What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only had time for 9 holes and shot a 40. I started off extremely poorly, swinging way too fast and ending the first two holes with a bogey and double bogey. However, my wife took video of my swing with her iPhone, which (after an eye-opening revelation) allowed me to view my mistake and correct it for the next 7 holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I literally putted so bad today that I threw my putter 50 yards.

After my horrible putting. Two 4-putts, 4 3-putts.

I ended with a 94. Shoot really well except for the putting.

Needless to say I bought a new putter today.

Hope it was a Seemore - sounds like you could use one. :) That's what got me to switch!

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

FINALLY! Broke through that 90's barrier with an 88 today. Pretty rough front nine at +13, which included 3 holes with birdie opportunities that I 3 putted on each. Gathered myself and killed the back nine at +3. All in all, still a work in progress but I took away some positives from the round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats man!

Good round for me today.

38/41
9 GIR (yay)
34 putts
Can't remember exact number, but didn't hit a ton of fairways.

Front nine was probably the best I've played all year, if ever. Started the back slowly, but hung in there and finished decently. Number of putts is on the high side for me, but never was far off.

didn't keep score but i played JLukes in a match it was a rollercoaster match for sure both of us were up by 2 a few times but in the end Joe beat me on 17 i need to work on my short game over the winter i was amazed at how quickly it disappeared now that i've been concentrating more on hockey.

Fired a 34 on my last 9 of the year, birdies on both par 5's and parred the rest for a -2 despite battling a nasty wind and temperatures of +4 degrees celsius. I need to move somewhere warmer lol.

Good round for me today.

38/41
9 GIR (yay)
34 putts
Can't remember exact number, but didn't hit a ton of fairways.

Front nine was probably the best I've played all year, if ever. Started the back slowly, but hung in there and finished decently. Number of putts is on the high side for me, but never was far off.

Hawkster, very nice my Captain!

Thanks! I really thought I knew what I was doing there for awhile lol. Had visions of a new low round and probably should have just nipped that in the bud before it started.

A tough 83, I hit 14 fairways and 2 greens. Brutal brutal round, had no swing at all.

Captain Hawk: phenomenal round sir! 9 GIR's is very nice, making golf easier. :)

Trout Bum: I wish my BAD days were 83, you will be just great in a few weeks buddy. I have no doubt at all.

42/37 = 79

9/13 FW
10/18 GIR
32 putts (18/14)

2 doubles on the front and then 1 bogey & 8 pars on the back.

Jumbo Max working well.....SpeedBlades working well......PCB has me a VERY VERY happy camper.

Nice round captain, looking forward to those rounds from you in a couple weeks.

Nice round captain, looking forward to those rounds from you in a couple weeks.

Thanks buddy, things were good today. Driver is dialed in and putting with the PCB is a BIG improvement from putting average. I'm feeling pretty darn good!

shot an 84 on the home course today, and really happy about it. Why? Because I eliminated the big blowup holes, no penalties, no bunkers, nothing but a few bad shots, and a lot more good ones. Still managed this score with a lousy 37 putts with a new putter on its maiden voyage. Oh, and I was walking, which if you know me, is something that should lend itself to high numbers. :alien:
Feeling pretty good.

shot an 84 on the home course today, and really happy about it. Why? Because I eliminated the big blowup holes, no penalties, no bunkers, nothing but a few bad shots, and a lot more good ones. Still managed this score with a lousy 37 putts with a new putter on its maiden voyage. Oh, and I was walking, which if you know me, is something that should lend itself to high numbers. :alien:
Feeling pretty good.

Good golfing buddy!

Feeling pretty good.

Thats a nice round considering 37 putts, well done.

Last edited:
88 (42+46) today at New Albany with the THPers. I had two awful holes on the back nine as a headache started to settle in that got me off track towards the end. However Tpluff and I had the same feeling about breaking 90 on a brand new course so I can't complain. My yardages seemed off all day with the tudes. The SPi was sold though which saved me on several holes!

Shot a 92 today. Could have done much better today but my 3 wood and hybrid disagreed. I keep topping them like crazy. If I bring the ball back more I can get decent distance but flight is low. I move it forward and I top the heck out of it. Someday I'll figure it out I hope.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Shot an 89(42+47) at my tournament today, which is another great tournament round for me. I still have not yet to break 80, but I'm getting great tournament experience. Also I'm happy for shooting consistent scores, for hard courses I've never even played before.

41/37 = 78 on a par 71.

9 of 13 fairways, only 8 of 18 GIR and 31 putts.

Putter was pretty hot and continuing to see lots of birdie chances just miss. Still had two drives I tried to guide and that cost me one double today.

it was a good day though.

JM

41/35 for a 76. 2 Doubles killed an otherwise solid round that included 3 birdies.

be8u6yve.jpg

Not bad, considering its was a new course and the weather was 40s with a 10+ mph steady wind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

40/45 for an 85 today with Texas Hacker at Painted. Good time. First time in a long time I felt like I knew how to golf!

Feeling pretty good.

Very solid round, way to go! I like the walking part too.

Shot 38/39 - 77 today at the home course in my weekend wager game. I was looking forward to this after getting walloped the last 2 weeks. It's been a really long time since I've played a really competitive game and my buddy is a really consistent shot, so sub-80 is needed to win some games. Was a big step for me to play well knowing i needed to play well and making it happen.

2 Birdies
10 Pars
5 Bogeys
1 Double (had to drop)

I didn't hit the ball particularly well (6 FIR, 7 GIR) but my Callaway Copper Forged 56* was a sniper rifle for me today. I dumped 7 pitches and chips to within 3 feet, 3 of those to within 6". Coupled with the two birdies, that gave me 9 1-putts today. Had my buddy shaking his head all day while swatting gimmes back to me. Felt really good. 28 putts overall.

Ended up winning 3 of 4 bets and almost took the 4th when I lipped a 50 footer for bird on 18.

Felt really good playing good golf against good golf and winning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back