Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I liked these when I saw them at THP HQ. Very solid looking stick, looking forward to some similar results that you are having with the wedges. Have fun and post as much as possible.

Those look great Jake! I hope they are great for you.

Can't wait to read more. Totally in love.

looking forward to the reviews P4B

These look very nice! Impressed by how sleek they are for a pocket cavity iron too. Looking forward to this review, expecting some good results from these!

I know you're hitting these today, Jake. I don't see how you couldn't :)

These look AMAZING. Wow.

Can't wait to hear how they work for you.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

wow they look fantastic. Looking forward to more of your thoughts jaker

I'm in love with these irons.

I'm in love with Jake, and these irons. They are almost as shiny as his head!

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Simple, classy and sessy. I love the look of the J40 irons, in both flavors.

I am dying to hit these irons, as luck would have it though it's actually raining right now. It hasn't rained all freaking summer long and I'm not even kidding. I'm holding out hope for tonight though. Oh and look who got to come to work with me today!

IMAG0236.jpg

Wouldn't you know it, we've had great weather for the past month or so and the day I get these irons it's horrible. It's supposed to be crappy tomorrow too but I think it's mainly very high winds and I don't care, I'm hitting these anyway. I have a tee time early Saturday morning but there's a good chance of rain then too...hopefully I get lucky.

Lame! I hope it clears up, Jake. I'd be dying if I were you.

Shame the great feel of these irons will be slightly hidden by the harshness of the Project X shafts. Would love to have 'em, if I did I would search for any other option for the shaft. Project X= American Fork and Hoe.

Shame the great feel of these irons will be slightly hidden by the harshness of the Project X shafts. Would love to have 'em, if I did I would search for any other option for the shaft. Project X= American Fork and Hoe.

I am sure you can swap shafts. When I hit the PX shafts I loved them but back to the irons, Bridgestone put out some great looking irons and I look forward to your thoughts Puttingforhopeyouhavegreatweather.

Alright, I finally got these out for some swings today. Early on it looked bad, in fact I called my dad and Jeff (SouthDakotaHack and DakotaGolfer) and we decided it wasn't going to work but as soon as it got light out we realized it was going to work and man are we glad we went. It was a cool and wet start but it reached mid 60s and the sun came out the wind was light and it was a perfect day.

First video: this is on the par 3 4th hole. Previous to this I had used a 9 iron on 1 (came up short) and a 7 iron on 3 (came up short) both shots were right on line. So this is an 8 iron to a hole that was 154 yds. I ended up pin high just right of the green with this shot. Mainly I just wanted to get the sound at impact, they put off a very soft feel and a really nice sound. Check it out: PS: Forgive the pants (nylon sweats) as it was cool and rainy at first!

At first the weight of the head threw me off a bit, just like it did when I first started testing the J40 wedges but I found that taking a practice swing or two before my shot really helped with that a lot. My ball flight was still a little too high today but that has been a swing flaw with me lately, nothing these irons or shafts brought on at all. Here's another video I grabbed as we were waiting for the group ahead of us to play through on a par 3. This is just a quick WITB video since they were looking all sweet in my bag.

I didn't go to the range prior to taking them straight out to the course and it was a little evident as I was just a hair off throughout the entire front 9. It wasn't bad though as I shot a 39 (+4) On the back though I started to get things worked out after I realized that I needed to just take an extra second or two to take a couple of practice swings before my shot, normally I am a feel player and rarely take practice swings but since I hadn't gotten a chance to get used to the irons I needed it. On the back 9 I had it going as well as I have all year. I bogeyed the difficult 18th hole to shoot 36 (E) on the back. So day 1 with these irons resulted in a 75 which is a personal best on this course. The shot of the day was on the 17th hole where I had 179 yds to the stick back into a little breeze. I pulled out a 5 iron that was just grooved, it felt so good I barely felt the ball tough the club. The ball flight on that shot was perfect, nice and relatively low to pierce through the wind and it just dropped onto the green perfectly. I was left with 25 feet but was pin high...two putted for a par.

Here's one last video just one more quick look at the irons after the round and a very short recap. For day 1 of testing these irons I could not be more pleased. Stay tuned, I am dying to hit these again!

Great update P4B, those looks so good in the bag

Good stuff Jake and man I am loving the way these irons look in your pics! You shot 75 and had an off day? Cool!

Congrats on the personal best P4b! Good work. The J40s (irons and wedges) are downright stunning. Are you seeing any distance loss/gains compared to the Razr Xs?

Congrats p4b. Guess these irons are working for you!

tapatalk addict....

Good stuff Jake and man I am loving the way these irons look in your pics! You shot 75 and had an off day? Cool!
Oh no, not really an off day at all just the irons took a little adjustments. Driver, wedges (J40s) and putter was money! Thanks buddy!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Congrats on the personal best P4b! Good work. The J40s (irons and wedges) are downright stunning. Are you seeing any distance loss/gains compared to the Razr Xs?
Personal best at this course yep, overall personal best is a 71 but at my home course.

Distance compared to the RXTs is hard to say right now, I think they'll be right with if not just a shade longer once I get my swing right. Based off the 3 or so iron shots that I knew I hit right I think these will give me a few more yards actually. I still have to figure that out though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Nice update Jake!! Made a very nice transition so far to be able to score that well although I understand your driver and short game was on. Congrats on the PB!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great update Jake. Congrats on the 75! It says a lot for the J40's if you can game them for the first time and shoot your personal best on a certain course. Looking forward to future thoughts these.

Back