The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My freshman year roommate in college was on the track team. Every year, their entire team went out to the track late one night and ran the "Miracle Mile". 4 laps around the track was a mile....but you had to drink a beer after every lap. It sounds easy because it's only 4 beers, but add running as fast as you can into that and it became a pretty ugly situation for some people.

On a completely different note, I have a little bit of a crush on Rachel Bilson, which only got better after she did this (warning, NSFW language): http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d31d8fc05d/call-me-doctor-with-rachel-bilson

I was just thinking something similar, only mine was that I'm not going to let my daughters go away to college, wtc?!?!

They used to hang signs in Morgantown each August - "Don't worry fathers, you're are leaving your daughters in good hands"

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

I bet Dunny played rugby.

He did, and he was very, very good. His preference was Rugby League, which is far faster and bigger hitting than Rugby Union (what you see on TV here). Now, purists will argue with me about that but I've played both and League is much more fun. He was a large dude. One of my best friends over there. He and his wife came over for Foster's 1st bday.

He did, and he was very, very good. His preference was Rugby League, which is far faster and bigger hitting than Rugby Union (what you see on TV here). Now, purists will argue with me about that but I've played both and League is much more fun. He was a large dude. One of my best friends over there. He and his wife came over for Foster's 1st bday.
I knew it! Ruggers are nuts in every way.

Ah, so this would be a more extreme version of a power hour? I've completed the 60 shots of beer in 60 minutes when I was in college, but didn't try the century.

Sure you will. You'll be young and dumb like the rest of us were.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

I don't think so. I just don't enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to for some reason. Maybe I'll change.

Dude, you don't have to do it. We had a fully operational bar in our dorm, staffed by students. It's just part of the culture down there. After finals your lecturer would take the class out for beers.

That does sound pretty cool though. I may experience something like it if I go to school down there, which I think is pretty likely.

Im a member of that club. Twice. Once with Coors light and once with a draft cider. Draft cider was the worst mistake I have ever made. I made it, but regretted it for days. That was over 15 years ago. Thank goodness I am older and wiser now.

A cider?! That just sounds absolutely terrible. Sweet cider or dry?

Power hour is a good way to practice your stamina for century club. I usually got bored and had to pee halfway thru so I'd quit. Definitely can't pound it or you regret it about 20 minutes in.

I knew it! Ruggers are nuts 9in every way.

The funniest thing is, he was there to study Economics and his dream was to be an accountant, LOL

Man, those were the days. We were wild. I ran around with a group of 8 of us. We loved to drink and fight and we did it a lot.

The funniest thing is, he was there to study Economics and his dream was to be an accountant, LOL

Man, those were the days. We were wild. I ran around with a group of 8 of us. We loved to drink and fight and we did it a lot.
I definitely would have needed to carry a helmet around in case I ran into you guys late at night.

I definitely would have needed to carry a helmet around in case I ran into you guys late at night.

Nah buddy, you've hung out with me, we just had fun. Never started crap, but we certainly didn't take any. You should see late night Thursday and Saturday nights bro. From 3am-5am you couldn't walk anywhere without seeing a scuffle or something. It's just the way it was.

Jake doesnt need the helmet for fighting, just for getting drunk and falling over.
Nah buddy, you've hung out with me, we just had fun. Never started crap, but we certainly didn't take any. You should see late night Thursday and Saturday nights bro. From 3am-5am you couldn't walk anywhere without seeing a scuffle or something. It's just the way it was.

I learned years ago to never fight with Aussies.

I learned years ago to never fight with Aussies.

hahaha, I bet. I use to get all my weed from Canadian's, LOL

They just like to drink and talk crap. I've never met a people that talk more crap than Aussies.

With all the talk about haircuts last night, I decided to stop and get one after work. Haircut, hot towel massage, hot shave + a beer. Nice finish to a stressful day.

We used to play a dice game called Mexican. A liars dice game. People would play it bars and if you lost you had to chug a 7 oz. tapper. We would play it vodka cocktails and chug them. Go through a tankard of vodka with four people in an hour or two. My buddy would go through these periods where he would get these red blotches all over his face and arms. We'd play cocktail pong like that, too, with whiskey, vodka, or god forbid, gin. Or we'd go out and drink a shot of rail tequila for every two beers.

Crazy. Was fun, though. I think.

Kevin

We used to play a dice game called Mexican. A liars dice game. People would play it bars and if you lost you had to chug a 7 oz. tapper. We would play it vodka cocktails and chug them. Go through a tankard of vodka with four people in an hour or two. My buddy would go through these periods where he would get these red blotches all over his face and arms. We'd play cocktail pong like that, too, with whiskey, vodka, or god forbid, gin. Or we'd go out and drink a shot of rail tequila for every two beers.

Crazy. Was fun, though. I think.

Kevin

We would've gotten in a lot of trouble.

Ever played a game called Blitzkreig? Mix of beer pong and flip cup.

hahaha, I bet. I use to get all my weed from Canadian's, LOL

They just like to drink and talk crap. I've never met a people that talk more crap than Aussies.

That sounds like both Canadians and Aussies. W.E I'm jealous man that sounds awesome

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually knowing how well we get along I would have been right there with you bro. I used to love finding my way into scuffles after a good bender! It was never my fault either, usually just people who didn't like my sense of humor, can't hardly blame that on me!

We would've gotten in a lot of trouble.

Oh, God, you have that right. My one buddy and I were relentless. He had a girlfriend that used to get crazy and throw and break stuff. lol. I recently got a The Facebook friend request from one of the guys I used to play that dice game with. Haven't seen him in 25 years. We're going to play some golf together this Summer. He was kind of like your friend Dunny, only probably more of an ass.

Of course, with me, it was all a pretty long time ago. As you're finding out, life, work, kids, etc, slow a guy down. But from 16 to 32, I lived pretty wild.

Kevin

That sounds like both Canadians and Aussies. W.E I'm jealous man that sounds awesome

Could be the best tapatalk sig I have ever seen. Awesome.

Could be the best tapatalk sig I have ever seen. Awesome.

Lol I have no idea what you mean

Ever played a game called Blitzkreig? Mix of beer pong and flip cup.

It's also known as around the world. Great game. I kick some major ass at flip cup so this game was always fun to anchor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back