Whitlam Gauge Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
James M is back with his latest review and this one is on the Whitlam and Gauge putters.

http://bit.ly/QgzBrx

really good review, that Little Dog looks sooooo nice..

Great job from top to bottom there, James. I think I'm more a fan of the Whitlam line just because of the simplicity factor. That 8802 is just ridiculous looking. Pretty cool that it's one of two as well.

liking that 8802, great review Jman!

Very nice review of these 2 putters James. Really interesting to hear that the thicker top line actually helped with the overall balance. I have never heard that mentioned but it does make sense given the width on these.

I remember seeing these in Iowa and the craftsmanship is up there with the best of them.

Nice review James. That #9 style really catches my eye, both are gorgeous putters

Nice review

Nicely done, that little sure is cool to look at.

Great review and thoughts Jman. Beautiful putters although the asymmetrical cutout immediately distracted my eyes. I love the wrapping caliper logo though.

On a personal note, I have read your reviews in the past and know the care and information you put into them, but you sir are a wealth of putter knowledge and can write about things I have never even considered. Well done.

Reactions: JB
Very nice review of these 2 putters James. Really interesting to hear that the thicker top line actually helped with the overall balance. I have never heard that mentioned but it does make sense given the width on these.

I remember seeing these in Iowa and the craftsmanship is up there with the best of them.

It truely does Cookie. It is so easy for me to align myself to my target and as long as I make a smooth stroke it goes where I want it.

Excellent write-up Jman!!

Great review Jman. I like the looks of the finish and design a lot. I could easily put that Little Dog in the bag (loved the description of the sound/feel) but I don't think I'd have much luck with the 8802 but it sure looks gorgeous. Nice work on the review!

Well done as always Jman. Love the looks of these putters. Regardless of what putter you review, you always do it with such passion and enthusiasm and that really comes through. I know, I appreciate it and I am sure everyone else does as well.

Nice review Jman! I love the looks of both of those so if/when I decide to go for a boutique putter, I'll give this company a look for sure!

I've been awaiting the review ever since I saw a picture of that Gauge putter. Great job! I would love to get a chance to roll it at some point.

Great job Jman, well thought out and explained. Sounds like a company to keep a close eye on moving forward.

Thanks for reading and all the kind words everyone, it really does mean alot! Seriously!

It was certainly a fun one to review, I could game the Little Dog with no problem at all in the future.

Nice Job JMAN, I really liked the looks of the "Little Dog" It really intrigued me in Iowa. I like you have always struggled with the #9 design but it is definately a good looking putter!

Love the review James! The little dog is sure easy on the eyes.

Jman good job on that review. You hit all the high points and told a good story.

One thing stood out about boutique putter companies making a big push into the industry. Since there are so many couldn't we now consider them as main stream vs boutique?

Nice review! You really got me wanting a Whitlam / Gauge putter! Those are beauties!

Jman good job on that review. You hit all the high points and told a good story.

One thing stood out about boutique putter companies making a big push into the industry. Since there are so many couldn't we now consider them as main stream vs boutique?

Thanks Freddie!

You know, I actually had this thought while writing but I look at this way, to me "mainstream" is one that you can go to a golf shop and pick up so in that definition Cameron's all the way to Odysseys and everything in between are mainstream. To me, its boutique when I have to contact the maker to purchase and can't just go grab one on a whim. That's what I came down to in my head at least :alien:, you could argue both ways for sure though.

Back