The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
And while I am at it, since I am on a roll clearly putting stuff out there and causing people to get upset, I will say this. I hate all the backroom bullsh!t that goes along with every event so much that I thought about canceling most of the events this year. Dont believe me? Ask MikeDean who I sent this to just yesterday (along with about half a dozen other times) before he talked me out of it.

I hate that every event comes with people happy or angry before they even show up due to backroom bullsh!t via chats that goes on. I hate that the THP forum gets taken off line, dissected to pieces, taken out of context and then complained about. We understand that its the nature of the beast when you introduce people through events and other things, but I have seen some of the stuff written and frankly its pretty appalling.

People can live their lives the way they want to. I enjoy my THP friends and family and do just fine chatting with them about THP on this medium.

He's not lying...I'll leave it at that

I love THP

That is all

I love THP

That is all
Im with ya there buddy.

I have had a crazy day today, but will leave my rant quite.

This is an incredible community. Glad we can have discussions without people getting ripped into. Not sure that would have been possible in the past

I don't even know anymore. I'm so damned confused and conflicted.

Food being labeled and marketed as Zero Trans Fat - what is up with that?

I had a frozen Geno's East deep dish pizza last night <insert Chicago event plug>, which is pretty much as good as the pie from the restaurant, and right on the box it says zero trans fat.

I'm eating a pile of cheese with buttery crust, greasy meat, and a little tomato sauce, and you think I'm worried about trans fat? Get outta here.

Food being labeled and marketed as Zero Trans Fat - what is up with that?

I had a frozen Geno's East deep dish pizza last night <insert Chicago event plug>, which is pretty much as good as the pie from the restaurant, and right on the box it says zero trans fat.

I'm eating a pile of cheese with buttery crust, greasy meat, and a little tomato sauce, and you think I'm worried about trans fat? Get outta here.

hahahaha that's awesome.

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
I'm cool
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far

And while I am at it, since I am on a roll clearly putting stuff out there and causing people to get upset, I will say this. I hate all the backroom bullsh!t that goes along with every event so much that I thought about canceling most of the events this year. Dont believe me? Ask MikeDean who I sent this to just yesterday (along with about half a dozen other times) before he talked me out of it.

I hate that every event comes with people happy or angry before they even show up due to backroom bullsh!t via chats that goes on. I hate that the THP forum gets taken off line, dissected to pieces, taken out of context and then complained about. We understand that its the nature of the beast when you introduce people through events and other things, but I have seen some of the stuff written and frankly its pretty appalling.

People can live their lives the way they want to. I enjoy my THP friends and family and do just fine chatting with them about THP on this medium.

I like these comments. Not just because of the topic, but because it has some raw emotion in it. its refreshing. Might sound odd, but rants like that are great. Not because its Jb or another mod, but because at times I feel people try to candy coat everything. People are so apologetic for just saying how they feel.

My 2 cents about events.

2 years ago I signed up for the Grand Cypress outing only knowing 1 person. Went down and met some good dudes, Buck, Dan and Mike D. I still think that was one of the best weekends of my life, I had such a freaking blast. After that I have been to 2 other events and with both I did not banter much in the threads and didn't think anything about it. Showing up is my support. I do not have 8 hours a day to sit at a computer, my job doesn't allow me to do that. Either way, I am sure most on here support all the events but just do not post in the threads as it's mainly banter with the actual participants. Believe me I understand...

The Economy. I hate it, it is the reason for all my problems.

Wow, I just took a break from making my #TheKing Vine video (which isn't done yet for those wondering) and see all this?! Cancel 2014 events??!! WTF? This is where I'm glad I'm not privy to that information nor do I want to know. I love this place. Who would have thought that after the Morgan Cup last year I would be trying to get smithface down here to Dallas so that I could participate and be involved with him going to his first Dallas Cowboy game. I don't even know 10% of what there is to know about him but yet I was opening up my home and weekend to him so that this could happen. Unfortunately it didn't work out but I suspect one day it will. That is what THP is about to me. That is what THP will always be about to me. Where else would that even get close to happening.

Concerning the events, I agree 100% with JB about don't wait to enter 1 or 2 events that your heart is leading you towards. Do them all (schedule permitting) cause the odds are greater than not that your heart might get broken if you go all in on just a few of 'em.

NOW.......back to my Vine!!!!

JB, Bad thing is there are going to be pot stirrers in everything in life. I've seen it in the military, I've seen it in work, I've seen it in school, I've seen it at it's absolute worst at churches I used to go to. Always going to be a few that b*tch and complain behind the scenes and try to stir the pot. The world would be a better place without them but nobodies found a way to eliminate them yet.

It's a shame there are some here too but kinda human nature I guess. Know that there are many more of us not participating in that hidden bickering.

I'm glad no events got canceled so far, they are part of what makes THP such a unique community compared to other online sites and it's why most of us are here. The free $hit is awesome, clubs, balls, the whole nine yards it's a big part of the forum (thank God) because it makes thread reading fun seeing the excitement it generates. The King I stayed away from because I honestly did think if I tried to get in one I would get chosen for the other and I'm choosing the MC, a staff bag with my name on it, a full bag of sticks, outfits, balls, and Caledonia is just a bigger bang for the buck for me, I can't afford both events this year and an invitational or two.

It sucks that there's a bunch of back room chatter about stuff, but I think it's human nature, some are cynics, pessimists, selfish, and just unhappy while others are happy, optimistic, generous and and truly happy with anything, doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right, just human. I like the events and all the excitement it generates and posts that had to be brought to the forefront today are heard loud and clear by most I think. I'm truly grateful for THP and the friends I've made here, I just hope that every event fills up with folks from across the country and the trend of invitationals and special events continues, they are too unique to forfeit.

When? Its less than 2 weeks away. Imagine if it was July and no one was paying attention to the MC? Would feel pretty crappy. I just feel bad that these guys feel unappreciated because I know for a fact they have been absolutely working their tails off.

It just will. Just let the event come closer and there will be buzz. I don't doubt for a minute that the participants I have not been working hard for the event. Their hard work will pay off in both a victory and in people cheering them on from the forum.

Dang. What the heck did I miss? I'll just throw in my 2 cents and say this.

In terms of entering for events and "caring" about them, I choose to enter events based on what I can afford. Normally Invitationals are okay for me, I might as for help but not often. The MC last year was paid in full by me. I simply can't afford to do multiple events. I know people will say this shouldn't stop me for entering, but I look at it like this. I'd rather put all my eggs in one basket and put as much effort as I can into getting one event. For me, that is the Morgan Cup. In terms of following the events, I care about the people in the events. If I have friends in the event, I will catch up with them about it when I play with them. I texted Barry to personally congratulate him. When Seth first got in, I got to play with him and we talked about the Grandaddy for a couple holes. And then, we talked about it some more at the Invitational. Sure, I'm not active in the threads, but I will browse. That's just my personal opinion.

In terms of the equipment side, that was a big reason I entered in the first place. JB's right when he says it draws people in. It certainly did for me. As someone who kind of followed the second one, I vaguely knew of the atmosphere. However, if I were to be honest, it's not the reason I entered. Equipment was. After the event though, I'd say that was completely different. JB, I did make lifelong friends. They are my teammates. I know I can go to any of them if I ever need help with anything. That's the honest to God truth.

Small rant in the grand scheme of things but I hate not having a place to hit range balls during after work this time of year. Everywhere here closes at sunset.

Small rant in the grand scheme of things but I hate not having a place to hit range balls during after work this time of year. Everywhere here closes at sunset.

Damn Jeff, that sucks.

That sucks. We have an outdoor range with basically kerosene torches hanging above you. Last time I went a turned it on and it started on fire.

Boy do I hate non profit board meetings. Holy crap.

I feel your pain. With daylights savings time by the time I get out of the office it's dark and no way to hit the range. luckily for me I have a course a couple of miles from the office and I can at least work on my putting during lunch time.

I know what you mean buddy, and I don't really like to bang balls on the range when it's freezing outside. If I lived closer to a PGA SS, I would join their Player's Club+ which gives you unlimited 30 minute sessions in their in their indoor practice center among other perks.

I know what you mean buddy, and I don't really like to bang balls on the range when it's freezing outside. If I lived closer to a PGA SS, I would join their Player's Club+ which gives you unlimited 30 minute sessions in their in their indoor practice center among other perks.

Pondering the Players Club card this year. If you sign up now you get a $50 gift card and 25% off 6 pack of lessons. Normally $220 discounted to $170.

I only backroom chatter after the events, so I can talk about the hideous outfits people were wearing behind their backs. Yuck.

Check out my new shorts!

ne8u6eny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back