Which Tee Box Do You Play From? Why?

I always play the tees that are between 6500-7000. No need to go shorter (unless the back tees are shorter than that) or longer. Gives a good challenge without being overly difficult and makes the round enjoyable.

I hate when I see guys like you played with. No need to get an ego and think that you are better than you are. I have played with those guys as well and it is frustrating.

I always play the tees that are between 6500-7000. No need to go shorter (unless the back tees are shorter than that) or longer. Gives a good challenge without being overly difficult and makes the round enjoyable.

I hate when I see guys like you played with. No need to get an ego and think that you are better than you are. I have played with those guys as well and it is frustrating.

Thanks for understanding...

usually white, but the more i get better the more i play blues.

I usually play with 2 high handicapers and to suit them we play off the from tees. I don't mind because it actually forces me to thing about my tee shot, driver brings a lot more into play. When i play society we always use the middle tees or whatever tees set out by the course. Any time i play with my dad we play from the back tees, he's a 10 HC i'm 12. No reason for use to play further up.

I can see how it would be annoying for you to play with people like that. A lot of courses over here will force people to play from certain tees.

I always go by yardage, I'm most comfortable playing 6400-6800 yards. Plus, that's where I have the most fun!

I always go by yardage, I'm most comfortable playing 6400-6800 yards. Plus, that's where I have the most fun!

I usually look to play in that range as well, I've played from around 7000 and its a beast. I don't mind playing shorter courses, its fun to be able to pick and chose what club you want to hit. But 80% of the time I play between 6400 and 6800.

I usually look to play in that range as well, I've played from around 7000 and its a beast. I don't mind playing shorter courses, its fun to be able to pick and chose what club you want to hit. But 80% of the time I play between 6400 and 6800.
Agreed, on both. 7k made me wet myself LOL.

Every now and again my buddy and I will play from further up than that, heck, we had a day this fall with 30mph winds and we played the red's, it was a freaking blast.

Same for me. I like to play around 6700 or so. Really anywhere in the 6500-7000 range.

I typically play the whites or whatever the middle tees are but sometimes I will change things up a bit and play different tees. Playing different tees can make your regular course play very differently.

I usually play the back tees, but I will play almost anywhere.
If I am playing with guys who want to play forward, I will tee it up there as well.
My ego isn't big enough to force me to always play back.

Depends on what I am out playing for that day....If i am trying to challenge myself and play to see where my game is at i play the furthest tees back.....when i am out walking a round to just brush up on some stuff and try stuff...the member tees which is the tees in between the tournament tees and Blue tees...I know some clubs use different colors in different spots. I like to play all the time pretty far away and make the course as long as possible to get every club into play!

I either play with where my foursome is playing from or I go by how long the longest par 3 is on the back tees if I can't reach that with my 3 hybrid then I play the next set of tee's up.

6000-7000 yards is usually good, I've been playing a lot from closer to 6000 yards, but that is changing. Back tees are my choice depending on the group. 7310 is the longest I've played, the distance didn't hurt me, but I wasn't in the comfort zone either.

+1.

I always pick this range if I get a vote but am willing to play wherever the group feels like playing. If its substantially shorter, I hit irons and hybrids off the tee to get more variety than all wedges into the green. I will usually play a round or two each year from 7000+ just to remind myself I don't belong there.

I have heard that in certain areas of Europe you have to take an etiquate course, as well as a playability test. This will dictate the tees you play from and the time of day you're allowed to begin play. Once completed, you present your players card in the pro shop, then pay and play. I can't qualify this information, because I live in Michigan, and have never been to Europe. If there is any truth to this, it has to be the greatest idea ever. I have a problem watching guys struggle around the course for 18 holes, which starts with where they decided to jack it up from. Acknowledging that the general public is far from Mensa, and pride often gets in the way of logic, I wish we had a program like the aforementioned here in the states. I can't remember the last time I was able to play a round of golf in less than five hours and I contribute a significant portion of this problem to groups in front of me playing from tees that make the courses too much for them to handle.

When I play with friends/family, they like to play from the whites, so I do as well. When I play by myself I play the tee that are around 6500 yrds. Gives me more of a challenge without being to long for me.

Well I feel inadequate. I am most comfortable from 6000 to 6400 yards.

I usually try and play tees that set up between 6200 and 6400 yards. I don't hit the ball that far and so I feel this lets me have the best chance to have fun yet the golf course is still a challange. One of my courses is set at 6751 from the blue tees and is where we play men's league and has black tees of 7228. I struggle at this course and don't play as many men league nights as I do at our other course that is set up at 6503 from the blues.

I always play from the back tees, 90% of our competitions are from the white tees. By practicing pretty much exclusively off the back tees you improve as a player in my opinion. Even high handicappers can benefit from it as it can improve course management and how they approach a hole, ie a par 4 that's drive-able off the white's but could call for a 3 wood 8 iron off the back sticks.

I also find playing off the whites in competitions become easier after playing off the back sticks for so long. I never have less than a 9 iron or PW into the Par 4s if I get my drive away, 3 of them a drive-able but I wouldn't go for 2 of them unless I was looking to make up some shots. And the two par 5s at my course are in range in 2 with a 6 or 7 iron off the white tees, so I do get a lot of confidence playing from the back sticks when it comes to moving up to the white's for competitions.

I have the most fun from 62-65 but I prefer to play 6800+ because it keeps me sharp.

TTing

Well I feel inadequate. I am most comfortable from 6000 to 6400 yards.

Next time you and I tee it up, I say we say eff it and tee up from the forward tee's. Just to show off our crazy insane swing speeds.

I have found that I like to play 6200-6500 yd range whatever that may be at a given course and I think 6600 would be my max, anything farther than that and it makes for a long course but anything under 6000 seems way too short for me.

I play the tips. All the time. Unless my coach tells me not too.

I play the tips. All the time. Unless my coach tells me not too.

You also shot a 67 JT, you don't count buddy. LOL

I personally play whatever tees get me around 6000 yards. That's my comfort level and the distance I can play decently from. Any longer and I start to hack it up so my tees depend on the course. A couple of courses I play I use the tips, others like my home club I'm two up from the tips.

Back