THP Contests.........and the future

No kidding. This may have to be sent to the debate room,lol. What a shame! I feel sorry for Cleveland.

I donno- Cleveland must be excited to see how much competition there was to try and get a mashie!

Like most folks here I am just happy that regular golfers at all levels from THP were selected for the test. It will be nice for me to get feedback from someone like White Rhino while others will be looking at how our low handicap players fare. I am sure that was what Cleveland was looking for as well.

I have nearly 1000 posts here and I have never won anything or been selcted for anything and I couldn't care less. Being a part of THP gives you so much interesting info/tips/insights for free that I feel like a winner anyway.

I feel like there is a lot of crying over not getting a free Mashie. Being a tester is not like you get to hit a bucket of balls and then enjoy your club for the rest of the season. I am confident that the people who got picked to be testers will update and inform. Not just write one post and then forget that they need to answer the questions of the masses.

Is it off putting to anybody else to see all of the open/wanting hands crying because that hand stays empty?

I have nearly 1000 posts here and I have never won anything or been selcted for anything and I couldn't care less. Being a part of THP gives you so much interesting info/tips/insights for free that I feel like a winner anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well said

TC speaking as someone who always gets bummed that he's not picked I would have no issues with you getting picked. You work your butt off for this site and quite honestly you are one of the main reasons that I became an active participant. You deserve it man!!

thanks CL, i appreciate that a lot.

There has been some talk about why don't more women get chosen and I am going to say something that might rustle some feathers but I feel it's important to say. As a female, and a person in the golf industry, we often wonder why we don't see more women offering up equipment reviews and why women seem to get left out of club testing. Please don't shoot me for saying this but I am a realist and a business woman and because of that I understand why. The general consumer, with a large majority being men, are far less likely to take the advice of a female reviewer, even if she carries a lower handicap then them, then they would be of their male counterpart. It is what it is and maybe one day that will change but for now it won't and as a business person I can understand why an OEM would choose men over woman. The vast majority of people reading the reviews and buying their clubs are men. You have to please the masses. That's where the dollars are and in this kind of economy it's even more important to get those dollars and that market share.

This is merely my opinion on the matter but it does make sense to me.

You're probably right even though that bums me out since I'm a woman who buys and plays men's clubs and have worked hard to improve my game. Lucky me gets to try them out at demo day though! Yippee!

TC speaking as someone who always gets bummed that he's not picked I would have no issues with you getting picked. You work your butt off for this site and quite honestly you are one of the main reasons that I became an active participant. You deserve it man!!

I completely agree!!

I didnt know if I should type this in here or the Rant of the day thread. I have heard of some behind the scenes bickering or complaining about TC getting seeded for this and him being my brother aside I have to get this off my chest. That is absolutely ludacris!!!! I CAN NOT for a second believe I am hearing this, I am actually pissed! Behind JB/GG and maybe 1 or 2 people NO ONE works harder on here than him, I know for a fact, he does a lot of stuff people are not aware of. He does all of this work for NOTHING, actually he does it because I can honestly say he enjoys helping others on here. he enjoys giving advice, info, and he is the first to pick someone up when they are down. I am bummed to hear that people are so selfish to think only about themselves in this instance. Why cant you just be happy for him and congratulate him? He is always the first to be happy for someone else. There are many things a lefty can not do/get on here and you dont hear him complain, he may joke about it but I can assure you that this stuff is not why he is on THP. He got seeded by CLEVELAND, and lets be honest, if THP had picked him, who the hell are we to complain? They are going to put the best person for the job in there. This is a business to them and the OEM's. I am tired of hearing ths BS. You know who you are, if you have a problem with it or my post feel free to say it in the open. JB/GG, I am very sorry if this is rude, but I had to say it. RANT OVER!
Love,

Jeff Overton

edit: I forgot to say one thing...you dont think Cleveland saw his hard work on the 2.0 thread? I am sure they did. he prob is responsible for quite a few 2.0 sales.

UGH!

I cant' give you Rep for some reason, but dang straight man!

I completely agree!!

I didnt know if I should type this in here or the Rant of the day thread. I have heard of some behind the scenes bickering or complaining about TC getting seeded for this and him being my brother aside I have to get this off my chest. That is absolutely ludacris!!!! I CAN NOT for a second believe I am hearing this, I am actually pissed! Behind JB/GG and maybe 1 or 2 people NO ONE works harder on here than him, I know for a fact, he does a lot of stuff people are not aware of. He does all of this work for NOTHING, actually he does it because I can honestly say he enjoys helping others on here. he enjoys giving advice, info, and he is the first to pick someone up when they are down. I am bummed to hear that people are so selfish to think only about themselves in this instance. Why cant you just be happy for him and congratulate him? He is always the first to be happy for someone else. There are many things a lefty can not do/get on here and you dont hear him complain, he may joke about it but I can assure you that this stuff is not why he is on THP. He got seeded by CLEVELAND, and lets be honest, if THP had picked him, who the hell are we to complain? They are going to put the best person for the job in there. This is a business to them and the OEM's. I am tired of hearing ths BS. You know who you are, if you have a problem with it or my post feel free to say it in the open. JB/GG, I am very sorry if this is rude, but I had to say it. RANT OVER!
Love,

Jeff Overton

edit: I forgot to say one thing...you dont think Cleveland saw his hard work on the 2.0 thread? I am sure they did. he prob is responsible for quite a few 2.0 sales.

UGH!

I completely agree!!

Love,

Jeff Overton

UGH!

+a hole bunch man! TC really gives of himself every day! He gets the short end of the stick every day because he is a lefty.

Plus a zillion to the above

I completely agree!!

Love,

Jeff Overton

UGH!

Rep added... Just unreal anyone would say something negative. I'm going to stop there before I rant.

Sometimes people need to sit back and think before acting emotionally, let alone getting behind a keyboard.

This is all supposed to be fun and informative.

Look, we all want to win or be chosen, but as the site grows and becomes more and more popular, that will become increasingly difficult.

Think before acting. Enjoy all of the good info, chances at contests. chances to demo clubs, incredible golf resources and friendships.

I completely agree!!

Love,

Jeff Overton

UGH!

I :love: TC!! He's been great help with me and my game and is a great person!!

You can't please everyone all the time, unfortunately :confused2:

I completely agree!!

Love,

Jeff Overton

UGH!

Great post One-T. How stupid am I that I didn't know you two were bro's. Some people just seem to think that typing on the internet gives a person free reign to say whatever. I like to think of it as I am talking face to face with a person. If I wouldn't say something to someones face I wouldn't type it out on a forum. I think the nature of the beast is that this forum is going to go through some growing pains with the added membership due to the incredible contests. It happens at every forum I've ever been a member of. But heck of a post! TC is da bomb.

I completely agree!!

Love,

Jeff Overton

UGH!

Boom baby!

Rep added for one-t! TC does so much for this website! STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE!

Hopefully this kind of crap will be short lived as the people who only showed up cause of the amazing contests will realize their chances of winning are slim to none and they are better off somewhere else.

If someone seriously has a problem with TC receiving anything from here they need to get their head checked.

One-Ts post p's me off. TC has helped everyone on this forum in one way or another. Especially me.

I have an open proposition or anyone who chooses to partake. If you feel you are more deserving than TC to test the mashie, pm me, and if you truly make a case on how you're more deserving, I'll buy you one.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

One-Ts post p's me off. TC has helped everyone on this forum in one way or another. Especially me.

I have an open proposition or anyone who chooses to partake. If you feel you are more deserving than TC to test the mashie, pm me, and if you truly make a case on how you're more deserving, I'll buy you one.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

No need to PM you on this thainer, all you need to do is look at your sig and see what kind of driver you play :D I'll take a 23 degree stiff please! haha

I'm really surprised this discussion was even started. The OEM has chosen the testers, however when THP has chosen some testers for things people do no respond for one reason or another. How many times did people get re-picked to test the Bridgestone E6 Yellow ball? Remeber the Chromax ball testing? How many people jumped on that opportunity?

OEM's have a reason as to why they choose who the choose. Looks at some that got chosen for this great opportunity from Cleveland golf. Bridges & White Rhino are on here practically everyday talking about stuff. Yoccos is another who has tested some golf balls in the past and done a great job with that. TC is a Forum Leader and he got that title for a reason. Not only does he help monitor the forum, but every time he has done testing he has taken it with all seriousness and done a fantastic job. It's ok to be jealous of those selected for things, but I don't think it's right to be upset about it.

As for testing some ladies equipment, I know some Ladies on here that would love to get that opportunity. KellyBo and MaryC would be great for reviews, they both play a lot of golf and have really good knowledge about that game. I'm sure there are more women out there that fall in to that same category. Maybe in the future something like that will happen.

END OF RANT THAT HAD NO POINT

It's beginning to look as if there's been more posts complaining about the complainers than there was complaints. I don't think anyone should have a complaint about TC either, but guessing who ever did has gone their way or has shut up by now.

Very soon there will be 6 people testing a great new product, I can't wait to hear about it.

i really appreciate the support but i believe this has run its course. like i said in my OP, i know there's disappointment, believe me, i've been there, especially as a lefty. while there may not have been blatant accusations the sentiments are there. it's ok, i understand. again, thanks to all for their support, it means a lot but i believe nothing more needs to be said.

bottom line is this: cleveland selected who they selected for whatever reason. they don't need to explain it to anyone and the most important thing in all of this is being overshadowed:

the see how influential, how strong, and how important THP is to their cause. we all help make THP what it is in our own ways and we are all lucky to be a part of a wonderful community. ultimately, it's a golf and golf equipment media outlet......period! we're doing a disservice to THP and to participating OEM's by losing our focus. let's all just move forward, support THP, Cleveland, and the testers by supporting one another, by reading the reviews when they begin, and by asking any and all questions and concerns when they arrise.

i am very fortunate to have been selected and i appreciate the support from all that have given it, but let's please move forward and celebrate where THP is today: as a company, as a news outlet, as a relevant figure in the golf community, and as a forum that we've all come to love and appreciate.

Reactions: JB
i really appreciate the support but i believe this has run its course. like i said in my OP, i know there's disappointment, believe me, i've been there, especially as a lefty. while there may not have been blatant accusations the sentiments are there. it's ok, i understand. again, thanks to all for their support, it means a lot but i believe nothing more needs to be said.

bottom line is this: cleveland selected who they selected for whatever reason. they don't need to explain it to anyone and the most important thing in all of this is being overshadowed:

the see how influential, how strong, and how important THP is to their cause. we all help make THP what it is in our own ways and we are all lucky to be a part of a wonderful community. ultimately, it's a golf and golf equipment media outlet......period! we're doing a disservice to THP and to participating OEM's by losing our focus. let's all just move forward, support THP, Cleveland, and the testers by supporting one another, by reading the reviews when they begin, and by asking any and all questions and concerns when they arrise.

i am very fortunate to have been selected and i appreciate the support from all that have given it, but let's please move forward and celebrate where THP is today: as a company, as a news outlet, as a relevant figure in the golf community, and as a forum that we've all come to love and appreciate.

Well said my friend! You got a gift with words :thumb:

Having been here only for a week I can tell you I came here while looking for reviews on equipment. Having found honest and informative reviews here I decided to explore the rest of THP, and boy am I glad I did, the forums have been great, and already I have made a few new friends. I agree with some of the other posters that this site is addictive and I find myself having to monitor my time here or I will end up spending hours on end browsing. I only became aware of testing & contests after registering and clicking different tabs, I see it as an added bonus and wonder how anyone can complain about having a real chance to test or win golf related equipment.
All of the review sites I have visited in the past might have an occasional (if ever) contest to win something, but never have I seen a site that involved the membership with reviews of new equipment. I appreciate all that the entire staff at THP does and cannot understand why anyone would have a problem if the reviews were done by staff only, as is the case with most sites. THP is as close to a perfect golfing community website as is possible and Thanks again to all responsible.

Well then maybe let me see if that Birdie everybody loves has something to say on the matter. Chirp, Chirp, Chirp, whistle, chirp, whistle!

Wow! Impressive stuff!

Translation....

Spoiler
TaylorMade Burner 2.0 testing through the forum was completed. We have Taylormade Forged Irons that we gave away to 10 golfers on THP. We just gave away 6 Cleveland Mashies on THP. And GUESS WHAT....We have another one coming up REALLY SOON TOO.

This was a goal from the very beginning with this website and forum. To let actual golfers test actual products and share the knowledge with the world. Don't Just Play Golf...Live It! Is not just a catchy little slogan, but also something we firmly believe in. From the beginning with Shoot Outs and Reviews, all we wanted to do was bring the truth and honesty back to the world of golf and rip through the marketing. Slice through perception and into reality and we believe that this is one of the best ways to do it. Between this and the rest of the reviews on THP, golfers can trust the judgement of what real golfers have to say. This is not some math formula or medal winning sheet, but a chance for golfers and their peers to be a part of something special inside the industry and partake in testing throughout the year that has never been done to this scale. Add to that a Demo Day that makes most look like relics from the past and you have the ability to share the knowledge with people all over the world looking for good, honest feedback on the equipment coming out each year.

All we ask for in return is participation. If someone likes to participate, they have a better chance (in many cases) of testing equipment. If they prefer lurking and reading, that is great too, but its hard to send hundreds and even thousands of dollars worth of equipment to someone in HOPES that they follow through on the request. Thank you all for the interest in testing, and know that everybody that is involved in THP is special to us in their own way.

As mentioned in the Spoiler Tag, we have MANY OTHER things coming up this year that will blow your mind when it comes to reviews and testing, as well as contests and prizes. On top of that we have the THP Outing & Demo Day where one can once again test the latest and the greatest on the course and range and share their feedback with the world through the THP forum. 2011 is going to be a year to remember here and we can only thank everybody here for making that possible.

Back