Fort Lauderdale; we have one last prize riding on whoever guessed the closest!

It was an awesome day with everyone. KellyBo and I rode around between groups checking up on everyone and really enjoyed watching everyone. We only stayed for 9 holes but next time the two ladies are definitely playing!

SeeMore REALLY knocked it out of the park with the planning with the contests, the prizes at dinner, and all the hard work he did made this a excellent day.

It was so nice to meet everyone I haven't met before and I really look forward to playing with you again.

SMG, thank you very much for your efforts! I look forward to teeing it up with you again soon.

The course was in really good shape today. The greens had been punched a week or two ago, so you just deal, as it is that time of year in GA, and you will get it everywhere. T0AD and I golfed with ATL Golfer, and Mark Random today, and had a great time. This is what THP is all about...getting together with old friends and making new friends. It amazes me everytime I tee it up with a THPer that I have not met before, that you still feel like you know each other and already have a common bond. It was great to meet eveyone today, and it was very col of JB and GG to drive up to say hi to everyone.

Man, what an awesome day you lucky folks had today, JB and GG and the THP van to start the day. Great golf weather and great people to play with. And then if I read right, Dreamland ribs to cap it off. Wow. Why oh why, did we have to have guest this weekend of all weekends? Glad everyone had a great time.

THP Tour Van Heads to Georgia!

THP Tour Van Heads to Georgia!

Thanks so much to SeeMoreGuy for putting together one whale of an event! This guy knows how to get er done :clapp:. The icing on the cake was when we pulled into the parking lot and their was the THP Tour Van :bananadance:!!! It was so good to see JB, GG Ellie, & Duke in their beautiful new Tour Van :thumb::thankyou: for coming up our way and making all our days that much better. I got to play golf with Lefty78, Mikey, & Rusty today and once again I met some outstanding folks who come together for the love of the game to share in a good time. Lefty has some serious game and I enjoyed watching him take the course on. Rusty played well too and Mikey and myself just went on in the woodshed and took out licking :beat-up:. Thanks to MaryC & KellyBo for taking plenty of good pics and enjoying the day with us. They will be playing next time out.

Last edited:
I ready to see those pics Kelly ;) haha

Today was great day thanks to all the THPers who attended. A very special thanks to JB and GG for bringing the THP Tour Van to Atlanta. I can't wait for other THP members to see this person. It was quite shocking when I first saw it and didn't believe what I seeing at first. But here it was just like pictures. The inside of this ride is so tricked its not funny.

The round today went well and I believe all had a great time. I paired myself with JT, Lance and his buddy CJ. Each one of these guys could flat out play and hitting the long drive was a show in and of itself.i should have been up two sets of tees to keep up. Lances draw is something to see. The youthful energy of JT just disgusting for an old dog like me. Kidding. He is a nice young man with a solid game. I think he shot Par today and Lance was probably one or two behind.

It was great to meet the folks I did not play with. Everyone was top shelf. Lefty Chewie ATLGolfer Omikey MarkRandom would be fun to hang out with. We should plan a round soon most are in Atlanta.

Dinner went well with some fun conversation and inside scoop about Dreamland from Rusty. It was good seeing OG KB MaryC Rusty and TOAD again. The cookies were incredible again Mary. THANKS!
All in all a terrific day of golf, friendship and fun. Looking forward to when we can all tee it up again.

Thanks for coming folks you made this a huge success.

SeeMoreGuy

TapAhoy!

Oh by the way the contest winners were:

Closest to the Pin winner: RUSTY. He won one dozen Wilson Duo Golf Balls.

Longest Drive winner: JT723. He won one dozen Wilson Duo Golf Balls.

MaryC won the best guess for box of tees and received all 308 of them.

Chewie won best guess for the number of golf balls stuffed in glass bowl.

Congrats to all the contest winners.

TapAhoy!

Oh by the way the contest winners were:

Closest to the Pin winner: RUSTY. He won one dozen Wilson Duo Golf Balls.

Longest Drive winner: JT723. He won one dozen Wilson Duo Golf Balls.

MaryC won the best guess for box of tees and received all 308 of them.

Chewie won best guess for the number of golf balls stuffed in glass bowl.

Congrats to all the contest winners.

TapAhoy!

hehehe not surprised by this :angel:

I ready to see those pics Kelly ;) haha

I took the pics on T0ad's camera so he will have to post them. I do have a few videos but I will be posting them tomorrow when I'm rested.

It was so good to get out of the house and do something fun. I really appreciate MaryC taking good care of me today. She gave up her fun day of golf just to hang out with me and I appreciated it so much! I got to see one of her courses she plays (we had lunch there), check out her apartment and meet her adorable cat.

Being able to see the THP Tour Van up close and personal was so neat. It really is a beauty. JB & Morgan came a long way for us and it was so good to see them. I loved the looks of surprise on everyone's face and almost everyone had the same reaction and choice of words. It was really funny. I love the idea of THP being on the road.

Of course, I fell in love with the dogs and asked JB & Morgan for a little help in convincing OG that we should get a dog. Before I knew it, creative JB had OG convinced that they didn't adopt Duke for themselves, but instead adopted him for us and were bringing him to us as a surprise. OG fell for the story hook, line and sinker. He talked privately to me outside the van and asked me if JB was serious about the dog. I told him yes but I wouldn't force it on him if he didn't want it. He then said "Well the dog is really sweet, has short hair, is kind of old and settled, so I guess you can have him." I was really in disbelief that he fell for the story and even agreed to take him. Too bad Morgan was not letting her baby boy go anywhere because he is ADORABLE. I guess this means I can start my search for a dog now! Woohoo!

It was so good to see everyone today and meet some new THPers! SeeMoreGuy did an exceptional job organizing this get together. I nominated him to organize the fall one too. The number of GA members is really growing. I can't wait to PLAY at the next one.

KB - that is absolutely hilarious about Duke! Guess you have permission to go looking for your mate at the pound tomorrow! :D

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

Awesome pics! But we need captions, who's who, etc... :D

Awesome pics! But we need captions, who's who, etc... :D
Agree, but I can't remember everyone's real-to-screen names. I'm hoping everyone will jump in and do it for their pics.:bulgy-eyes:

What a great day! Perfect weather, good golf course and terrific people to play with, thank you to all who were there and especially SeeMoreGuy. He went out of his way to make it a special day for us and we really appreciate it. And a special thanks to JB and GG for making the journey north, if only to turn around and head back. It's funny, I drove into the parking lot about 8:00 and see the RV and thinking there is something familiar about it. I drove around the lot, parked, opened the back of my Tahoe to change shoes then it dawned on me. I walked over and stepped in ... folks, that place is NICE.

It was really nice to see Kelly out and about.

Riverpines will be really nice when the grass grows in, nice layout and although our group didn't bring it to it's knees, we did have a good time. Everyone had some memorable shots and even a few good shots. Russel, Mike, and Bill are genuinely nice folks who enjoy golf. I was lucky to be in their company today. It was interesting, OG and myself in the same cart, him hitting the big ole right handed hook and me hooking from the lefty side. We pretty much saw both sides of the course but not so much of the middle. Mary's cookies...delish

Again, thanks to all who took part in a great day.

Omikey I sent you a PM last night. Shoot me on back that you received.

TapAhoy!

Omikey I sent you a PM last night. Shoot me on back that you received.

TapAhoy!

You guys have a great time today at Chateau Elan :blob:!

I didn't have time to get on last night, but I just wanted to take a quick minute to say what an awesome time I had at the outing yesterday. SeeMoreGuy really did a great job putting this thing together and I was fortunate enough to be paired in his group; what a great guy! I also got to play with JT who has got some serious game and it was fun to watch in person. Everything about the day was perfect and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I was also very impressed with the course and it's definitely a place that I will be going back to. I hate that I can't join you today at the Woodlands (it's literally in my backyard) but you guys will have a great time and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the course after you finish up.

I'm in the Green Fowler shirt and White pants and Visor if anyone is wondering.

Here are a few more pics that I pulled from video

O'mikey

Chris

Seemore

JT

Lance

Ole Gray

Lefty on tee with O'mikey, Ole Gray, and Rusty

Adwillingham and his son stopped by to see the Tour Van and say hello to everyone

JB telling Ole Gray the story about Duke really being for us

Rusty, Lance and Chris checking out the THP tour van

Seemore can't believe it!

Duke and Ellie greeting everyone

Now that looks like a heck of a time. Thanks for the pics, great to see some faces even if I don't know the names.

Back