PGA Show Coverage Recap

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the next few days you are going to be bombarded with coverage. Everything from in hand pictures, raw video footage and more of our exclusive THP TV interviews with industry leaders in every category. It is our goal to bring you closer to the industry than you have ever been before and do so with exclusive content. As we edit, upload and list everything, I wanted to take a few minutes and jot down some thoughts that I have had since the conclusion and recap the show for you to the best of my abilities.

GolferGal and I got in at about 1pm or so on Tuesday and went over to the convention center to get our media badges for the entire crew for the week. This included demo day, pre-show access and everything we would need to get going for the week. On the way down we ran into Pukka and had a chance to catch up for a bit and give them some accessories they requested from us for their own booth. From there it was condo check in, unpack and get ready because Show Week kicked off for us Tuesday evening.

At 6pm or so we met up with Cobra Golf over drinks. Talked about the new line, the Morgan Cup and the PGA Show that was about to start. We were having so much fun that we forgot it was supposed to only last a couple of hours because we were meeting Callaway Golf,SeeMore Golf and Cleveland later in the evening. What started out as 3-4 people having a drink or two ended up with four companies and about 15-18 people in one section discussing the industry, THP's plans for 2013 and more. During this time, Tadashi70 had picked up Jman from the airport for us and met the entire crew of people at our area. Poor Jman coming to the show for the 1st time and being completely thrown into this mix, but he handled it incredibly well and got to meet so many people that evening.

We were back at the condo around midnight and up the next morning for demo day at 6am or so. Tadashi met us all at demo day and we started our trek around the circle range (we walk it about 5 times during demo day). Video after video was shot during the day and TONS of pictures as the guys worked their tails off at every booth getting the shots that we know everybody loves to see. Before leaving demo day, we had our Jesper Parnevik interview and then it was back to the condo for a couple of hours to get showered and changed before meeting people for dinner. Dinner Wednesday was with Bridgestone Golf & GolfPride and we had a wonderful bottle of wine and chatted about THP, and plans for 2013. What a great night.

From there we met up with Cookie that was flying in in time for Thursday coverage and had a quick drink before heading back to the condo for the night. Thursday morning it was all business as we made it to the show early and got to kickstart coverage. Booth after booth the team walked, shot video and took pictures all the while making sure we had everything covered for everybody. 8 hours on the show floor and it was time to call it a day and we headed back for the evening. Thursday was our "relax" night as we went out for dinner, saw a few minutes of THE Hashtag Chad and then called it a night as we were all exhausted.

Friday came quick and once again at the show to walk the entire floor multiple times to make sure we got all of our work done. Skeeball with TaylorMade, Tour Player interviews, Harry & Chad from Callaway keeping us laughing and tons of footage from every single booth. After the show concluded for the day, we once again went back to the place before meeting up with TaylorMade, adidas and Adams for dinner and drinks and we were joined by the folks at KBS. What a wonderful time seeing old friends and chatting up everything from their tour success to our favorite shoes. At about 9pm, we were going to call it a night, but the crazy folks from Callaway Golf strolled in as we were leaving and we ended up talking about equipment for the next 2 hours before finally hitting the pillow.

Saturday is a day to capture a few things that we missed and then say our goodbyes to everybody. Jman and Cookie had early flights and it was time to wrap up another year of the PGA Show. They are long days, hard work, but in the end, we know the coverage is a lot of fun for everybody and worth it for the week.

I want to take a second and thank Tadashi for making it to his second year of the PGA Show. Working tirelessly on whatever is needed and despite not feeling all that well, took swings to film when asked. He is a truly a wonderful ambassador to THP and had us laughing the entire show.

Jman and Cookie both made their show debuts this year and got to see a little bit of behind the scenes action of what makes THP unique. These two worked their butts off from the time they landed until the time they left for home with little sleep, and never said a word except thank you. They were incredible with coverage and over the next few days, you will see the fruits of their labors.

That brings me to GolferGal. She was not feeling it this year because we were already behind on a few things. Yet in the end, she does it better than anybody else. She is the reason that the coverage gets done. The reason that all of the meetings happen. And of course the reason THP is so special.

Kudos to the people that made this show possible in Jman, Cookie, Tadashi and GolferGal. They were stars and you are going to love what they captured.

You all rule. For real!

The live coverage was nothing short of amazing and knowing that it's only been a fraction of what's to come is unbelievable.

Everyone deserves a very large thank you.

Thanks for all the great coverage. Best there is out there!!!

Thanks for that little insight as to what goes on in the background. Coverage was fun to follow this year and I am looking forward to all the pictures and interviews of the booths.

What a job you guys did! Hats off to all of you

TapaTalk from the iPhone

thanks for all the time and effort!! ITs much appreciated.

The guys deserve all the credit this year, JB, tadashi, Jman and mcook77 busted their butts and got amazing coverage this year. JB is right, I wasn't feeling it, I just wasn't feeling myself out there this year, maybe it was exhaustion, I don't know but I was not much help out there and truthfully a bit cranky (sorry guys!). So a huge thanks goes out to the guys because they did an incredible job with the coverage and if/when my internet ever stops being bogged down from all these picture uploads, you will start seeing all the amazing pictures they took.

Awesome recap JB! Thank you, GG, Tadashi, Jman & Cookie for getting things done over there! Enjoyed the coverage so far, and I bet I will enjoy it even more during the following days!

Great read, and thank you all for the non-stop, exhausting efforts that you guys did to bring this to us at home.

Jeez those sound like some long days. Thanks to all of you for taking part in them. I can't wait for the footage to start rolling out.

Major props to THP's coverage of the PGA Show. With the info provided during and after the show, I've felt absolutely no need to pursue answers/photos/video from anywhere else.

great recap, and thanks for providing the best coverage around

Well put, and kudos to you and your team JB!

Great job by the entire THP staff, looking forward to all the content.

You all did an outstanding job and should all be very proud of the coverage you have brought to us. Without that work you do we would not be able to see things from an insider's point of view. Thanks guys!!!

Looking forward to the fruit of your labor. Thanks to the PGA Crew for all your hard work!

LtEvO TaPpEd

You all did an outstanding job and should all be very proud of the coverage you have brought to us. Without that work you do we would not be able to see things from an insider's point of view. Thanks guys!!!

You would be shocked at how many still talk about the THP Party from 2 years ago. Everybody we saw still spoke about that night.

You all rule. For real!

Truer words were never spoken. Thank you for all of your tireless work. It's absolutely what makes THP so special.

It's been great to watch this year and we're only getting started!! Thank you guys!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was just delighted to be invited and it definitely met/exceeded any preconceived notions/expectations that I had.

If invited back, I would do it again without hesitation - amazing experience.

That was a great recap and your efforts are appreciated so much. I know we've only scratched the surface so far of what you've photo'd and video'd. And what we've seen just so far has been fantastic. You guys and gal have really done a great job and thanks so much.

The thing I was excited about the most in your post above was all the fairly informal meetings and dinners/drinks you had with the industry players, talking about THP and the partnerships you're developing for the year. That's just so exciting and I'm happy I'm a very, very small part of all that goes on here.

Thank all of you for the tireless work. This community is what it is because of the selfless hours that all you put in. We just get to hang out and reap the benefits. Well done.

A huge Thank You to the THP team for all their great coverage of the show!! Job well done!!!

Back