Future of Product Testing on THP

Ok everyone, we are looking to do some more forum equipment testing, and I hate having to post in this thread but there are some things we need to talk about. When doing equipment testing it's not a 1 post a week job and it's not a job where you post after 5 rounds and then never post again. This is a long term, tedious task that requires constant feedback. We want to hear how you feel about the clubs, how are they working, how is the technology, is it living up to the hype, how does it sound, how does it feel, is it performing as advertised? We don't want to hear how your game is doing, what I want to hear is how the club is working. For example "The driver was launching much higher than my current driver," or "I was seeing a lot of backspin..", "The advertised X technology of Y club is not living up to my expectation, it claims it will do this but it's doing that." You get the picture. You are also there to answer questions because people want to know how it's performing and they will be asking you questions and it's your responsibility to answer them.

Take Videos if you can, post your thoughts, and if you are going out to play a round of golf, make sure to bring the club with you. This is going to be a testing process that lasts months and months, not 5 times out on the course. If these are responsibilities that you are not interested in fulfilling then please do not sign up. I am going to implement a new rule, per the companies requests, if you cannot and do not fulfill your responsibilities as explained here then you will be required to return the merchandise so a new tester can be selected to hopefully finish the duties you could not. If you have questions about how you are doing as a tester, just ask. But if you are in the thread everyday and talking about the club you are testing, and answering the other forum members questions then you probably already know you are doing a good job.

I think that is a great and very fair policy! Great post GG!

I think thats a great idea, im currently testing the Boccieri heavy wood so if anybody has any questions or comments good or bad let me know, hopefully im doing THP and Boccieri Proud

I like this new policy. I hope it will keep some testers more involved and on point. Thanks for all you guys do.

I agree, and like the new policy

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

great policy GG i think thats very fair. now the companies and the rest of THP forum members aren't cheated from people not fulfilling there obligations. i love hearing different peoples feedback just not 1 or 2 people.

I am in total agreement herd. If anything this makes you check yourself and make sure you are living up to both THP and the companies expectations. Testing is not a receive a free club program, it is a long term testing/answer people's question/validate company's claims privilege.

Like it. Like it a lot

Great post and an even better policy. Hopefully this will dissuade people from using this as nothing else than a reason to get free gear.

great policy GG i think thats very fair. now the companies and the rest of THP forum members aren't cheated from people not fulfilling there obligations. i love hearing different peoples feedback just not 1 or 2 people.

+1 Bj, I have seen people post very little about some products I am interested in. I feel if there are 5 testers I want to hear from all 5, and if there are 20 I want to hear from more than 12, even if something the tester is thinking has been posted, just pop in and verify what that person said, and then try and update all of you thoughts to that point at least every week or week and a half. I am in favor of this policy 100%, THP and especially the manufacturers deserve your honest opinion over many testings of the product and that is what they should receive.

I love the new policy and love the fact that some more forum testing is coming down the pike.

Great policy moving forward! Thanks!

I agree with everyone here. Great new policy and everyone is from the members to the participating company. Thanks for all you do THP and it's members

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Like others, I think this is a solid solution to a problem that we hopefully do not see again.

GG & JB way to go, I wholeheartedly agree. I have a suggestion, you may have thought of this before, but here we go...

I'm not sure if this has been done, but it might be helpful to choose some example posts, both acceptable quality and exceptional posts, and place them into a closed thread called "Tester Posting Expectation Examples." Maybe split the posts up with sub-sections for "First two weeks" "First month" or whatever interval meets the minimum expected criteria so those who sign up and get chosen for testing have no question about what they should be doing. Every time you post a call for new testing, you can refer to this thread and when you send out PMs to chosen testers, you can require they respond with an affirmative about having read the posting policy and the thread examples and that poor performance will result in a request to return the equipment.

I know this is the second or third suggestion I have made that would cause extra work! I would be totally willing to help and I'm sure others would as well to nominate and aggregate some of those posts.

Anyhoo, just my two cents, I fully support your goals on this and thank you for running such a vibrant community.

Liking the new policy! Provides a good solution to a problem, and would also provide some accountability to the testers.

I genuinely love this new implementation. Sad it has to be this way, but I think its a good policy to have.

Sad this had to be posted but very well put GG. People who have tested equipment in the past can tell you that its a ton of work, but a lot of fun as well. I would never have thought this would have to happen.

GG & JB way to go, I wholeheartedly agree. I have a suggestion, you may have thought of this before, but here we go...

I'm not sure if this has been done, but it might be helpful to choose some example posts, both acceptable quality and exceptional posts, and place them into a closed thread called "Tester Posting Expectation Examples." Maybe split the posts up with sub-sections for "First two weeks" "First month" or whatever interval meets the minimum expected criteria so those who sign up and get chosen for testing have no question about what they should be doing. Every time you post a call for new testing, you can refer to this thread and when you send out PMs to chosen testers, you can require they respond with an affirmative about having read the posting policy and the thread examples and that poor performance will result in a request to return the equipment.

I know this is the second or third suggestion I have made that would cause extra work! I would be totally willing to help and I'm sure others would as well to nominate and aggregate some of those posts.

Anyhoo, just my two cents, I fully support your goals on this and thank you for running such a vibrant community.

This is an interesting suggestion. Yes, that would be a lot of work but I am always up for extra work if it helps the forum. My only concern is that people will take what they see as 'correct' and just mimic it without using any personal creativity. There isn't 1 set in stone way to do things, but it could be used as a guideline as long as people know it is just that, a guideline. Let me think about this one some more.

This is an interesting suggestion. Yes, that would be a lot of work but I am always up for extra work if it helps the forum. My only concern is that people will take what they see as 'correct' and just mimic it without using any personal creativity. There isn't 1 set in stone way to do things, but it could be used as a guideline as long as people know it is just that, a guideline. Let me think about this one some more.

GG, yes, I would hate to see the creativity washed out of THP, it is one of the things I love about this place.

I think it is a great policy. Most of the time with products the first month is the honeymoon phase. That is why so many of us keep changing equipment. Never satisfied after the initial excitement.

Ok everyone, we are looking to do some more forum equipment testing, and I hate having to post in this thread but there are some things we need to talk about. When doing equipment testing it's not a 1 post a week job and it's not a job where you post after 5 rounds and then never post again. This is a long term, tedious task that requires constant feedback. We want to hear how you feel about the clubs, how are they working, how is the technology, is it living up to the hype, how does it sound, how does it feel, is it performing as advertised? We don't want to hear how your game is doing, what I want to hear is how the club is working. For example "The driver was launching much higher than my current driver," or "I was seeing a lot of backspin..", "The advertised X technology of Y club is not living up to my expectation, it claims it will do this but it's doing that." You get the picture. You are also there to answer questions because people want to know how it's performing and they will be asking you questions and it's your responsibility to answer them.

Take Videos if you can, post your thoughts, and if you are going out to play a round of golf, make sure to bring the club with you. This is going to be a testing process that lasts months and months, not 5 times out on the course. If these are responsibilities that you are not interested in fulfilling then please do not sign up. I am going to implement a new rule, per the companies requests, if you cannot and do not fulfill your responsibilities as explained here then you will be required to return the merchandise so a new tester can be selected to hopefully finish the duties you could not. If you have questions about how you are doing as a tester, just ask. But if you are in the thread everyday and talking about the club you are testing, and answering the other forum members questions then you probably already know you are doing a good job.

Love the new policy. Perhaps long overdue!

Very good idea. If I were being honest with myself I was feeling like my testing of the Nikes was not up to par with the rest of my fellow testers so far. I apologize for that and will put my nose to the grindstone and do far better moving forward.

I think the new policy is good, I just have a question about structure, are there ever specific questions the companies have that they would like testers to answer? Is there a sheet to fill our or some recommendations on how to summarize the findings, I know you could copy and paste someone else's that has already posted, but I was curious if there was a THP recommendation.

Back