The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is parenting. Speaking as a parent, I think most Parents today are afraid to let their kids 'fail' like mine did when I was growing up. Kids pick up on this and take advantage of it and become entitled because they know mom and dad will always pick them up if they fall or even worse bail them out if they get in any kind of trouble. Couple this with the 'everyone is a winner' mentality (which nauseates me) that's in today's school systems in the K-6th grade range and you have a bunch of buttery forged softies. This bleeds into work ethic and personal lives. I see it more and more with the new generation of the work force but you need to adapt to this somehow because as more of the 'older generation' retires the more of the new blood comes in and if you don't adpat then you'll die a slow death on the corporate vine and not maintain good talent.

Technology Nate. Kids don't need parents or elders to learn "lessons", instead they have wiki and google. They miss out on life experiences because of it.

My theory is parenting. Speaking as a parent, I think most Parents today are afraid to let their kids 'fail' like mine did when I was growing up. Kids pick up on this and take advantage of it and become entitled because they know mom and dad will always pick them up if they fall or even worse bail them out if they get in any kind of trouble. Couple this with the 'everyone is a winner' mentality (which nauseates me) that's in today's school systems in the K-6th grade range and you have a bunch of buttery forged softies. This bleeds into work ethic and personal lives. I see it more and more with the new generation of the work force but you need to adapt to this somehow because as more of the 'older generation' retires the more of the new blood comes in and if you don't adpat then you'll die a slow death on the corporate vine and not maintain good talent.
great post. This is why I only coached high school basketball for 1 year.

There are exceptions to every rule for sure (and I think you are one of them!) You're a good seed Jesse, make no mistake. I think many times us "adults" get stuck in a position and can't move any further up in a company so a decision has to be made. Move on to greener fields or stay in your stuck position. I think many stay and regreat it later on. But other things have to also be considered like family, bills, etc.

My original post was supposed to say young adults, not you'd adults. Understand the rant though and even from my perspective, I see it all the time.

At the risk of sounding like an old man, I'm going to ask this question - How did the youth of today become such a "entitled" bunch? I continue to be amazed at how the new and younger employees demand the same benefits and pay as those that have been established and producing employees in a company. They don't want to work for anything, do the overtime or attend the company outings so that they can be seen. Nope, instead they demand to have what the others have and it flat out amazes me even today. Where did this come from? Parents that gave them everything? Robin Hood theory of everyone must be equal? Government plans of no class system? Where did this "entitlement" come from or has it always been there? I thought one had to work their way to the top but now it seems like that has been replaced with the do as little as possible and then demand a better position.

The root of the entitlement society begins with Participation Trophies.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Im in the middle of my worst round in a very long time.

Tapin for bird

Im in the middle of my worst round in a very long time.

Tapin for bird
Now you are pressing to play better. Just quit keeping score, and hit the ball, keep it in front of you, and quit thinking about how many strokes you take.

The wife got me for all kinds of yard work today, MY day off. I should have been suspicious when she kept asking when/if I was playing golf today. The F7 showing up didn't help my cause either.

The wife got me for all kinds of yard work today, MY day off. I should have been suspicious when she kept asking when/if I was playing golf today. The F7 showing up didn't help my cause either.

Hey it happens! Glad to see you got the F7 dude. I wish they made it in LH though

My rant when people blast their music at 6 am every morning next door. . .

Rant: daughter has an upper respiratory infection, having two give her Nebulizer treatments 3x a day for the next week.

Every tried to give a neb treatment to an almost two year old?

Rant: daughter has an upper respiratory infection, having two give her Nebulizer treatments 3x a day for the next week.

Yes, yes I have. I'm sorry dude, it's not easy but damned if it doesn't help. Foster had to have 3 treatments a day for the first 2 1/2 years of his life. It ain't cheap either.

that stinks man but I do like your avatar

Me too and it was terrible, but it got much better over time. I sat him in my lap and we watched youtube videos of Mickey or whatever else he was into at the moment and that ended up calming him down. Good luck!

We had to do this with my son 2 months ago, I feel you pain. It really is mentally exhausting and very frustrating, you just feel so bad for them because they have no idea what the heck is going on. We finally gave in and let my son hold it and he was perfectly fine after that...(hard-headed little guy).

Ugh, yeah my oldest nephew had to have them until was around 3. It was a bear at first but eventually he actually started doing them for himself. I set his little machine up and he would chill out with the treatment, plus I was the cool uncle who bought him crap if he behaved :)

Yes sir...........it's fun as you're finding out! Good luck!

Dragging hard today and it's only 10:30. Wife woke me up 2hr before my alarm went off to kill a cockroach in the kitchen. Seriously? You can't kill a &^*&@# bug by yourself?

Dragging hard today and it's only 10:30. Wife woke me up 2hr before my alarm went off to kill a cockroach in the kitchen. Seriously? You can't kill a &^*&@# bug by yourself?

hahaha that's crazy, my girlfriends boss woke up at 3 am because she saw a cockroach crawling on her pillow, so she sat up and stared at it in fear for 2 hours instead of killin it, then she went to the couch and slept there instead lol, what a dork.

Gets some coffee or something man

that's just an extra 2 hrs at the range for you now man...

Yes, yes I have. I'm sorry dude, it's not easy but damned if it doesn't help. Foster had to have 3 treatments a day for the first 2 1/2 years of his life. It ain't cheap either.
Yeah man, she's doing alright with it. They gave her a fun animal shaped mask, she likes wearing it but hates sitting still when she has to do it.

my rant, when events or classes start at random times, such as 8:46 or 9:55 lol

Yeah man, she's doing alright with it. They gave her a fun animal shaped mask, she likes wearing it but hates sitting still when she has to do it.

Went through the same thing years ago with my son. They gave him a fish shaped mask. After the first few times, he did not mind it too badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back