What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got out today and got a great surprise, the Valley course was opening today and I would be playing it! This was great news as I've missed playing that course and its good to have it back and having the option of the two courses again. It is without question the easier of the two courses tee to green but putting it is very difficult but from one tee in from the tips it plays too 70.8/130 which is much much easier than the Mountain course, anyway to my round, decent day but right now my driver is killing me cause its just balloning on me and I'm losing a ton of yards. Can't wait for the new shaft to get here, but anyway the wind was really up today which it wasn't supposed to be, and it rained quite a bit which it wasn't supposed to but it was a great day on the course none the less.

40/42 so an 82 if you can't add.

1 bird
8 pars
6 bogeys
3 doubles, two of which were made with less than 100 yards into the green from the fairway.

It's been close to two months, but I hit the course for 9 holes in a major gale wind today. Sustained 30 mph with gusts over 50 making it tough just to stand up, lol. Surprisingly the ball was not effected all that much by the wind, other than full wedge shots and a few putts. No idea what I actually shot, I never even checked the score when my buddy dropped me off, but driving was very solid and putting not bad. My short game was really bad overall, but I can do something about that pretty quickly.

Feel like I just left the ring with a pro-welter weight, that wind just takes everything out of me.

It's been close to two months, but I hit the course for 9 holes in a major gale wind today. Sustained 30 mph with gusts over 50 making it tough just to stand up, lol. Surprisingly the ball was not effected all that much by the wind, other than full wedge shots and a few putts. No idea what I actually shot, I never even checked the score when my buddy dropped me off, but driving was very solid and putting not bad. My short game was really bad overall, but I can do something about that pretty quickly.

Feel like I just left the ring with a pro-welter weight, that wind just takes everything out of me.

The wind was tough down in Georgia today buddy and I felt like a Pro Heavy weight just knocked my lights out :bulgy-eyes:. I think we will both sleep well tonight :thumb:

Shot an 81 in TERRIBLE conditions. The course was sopping wet. 7 out of 18 holes had the greens closed so they had a pin in the middle of the fairway. It was straight ghetto. First -8 of the year so I felt pretty good about my game today. Holed a chip from the fairway for Par after a wayward drive.

Tap Tap Taparoo

The wind was tough down in Georgia today buddy and I felt like a Pro Heavy weight just knocked my lights out :bulgy-eyes:. I think we will both sleep well tonight :thumb:

You got that right. I'm almost already out, haha

93 in some massive winds. I used a three wood on a 148 yard par 3, aimed it 45 degrees to the left, hit it well and came up just short.

Cold and Muddy today.. Couple of bad holes, good day overall.

Nutters Crossing Golf Course
HOLE123456789OUT101112131415161718INTOTAL
67.3/121

White
Handicap5931171311715 14212816101864
Par443534444355444344343570
Score444655445415546444243879

I shot an awful 86 today. Like most have said, the wind was brutal. I really tried to talk the guys into cancelling, it was that bad. I need to see some green grass badly. So tired of playing wet, muddy conditions and dormant bermuda. Maybe its time for a little trip to South Florida.

Shot a 37 on 9 holes at Rio Salado in Tempe. It was a good day.

Shot a 39 at Diablo Hills (Calif) would have been better if I had some 1 putts, 19 putts total

Shot 78 today. 40/38. Wind was a mess today. It was blowing 20-30 mph consistently and could never figure it out. I only hit 5 greens. Yes, I said that right, 5 greens and still shot 78. My putter was awful though. Could've easily gotten a birdie or 2 or saved a couple pars if my flat stick would've helped me out. I lipped out 4 times. It was just that day where I could've easily shot 73 if my putter would've been okay. It was okay though. Considering how sore I am from a hard workout on Friday and how cold and windy it was. I'll walk out with a 78. Never made a huge mistake or a double. Gotta stay positive. I'll break par soon enough. Patience is a virtue.

Shot 78 (+8) after being +5 after 3 (I haven't picked up a club in 5 weeks). Played at my new golf club today (well almost new - my application is under review which takes about a week). I loved the 3 hour and 40 min round (compared to 4 1/2 hour round at my previous club) and the 5 minute round-trip commute (compared to 1 hour 45 mins to my previous place). Shaving 3 hours off the time I spend playing golf is worth the few extra dollars I pay now (which was needed with baby #3 coming any day now)!

90 at Pine Hills CC in Calhoun, La. Front nine was brutal. Trying to put in new swing changes from my lessons is gonna be tougher than I thought... Windy and wet didn't help... Oh well. I'm just glad to have gotten out there!

Well, I haven't posted to this thread in a while... Its currently snowing up here in Canada and I haven't played golf since Christmas. However, I haven't posted my scores from my Christmas trip to Mexico City. I was down there for a family Christmas for 11 days and managed to pay 9 rounds as we were staying at a Country Club. I started off rough, but started to lower my scores after a couple rounds. I got one good round, and after that I had a hard time keeping my scores low as I was pressuring myself a bit too much. On the last hole of the last round I shot 3 balls into the water with a score of 12 on a par 5. The best hole of the trip was a birdie on a 370 yard par 4. Its my first birdie, so I'm pretty happy about it. Here are my scores for the trip: 121, 119, 111, 118, 102, 113, 125, 124 and 120. I am going to go for a couple more lessons int he next few weeks and am planning another week in Mexico to practice before the THP Outing in May!

Shot a bleh 43/45 for an 88. I was still having alot of success hitting hybrid off the tee, but I was getting no distance with the Driver. I hit my irons fairly well, but I couldn't hit my wedges AT ALL, worst day in quite some time. My short game was beyond pathetic. The greens were in horrific shape, so I had a pretty poor day putting as well.

I probalby would have played better if I had hit 4 iron off the tee more. Like I said I was hitting my hybrid really well, but that was still putting me too close on a good portion of the par 4's. I hit most of my greens from 150 yds out or more, thanks to my wedges being so bad.

Stats:
10/14 fw's
4 greens
33 putts
2 penatly strokes

Had a brilliant front 9 of 41 that featured a lipped out birdie and a 3 putt bogey so it really could have been a 39...then hit #12 and the wheels fell off.....I went double, triple, triple, triple on 12-15 to blow up and shoot 50 on the back for a 91

Had a brilliant front 9 of 41 that featured a lipped out birdie and a 3 putt bogey so it really could have been a 39...then hit #12 and the wheels fell off.....I went double, triple, triple, triple on 12-15 to blow up and shoot 50 on the back for a 91

Rough few holes but all together a solid round TBT

93 in some massive winds.

The wind was tough down in Georgia today buddy

Yes, it was. I'd say 20mph steady with gusts down here. Shot a pretty nice 45 on the front considering the conditions, then it kind of fell apart for a 95 total. Had some great wind shots though, which was my "take-away" good thought for the day. From 150 out, I'd say there was about a 40yd lateral blow on the course; meaning you had to aim at least 40yd either way of the green to have a shot at it. On a 120yd downhill par 3, I flushed a super smooth 8i and ended up 10yds short of the fringe. :angry:

Yes, it was. I'd say 20mph steady with gusts down here. Shot a pretty nice 45 on the front considering the conditions, then it kind of fell apart for a 95 total. Had some great wind shots though, which was my "take-away" good thought for the day. From 150 out, I'd say there was about a 40yd lateral blow on the course; meaning you had to aim at least 40yd either way of the green to have a shot at it. On a 120yd downhill par 3, I flushed a super smooth 8i and ended up 10yds short of the fringe. :angry:

Good going buddy, I always try to have some positives to think about even when the score is not what I would have wanted.

Had a very nice round today on an amazing course. Shot 43/45 best round I've shot since getting hurt. Sadly one of the holes we played was a temp tee box and because of which we didn't see the sign showing the hole had water in front of the entire green and because the temp tee it was only 225 yards to reach the water and thats right we all put them in not knowing it. lolololol The only thing that bothered me was all the "pro's" I played with today (all friends) wanted to play from the gold cause the yardage was 6200 even though the started told us he recommends the blue cause it plays a lot longer than the card says. So for a course with a rating of 70.3/128 I'm really happy but would love to see how I would of shot from the blue's instead.

Shot 40/38 for a +6, playing with the Hex Chrome. Like the ball, just not quite as much as the Black. Only hit 7 greens today, but I really got the short game in gear on the back 9. The PING In LIL WACK-E has earned a spot in the starting lineup for next weekend....don't know how long the Ghost will stay on the bench, but LIL WACK-E showed some serious promise today.

Walked 9 this morning at this little executive course. 34 on the front, 3 over. Ball striking was good and putting was good too, but chipping was off today. Pretty simple course although some holes are pretty tight with trees lining both sides.

112 yes 112! i imploded today we had 30 mph winds the greens had white bits which stuck to the ball i think they was grass feed. But i didnt hold my concentration to well.
I kept dropping my shoulder on the start of my down swing resulting in some really ugly shots.

Well, like many of you, I had to fight the strong winds today. This was my first round out (N.E. Ohio golf in March?!?) and the course rust showed. Driver was worthless, and the lone highlight of the front 9 was a chip in to save par and my r11 picked up right where it left off being a fairway finding machine.

Enter back 9.

We couldn't play 10 because of course construction so we started on 11.

I left the driver in the bag and teed off with the 4 wood for the entire back 9. I hit 5/8 GIR, and didn't lose any balls (fairways are nonexistent this early in the season). I ended up finishing the back with a 35 which included all pars after the first 3 holes. My putting and chipping were iffy but I rarely put my ball out of position off of the tee, and the majority of greens. It was a great first round!

Nice job! Gotta love March golf, even if it is windy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back