The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy s---, bringing your kid into an Emergency Department for a bug bite makes me want to slam my head into a wall.

But it could've been a brown recluse. Yeah... No.

Is it frowned upon to prescribe something for stupid parents? Or even just laugh in their face?

Poor bedside manner is usually frowned upon, but sometimes it's just worth it to go all House on a patient.

Holy s---, bringing your kid into an Emergency Department for a bug bite makes me want to slam my head into a wall.

Doc -- Just take ya a Goody's powder, go home & jump on the couch, get some rest and call me in the morning :D

Is it frowned upon to prescribe something for stupid parents? Or even just laugh in their face?

Do I want to do it? Yes. Is it frowned upon? Yes. Considering that my bosses review every patient complaint that is made, it would be very bad for me to have multiple complaints.

Do I want to do it? Yes. Is it frowned upon? Yes. Considering that my bosses review every patient complaint that is made, it would be very bad for me to have multiple complaints.

That sucks man. You can't even headbutt them and tell them to quit being super paranoid and let their kid be a kid.

That sucks man. You can't even headbutt them and tell them to quit being super paranoid and let their kid be a kid.

Tell em to rub some dirt on it :thumb:

I swear you should have a community outreach program and teach parents about health care for their kids.

i love when grown adults come into our aid station in my unit complaining of this kind of stuff i get bit by an ant this morning during pt... ok well what the h*** you want me to do about it the stupidity factor in some folks is outrageous

i will say tho i have been known to kick people out of our aid station for stupid stuff such as this or the guys who come up there oh doc i have a headache

Exactly. If it's serious that's one thing. If it's a bugbite? That sucks Ary

I had this discussion with a coworker just before I left work: I think for a lot of people, their children would have to be REALLY sick to come in on Christmas. Sadly, not everyone feels that way, and they come in for ridiculous stuff.

Oh well, enough of that, now I'm home and going to rest.

I had this discussion with a coworker just before I left work: I think for a lot of people, their children would have to be REALLY sick to come in on Christmas. Sadly, not everyone feels that way, and they come in for ridiculous stuff.

You deserve it dude, go kick up the feet, kiss the wife, and have a cold one

Ary go enjoy your Christmas

You deserve it dude, go kick up the feet, kiss the wife, and have a cold one

If I didn't feel like crap, I would have already opened the bottle of Delirium Noel that is in the fridge.

If I didn't feel like crap, I would have already opened the bottle of Delirium Noel that is in the fridge.

Still kinda tempting to have anyway. Although if you're congested and can't smell or taste, might as well drink Coors Light and save the good stuff.

They do the same thing with us. I had a lady call in last night to report her bike was stolen the week before. Really, you wait till Christmas Eve to report your bike missing?

0700-0000 done and done. Never will I ever... ...

They do the same thing with us. I had a lady call in last night to report her bike was stolen the week before. Really, you wait till Christmas Eve to report your bike missing?

My Dad would get calls from his answering service all the time from morons on Christmas eve and New Years about headaches, bleeding, etc and when he asked them how long the problem had been going on it was always a week or so. So they decide to wait until 2 AM Christmas Eve to call about it.

This weather is NUTS.....it was 73* at 10am this morning.....at 11pm it was 35* with a wind chill of 23*....steady winds at 26 mph with gusts over 40mph!

My Dad would get calls from his answering service all the time from morons on Christmas eve and New Years about headaches, bleeding, etc and when he asked them how long the problem had been going on it was always a week or so. So they decide to wait until 2 AM Christmas Eve to call about it.

I had a guy call tonight because his computer had a virus. I'm like really? You are calling the police on Christmas because your computer had a virus.

This weather is NUTS.....it was 73* at 10am this morning.....at 11pm it was 35* with a wind chill of 23*....steady winds at 26 mph with gusts over 40mph!

That sounds impossible to dress for.

The temps fell 25* in less than 2 hours when front blew in....crazy thing is it will be low 50's tomorrow then back to the 70's by Thursday.

Just now getting off work over an hour late. I am heading to my parents house when I get home to celebrate Christmas, was planning on being there at 630, it will be after 8 now.

Just now getting off work over an hour late. I am heading to my parents house when I get home to celebrate Christmas, was planning on being there at 630, it will be after 8 now.

The good news is that Christmas starts when you arrive bro! Merry Christmas!

Haven't worked a day after Christmas in a long time. Productivity is going to be low today.

Haven't worked a day after Christmas in a long time. Productivity is going to be low today.

You and me both man!

Oh and our temp didnt show up today, and now im officially certain that she has no showed or left early almost every Wednesday since she has been hired. Cant get rid of her now cause we only need her a few more weeks, but lord maybe show up to work every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back