What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking the new wedges eh?
Actually the wedges I'm hitting quite well and my pitching and chipping was very very good. I just can't putt right now, like at all, and I think its leaking into the rest of my game. I just dread walking onto the greens right now and I've never ever felt that way before.

44 on 9 holes. Nowadays I'm starting out 1-2 over after 4 holes then going downhill and finishing around a bogey round.

A good but weird round today. Shot 69 with 8 birdies, 5 pars and 5 bogeys.

Followed up yesterdays 69 with a 72 this morning in a light rain. I had a eagle and 5 birdies this morning.

Bad front 9, 46. Real good back 38 (+2) Total 84

Sent from my DROID X2

An absolutely pathetic 86 today (44-42). Hit 10/14 FW's but my game from 150 and in just sucked. Struggling with iron distance control, decent chipping, but burning edges on putts all day. Giving it a go again tomorrow with another THP'er (threeboysdad).

First real round of the year and I shot an 82. 33 putts, 8/13 FIR, only 6 GIR though :angry:

Conditions: 52*, overcast, winds W 15-20 mph. I was happy that I shot 82, but I missed alot of <10' putts. Could have easily been 77-78, but I'll take 82 for a first time out.

Had a really good round with a poor finish. Opened with 4 straight pars, then 2 straight bogeys on 2 of the easier holes on the course. Came back with a bird and finished the front 9 +1. The back 9 started off with a string of para again and I was still 1over thru 14. Messed up and easy par 5 with a bogey and took a double after losing one in the hazard on 17. Birdie putt burned the edge on 18, tap in for par and 76(+4). Really hit the driver and irons well today.

Damn Dean - great round man. Any way you put it, 76 is SOLID!

Damn Dean - great round man. Any way you put it, 76 is SOLID!

Thanks. It was just a round where the swing was clicking. If I missed a drive it was always in a good spot. I hit a lot of greens and avoided 3 putts.

Today was the TriFecta, the Scramble/Alternate Shot/Better Ball tourney with 6 holes in each format, on our home course that was very soggy after heavy rains Friday. My partner (the 74 yr old Swanny who can flat play), and I were defending our title from the last TriFecta. Today we were both largely on. We started in the Better Ball format, and I parred the opening hole, a tough par 4. Then on our second hole, a par 5, Swanny wedged to a foot and we were off! At our third we went to the Scramble 6 holes, and I ran down a 25 footer for birdie, which opened the floodgates as we birdied the first 5 holes of Scramble to go -6 thru 8. Then we turned and began Alternate Shot - twice I wedged to within 6 feet for birdies and we made solid easy pars on the other 4, and escaped the Alternate section -2, and -8 thru 14 holes. Then we went back to better ball, and after parring our 15th, we faced the tough 197 yard par 3 - but I stiffed a 4 iron into the green center and it released to 12 feet from the rear pin - shot of the day for me, but I lipped out the birdie. At our 17th Swanny ran down another birdie, and we escaped a poorly played final hole when I chipped to 2 feet and parred, for what I thought was going to be an easy win since 63 was by two shots the lowest score ever in an 18 hole TriFecta, but it turned out the team playing right in front of us was even hotter and wore out a 61 - amazing golf! So, we settled for second place and both felt great about the way we had played.

Had a really good round with a poor finish. Opened with 4 straight pars, then 2 straight bogeys on 2 of the easier holes on the course. Came back with a bird and finished the front 9 +1. The back 9 started off with a string of para again and I was still 1over thru 14. Messed up and easy par 5 with a bogey and took a double after losing one in the hazard on 17. Birdie putt burned the edge on 18, tap in for par and 76(+4). Really hit the driver and irons well today.

Nice round ddec!!!! Great job man!! I had a 41 today on the front 9 of my home course. Could have been better, but it was only 2nd time I have swung my clubs all year. Wasn't too upset with the round all things being considered.

42-41 today in the pudding. Lots of bogeys and a triple, but made three birdies, two ended up skins and one was a chip in, and my partner and I won the low net on the back nine. Won $25.

Then we went out for a ninesome scramble emergency 9. $3.00 a hole and $2.00 closest to the pins. I hit six approach shots inside 12 feet, three of which were inside 8 feet. The head pro was loser on every single one. The bastard. lol. Lost $24.00 to his team, and won a $1.00 from the other threesome.

So I won a whopping $2.00 on the day. What a fun day, though.

Kevin

Beat my personal best of 89 with an 84 today...I'm ecstatic! Same old stuff with the driver, kill one...slice a few...kill one, but my short game was going as well as I could hope for. I had quite a few that ended up 1-2 feet from the pin from 50-125 out, but I still two putted most holes. :bananadance:

ETA: 44-40...I'm so happy. :D

Was -1 through 7 holes today and went double then bogey for a +2 37. SMH lol. I have not played this well ever this early on in the year.

Congrats on the PB, MG.

Shot 38-42. Had a couple of doubles on the back. I am still hitting it well though.

I played today with the Georgia THP group at Riverpines 69.4/127

The course is just beginning to grow in and it's only two weeks since the greens were aerated. So all of the guys had a few putts that probably would have fell except for hitting some of the punch holes. I had a couple of bad putting greens, the second and third but was pretty solid after that. And still haven't hit a good iron shot. During the round, I missed a four foot birdie and made a 49 foot birdie, go figure.
75 (39, 36)

Walked 18 today. Nothing was spectacular but nothing was terrible. Shot an 81! I posted my score card in the MC preparation thread

41-40 for a +10 81 today with 2 frickin double bogeys. Man I hate double bogeys. Actually hit 2 balls in the water today, that really sucked. I just played pretty sloppy and never really put any kind of a good run together. My iron play still getting better but today I pulled a hybrid a yard left into the water, I never ever miss that club left and today it did and cost me. Driving was so so and putting was decent. All in all it was good for March, I can't forget that part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I shot a 84 at Monarch Bay. It is quickly becoming my favorite and most recommended course in the Bay area. The people that work there are so friendly, the course is in great shape and the price is right!

Today I had a round that you just call "The Round". I started off all square thru 5, finished the front at +3. The back started with a little fluster moment with a triple but pulled it together to finish the back at +7 for a 82 total. The score isn't the the whole story though, it was the 8 one putts and two 300+ drives. Chipping was beautiful today landing within 5 feet on all but one. The best part was my partner looking at me and saying "ok you can stop that now!"

Today I hit 37 and 40. For some reason I went into a funk on the back nine for 3 straight bogeys and I missed 3 birdie putts today. What really made me mad was a missed birdie putt that was only 4 feet straight up hill and I leave it short.

Nearly left a putter sized divot in the green on that one.

90 on a very difficult 6217 yd course. Narrow fairways, lakes and a river with undulating greens. Played in the AMTour, but the best part, played with the same ball start to finish, no one else in my group did.

Shot 73 today. Not a bad weekend with a 69, 72 and a 73.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back