THP homepage reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
THP just celebrated a well deserved anniversary the other day due in a large part to how they handle business with the industry. Through testing, reviews, events.....etc. In order to keep celebrating anniversaries year in and year out we have to continue to support the community. That means when a review is released we should take time, read it and comment on it.

The folks reviewing out some serious thought and energy behind their work. The least we can do is show them some love with a comment and read. This is very important on the homepage as the world sees these reviews. If you saw a review with a few comments, how great would your interest be? The OEMS read those homepage reviews. People on the other side of the world are searching these items. Lets put a little more effort behind the homepage when a review is released. Not just when we can being it from a contest. It may not be in your pondering but that shouldn't matter. I'm asking that we do a better job of supporting our homepage reviews.

THP just celebrated a well deserved anniversary the other day due in a large part to how they handle business with the industry. Through testing, reviews, events.....etc. In order to keep celebrating anniversaries year in and year out we have to continue to support the community. That means when a review is released we should take time, read it and comment on it.

The folks reviewing out some serious thought and energy behind their work. The least we can do is show them some love with a comment and read. This is very important on the homepage as the world sees these reviews. If you saw a review with a few comments, how great would your interest be? The OEMS read those homepage reviews. People on the other side of the world are searching these items. Lets put a little more effort behind the homepage when a review is released. Not just when we can being it from a contest. It may not be in your pondering but that shouldn't matter. I'm asking that we do a better job of supporting our homepage reviews.

I always make it a point to comment on the reviews on the homepage. It's in the thread that I feel weird writing the same thing. I guess I should comment in both places.

Just how many views the homepage actually gets daily wasn't clear to me until chatting back and forth with JB about testing. I may still be the new guy on the reviews....but.... I love this post Freddie.

Good post Freddie, I do try hard to comment on each new post on the homepage, especially the reviews. All of the reasons you give are so very true.

Thanks Freddie. We seem to talk about this at least once a year. I sort of got tired of standing on that soap box because it never really changes. You are right that the industry pays close attention to the home page and that our writers put a huge amount of time into their work. For a community that prides itself on supporting each other I'm always surprised at where that support starts and ends.

Thanks Freddie, I know it means a lot to me to see all the comments when a review of mine hits the homepage. It goes beyond just my personal satisfaction too like you mentioned. A lot of the OEM's that send equipment for review do not hang out on the forum, they look at the homepage article and see the comments to see how much buzz that review has or has not generated. The more comments the better!

Freddie....as always, you rock bro!

Well said Freddie. I have to admit I never gave going to their sites an posting direct feedback. I will make a point of doing so. I honestly thought they had or have a representative that reads through them here through some sort of agreement with THP Enterprise. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I think a reminder is always good. Sometimes I can get caught up in the forums and forget about some of the other parts of the website.

Don't forget to share the home page articles on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Very well said Freddie. I am guilty of this myself, so I will try to do a better job taking the time to thoroughly read the review and comment.

For a community that prides itself on supporting each other I'm always surprised at where that support starts and ends.

It happens with certain testings too. All I will say is that THP is a place where people can come enjoy their free time. If that free time is spent on the forum as opposed to the home page than we cant really fault them. Just be glad that they choose to spend their time blessing our community with their presence, rather than someone else's.

I know that I used to be an almost forum-only member. But Ive turned over somewhat of a new leaf lately and really found that I was missing out. I am guilty of not leaving a "Great review James!" or "Interesting stuff Ryan" at times, but I do make a point to read all of the reviews.

Great call man.. I'm definitely up for that challenge.

Nice post Freddie. There is a whole lot more to THP than just the forum, although it's easy for folks to come straight here and miss out.

I agree Freddie. I do once in awhile, but need to make the effort to not just read, but comment more often.

Pretty crazy only seeing about 20 replies with the shear number of members on this site. Often times it seems only 4 or 5 even send it on to twitter or FB.

Thanks for the reminder Freddie!

I was told once that the sooner one realizes that people will use THP for whatever their own personal reasons are the better. I've made numerous posts just like yours Freddie. I've written tons of reviews and articles and saw the same consistent people commenting over and over. I took it way to personally and as a result, well, I'm not 1/3 of the person now that I used to be in this community. A healthy reminder is always a good thing but forcing the issue doesn't really fix anything. I assume that some people don't want to read about a training aid or a shirt or a putter or a shaft or a driver. Perhaps it's good to celebrate the quality of work being posted on the homepage and let's just hope that in the digital world, impressions mean more than posts, because IMO, they do.

Thanks for the reminder! We could all do better.

Freddie,
I think you have incredible intentions with your post as do many here. However I think we must also remember that everybody that comes to THP uses it as a different tool. Some use it for friendly banter while at work to kill the time, others have used it to impact their life and make great friends. We have more than a quarter of a million readers to THP each month and that says something about the work being done by the people on the home page. They do incredible things with what is given to them and people have taken notice.

I think its best to sit back and let people choose how they want to spent their THP time and enjoy their company. The more people experience of this place through events, forum chatter and home page reading, the more they usually enjoy it. Sheer numbers of those that take participation to another level will always be rather low, but any participation is good participation and THP has enjoyed the growth that each new reader brings.

Remember to state your own opinion on the reviews too. A bunch of "Nice review, (name)" don't help out the readers. Give your opinions on the product, good or bad. When I look at reviews of products that I am looking to purchase I pay attention to things people DON't like about about it. Those are the things that you will decide if you can live with or not.

I'm not saying to tear apart the reviews, but remember to add your thoughts as well.

Good Post Freddie, I always try to comment on the Home Page and in the thread

Thanks for all the comments and yes people THP in different ways and that is what makes this place so great. I'm not trying to offend anyone just voicing an observation. In the end if your THPing it's a good thing.

Remember to state your own opinion on the reviews too. A bunch of "Nice review, (name)" don't help out the readers. Give your opinions on the product, good or bad. When I look at reviews of products that I am looking to purchase I pay attention to things people DON't like about about it. Those are the things that you will decide if you can live with or not.

I'm not saying to tear apart the reviews, but remember to add your thoughts as well.

It's interesting you put it that way.. Is it less ideal to say nothing at all, or give an honest "nice review" responses? At least that's some recognition to the guys and gals who work their tails off reviewing around here, even if the more constructive discussions are had on the thread created in the forum for the review.

Good post and replies in here. Can understand the frustration on various ends at times but also understand the dynamic of the community and people's choices and that's what makes THP so great. Hopefully those that read the reviews and are invested in all aspects I the community will see this and realize leaving a quick post is a nice gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back