Hello from a transplanted CHEESEHEAD

gapwedge

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm new to this site and apologize for not saying hello before I started answering posts here.

I'm retired USN cpo and retired from golf course maintenence as well. I live in Midlothian Virginia with my wife and youngest (and last) daughter. I was born and raised in SE Wisconsin (Waukesha), and have brought my loyalty to the Packers, Badgers, and Braves with me to Virginia via numerous stops along the way withthe Navy Dept. Some interesting places I've lived are, Charleston SC, Newport RI, SanDiego, Barbers Point HI, Christchurch NZ, Rota Spain, Sigonella Sicily, Norfolk Va and Brunswick Me. Some had golf courses, some did not. All were enjoyable and I wouldn't trade my 25 years for anything.

I have played golf since I was 11 years old and have been at times great, good, a beginner and always "into" my game. I've played winter golf in Wisconsin and Maine, used "Astro" turf mats in GITMO Cuba in place of turf on the course (Castro turned off the water in the earliy 60's) and putted on rolled sand greens, took advantage of all the courses I could in Hawaii, played St Andrews-twice- knocked the ball around in New Zealand, and have played almost all the courses in Virginia that I could afford or beg my way on. Suffice to say I love the game alot.

Now that I'm completely retired from any hard labor (painted my house for the last time), I'm going to enjoy getting around and seeing my grandchildren in NH and Maine and visiting my sister in Wisconsin (always go to the Bears game in Lambeau) when I visit yearly! I found this site by accident and have really enjoyed reading the threads and seeing all the loyal and dedicated golfers that love the game as much as I do.

I will post as often as I can and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for reading my new novel! "BZ" to all Gapwedge

I'll be the first to say WELCOME gap! Your gonna love it here. Great people, opportunities, and events!!!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Welcome to the forum!

Tappin' from my iPad!

:welcome:

Welcome!!

Tap tap taparoo

Welcome to another cheesehead.

welcome to THP!! Look for partytrailer.com @ Lambeau this Dec 25

Welcome to THP!

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

tapatalk addict....

Welcome aboard buddy!

:welcome: and thank you for your service! Enjoy the site.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard Chief!

welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP and thanks for your service to our country!

played St Andrews-twice
WOW- I wonder how many THPers could make that claim??!!! Welcome to THP

Back