2012 Morgan Cup Coverage

Bradd - great post man. I won't attempt to elaborate because there is no need, I can't even fathom the emotions you had running through you. Proud to have you as a teammate and fellow Morgan Cupper. You made him proud all weekend, you really did.

I have so got to get in on this for next year......what it would do for me and my confidence. After losing 110 lbs in a year then being able to do something like this???? WOW...I am all in (I think I have said that before)

I'll say this in defense for Dam. While I haven't seen any of the coverage myself(tomorrow I will for sure) I just think knowing Team Hackers winning it kinda ruins it in a sense. Like in my opinion I think these coverage days would be better/have more drama(such as the morgan cup participant selection nights) if we didn't know who won. But that's just my take!

Remember I haven't seen anything sadly but am waiting for the DVD

I'll say this in defense for Dam. While I haven't seen any of the coverage myself(tomorrow I will for sure) I just think knowing Team Hackers winning it kinda ruins it in a sense. Like in my opinion I think these coverage days would be better/have more drama(such as the morgan cup participant selection nights) if we didn't know who won. But that's just my take!

I respectfully disagree. I know who won all the past major championships, but every time they come on the golf channel I always tend to tune in. There is so much excitement watching people you like hit awesome golf shots and see the emotions that go along with it. I haven't watched any coverage due to work but I feel like I would be in that same mode watching all my friends from the forum go against each other in their matches and battle out on the course.

I get that. I truly do, but if I told you that Rickie Fowler and Tiger Woods had an epic battle down 18 for the PGA Championship, I would bet you would still tune in right?

Sorry I missed this before. To be honest, it didn't entertain me as much as I thought it would. That is not me saying the coverage was bad. I thought it was very good in fact. It just didn't hold my attention like I thought it would. I love hearing about what happened, but watching it just wasn't for me I guess. I still plan to watch if I can tomorrow because I think it's important to support the Morgan Cup and everyone who worked hard to make it happen.
I take this as a slap in the face. If you only knew how much effort went in to this production you would have at least some appreciation for this streaming. We had golfers out there playing golf after 8 months of prep, talking to cameras pre and post shot, whether it was good or bad. We had GolferGal and Mrs Biggsy making rounds to make sure everyone had what the needed. We had volunteers on their feet for almost 12 hours taking videos so you could experience this event. To say it didnt hold your attention, then all I can say is you just dont get it.

Sorry to everyone for the rant, but that just pissed me off.

Sheesh Bradd! That was excellent. I have no doubt your grandpa was there with you, you were calm, cool and collected and it will show in the coverage I'm sure of it.

I get that. I truly do, but if I told you that Rickie Fowler and Tiger Woods had an epic battle down 18 for the PGA Championship, I would bet you would still tune in right?

I think we both know that answer haha

I've been trying my best to tune in, truly, but I have my reasons sadly and it's been bothering me.

I think we both know that answer haha

I've been trying my best to tune in, truly, but I have my reasons sadly and it's been bothering me.

I know dude, and I respect them. I was just playing devil's advocate to the reasoning you listed.

Sorry I missed this before. To be honest, it didn't entertain me as much as I thought it would. That is not me saying the coverage was bad. I thought it was very good in fact. It just didn't hold my attention like I thought it would. I love hearing about what happened, but watching it just wasn't for me I guess. I still plan to watch if I can tomorrow because I think it's important to support the Morgan Cup and everyone who worked hard to make it happen.

Really? One question:

3oe3mk.jpg

I take this as a slap in the face. If you only knew how much effort went in to this production you would have at least some appreciation for this streaming. We had golfers out there playing golf after 8 months of prep, talking to cameras pre and post shot, whether it was good or bad. We had GolferGal and Mrs Biggsy making rounds to make sure everyone had what the needed. We had volunteers on their feet for almost 12 hours taking videos so you could experience this event. To say it didnt hold your attention, then all I can say is you just dont get it.

I'm glad you only read the first piece of my post. There's so many other things I have to say here but won't. Sorry for my opinion. I guess I'm in the wrong here.

I know dude, and I respect them. I was just playing devil's advocate to the reasoning you listed.

You devil you! The coverage actually should work out tomorrow where I get to see some of it on my lunch break. Gonna grab a conference room and try to watch for an hour or so. Freaking stoked

I'm glad you only read the first piece of my post. There's so many other things I have to say here but won't. Sorry for my opinion. I guess I'm in the wrong here.
Dude, I read your entire post. That's what prompted me to reply to it like I did.

I played in the damned thing, talked to every guy who swung a club and I still sit on the edge of my seat when coverage is on.

--
Tapatalk2

Dude, I read your entire post. That's what prompted me to reply to it like I did.

Then your comment about me not appreciating the streaming came from where? I said I think the coverage was great. I said I plan on watching because I know how important it is to support everyone who made it happen.

It just didn't entertain me AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD. Not saying it didn't entertain me. Just not what I thought it would be exactly. That's my opinion. Kill me I guess.

Don't pile on the kid, it wasn't what he expected and he was willing to share his opinion. It's different from a lot of others around here, but it is what it is.

You know the team outcome yes. But not the individual matches. I'm sure there are some big surprises in tomorrows matches coverage.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Then your comment about me not appreciating the streaming came from where? I said I think the coverage was great. I said I plan on watching because I know how important it is to support everyone who made it happen.

It just didn't entertain me AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD. Not saying it didn't entertain me. Just not what I thought it would be exactly. That's my opinion. Kill me I guess.
Then I apologize that the entertainment value was not up to your preconceived standards.

Im dropping this.

I sat in the recliner with the laptop in my lap for the entire coverage today and enjoyed it so much. I hope I have the same opportunity tomorrow! Poor OG had to miss today because he had to help someone do some repairs to his mom's house. I hope he gets to enjoy tomorrow with me. Maybe it's different for me because I feel like I know so many playing in this thing. I have been emotional several times seeing the guys hit good shots, make long putts, talk about their experience, and hearing the crowd roar for the guys. I honestly see this event in an entire new light this year. It's something special and I'm so proud for everyone who got to experience it, including those of us watching the coverage.

I am off tomorrow so I get to watch! Yippee. I saw a little today when I was at lunch. I'm definitely getting the dvd. I need to see it all! Outtakes too!!

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

So tell us why it wasn't entertaining to you. Was it the quality of the golf, or that you already knew which team had won, or something else? Your opinion may be in the minority on here, but if you provide constructive criticism, it could lead to improvements for future events.

Full disclosure: when I started on here, I posted some views that were contrary to what pretty much everyone else was saying on here. In one thread, I posted that I was just going to shut my mouth and not post again because I didn't feel like my views were accepted. After that, I had people send me messages that told me to stick around, and that all opinions would be valued. Try to look at this issue with that perspective.

I have to say that watching a lot of the coverage today brought back a lot of excitement and emotion. As exciting as the weekend was, there were times that were emotional as well as we built these bonds with each other. As others have mentioned, there wasn't a dry eye in the room when David proposed. When we would hit exciting shots we would each cheer for each other, and it was such an amazing feeling so have so many people, including opponents, really root each other on. I am most excited about tomorrows coverage because it was probably the most emotional day for me. The first couple of rounds I played with a partner so I had someone in the cart with me all day. Sunday was singles, and TC and Tim were nice enough to let me have my own cart so my wife could ride with me a little bit. But going up to my ball on my own without a playing partner there I was thinking a lot about my grandpa, and I felt such a peace out there on the golf course all day feeling like he was right there with me more than any other day. Walking up to the 18th green I was trying to hold back tears. He was walking up to the green with me.

Sunday was a very special round to me. It was special because of the people I played with, the family I had around me, and because I knew the weekend was sadly coming to an end. I hope you all enjoy the coverage of the final round. I hope our excitement, happiness, sadness, and emotion shows through in the coverage because I think we all let it all out on Sunday.

Can't wait for tomorrows coverage to start....

Everyone will see this in your eyes tomorrow Brad you played an amazing round Buddy.

So tell us why it wasn't entertaining to you. Was it the quality of the golf, or that you already knew which team had won, or something else? Your opinion may be in the minority on here, but if you provide constructive criticism, it could lead to improvements for future events.

Full disclosure: when I started on here, I posted some views that were contrary to what pretty much everyone else was saying on here. In one thread, I posted that I was just going to shut my mouth and not post again because I didn't feel like my views were accepted. After that, I had people send me messages that told me to stick around, and that all opinions would be valued. Try to look at this issue with that perspective.

This is a great response, and I second everything you said.

All the volunteers and players alike did an amazing job and 99.9% of the people were likely very entertained. Don't worry about it broski.

I am continuing to put this coverage together and there is just so much great stuff. Its going to be lengthy, but worth it and I know a few things will get cut, but most of it will be scene. Going from 6 groups to 8 groups each playing their own ball has made the editing side a little more "interesting", but GG did a fantastic job of getting me all the usable content and there is so much great stuff from every player.

Back