NFL Lockout Thread

CFL is in a lockout too?

Who do you root for?

I root for the MooseJaw Bushwackers! They are a scrappy bunch but are often found curling on the 55 yard line.

I root for the MooseJaw Bushwackers! They are a scrappy bunch but are often found curling on the 55 yard line.

These guys? hehehe

bushwhackers2.jpg

I think about 10 teams will have the same idea for Asomugha.

They really just need to get this deal done, it never should have taken this long. The NBA is going to show them what a real lockout is, I don't think that league will play a game in 2011-2012.

But there's only one Dallas Cowboys.

I hope Dallas spends half their cap on that corner. That's always a good move. Do they ever draft a good player, or find a street free agent? Who's the GM of that motley group?

Kevin

I am going to skim the hell out of this thread with this question.

The class-action lawsuit that was filed with Brady, Manning, Brees, and the others is holding up the deal. It's just that idiot receiver fron San Diego and Logan Mankins correct? Brady and Manning aren't really doing anything to slow the CBA down correct?

prolly lolz prolly cuz prolly lol

The owners have approved the new deal 31-0 and now we just wait on the players! I can't believe we might have to wait for them to re-certify as a union though for this. I mean, before the lockout happened they had all the paper work ready to decertify, so when I time came it was a really quick move, then when it comes time to recertify, and they had at least a week to get ready for this, its "oh well this could take some time." Bull poop, recertify and lets play some football.

tired of the non stop updates on sportscenter, I mean how many times can they keep repeating themselves

Nnamdi Asomugha. welcome to Dallas. Terrence Newman youre fired.

Who's gonna play the other side, Jenkins? I think Newman still has some value if nothing else in the nickel and dime packages.

when the players vote on this does that mean Bridges will be coming back to the forum?

Who's gonna play the other side, Jenkins? I think Newman still has some value if nothing else in the nickel and dime packages.

They would have to drop Newman if they signed Asomugha. Jenkins was terrible last year but he was very good 2 years ago.

when the players vote on this does that mean Bridges will be coming back to the forum?

I think that may be one of the final negotiating points. The players aren't sure what the implications of Bridges being back means to the bottom line.

Bridges being back is huge. I mean 100 posts a day huge.

They would have to drop Newman if they signed Asomugha. Jenkins was terrible last year but he was very good 2 years ago.

Yeah in his rookie year Jenkins had the look of being a true shut down corner, last year he struggled bad.

The owners have approved the new deal 31-0 and now we just wait on the players! I can't believe we might have to wait for them to re-certify as a union though for this. I mean, before the lockout happened they had all the paper work ready to decertify, so when I time came it was a really quick move, then when it comes time to recertify, and they had at least a week to get ready for this, its "oh well this could take some time." Bull poop, recertify and lets play some football.

What's this we crap, you bumbling Canadian? There's no real football in Canada.

Kevin

I have spoken to quite a few old colleagues today and they say that this could be done as of today or very close. Not a whole lot separating owners and players right now.

When it gets announced, expect some HUGE moves. 5-7 teams are going to really struggle to get to that 120 cap number.
Rookie wage is done. That will be in the new deal.

Did I hear you used to be with the redskins? Just curious didn't real know much about your background.

I love fantasy football though, any chance there's a spot this year? Sounds like last year was a blast.

If there are any spots in the FF I would also be interested! Is it first come first serve or do the people in last year get first say?

Asomugha is going to the Eagles. The money will be close enough to whatever the highest offer will be, and they have the best shot to win a title out of any team with him at corner. And this is before they possibly add Bush, trade Kolb (rumors are to SF for their 7th pick, or Arizona for DRC), and continue to upgrade the team.

Back