I get to test out a new Titleist Prototype golf ball

chewie69

Reaction score
Handicap
I am pretty excited. Does anyone have any insight into what new ball this may be, and has anyone been to one of these before?

Congratulations! You have been selected to participate in our golf ball test panel. We are looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks at Woodmont Golf Club. Please review the following notes so that you are prepared for our event.

Before the Event Date
We have sent you 2 sleeves of Prototype golf balls. These golf balls should arrive in the next few days. If possible, we would like you to hit a variety of shots before our testing day. We will be looking for you to talk about how these golf balls perform for all shot types: Drives, Long Irons, Mid Irons, Wedges, Pitches, Chips & Putts.

Day of the Event:
You are scheduled for an 8:00 AM tee time at Woodmont Golf Club. As we mentioned in our original email, we will be filming parts of your round of golf, and also interviewing you on camera to gather your feedback about the golf ball. Since this filming is for use on the Titleist website, we would appreciate if you did not wear any apparel with visible branding from our competitors (Nike, Adidas, Callaway etc.). This includes your hat, shirt, shorts etc. This is your schedule for the day:

7:15 AM: Arrive at course to check in and warm up.
8:00 AM: Tee Time. Play 18 holes of golf and enjoy the prototype golf balls.
12:30 PM: Lunch and Interviews - After your round of golf, we will sit down for 5 to 10 minutes to talk about the prototype golf balls. We are interested in the performance of these golf balls for all shot types: Drives, Long Irons, Mid Irons, Wedges, Pitches, Chips & Putts. This feedback can include your round the day of the event, as well as any testing you are able to complete prior to the event.

We will provide you with 2 additional sleeves of prototype golf balls for your round on the 1st.

I will have to wear my THP hat to the event, and maybe I will be included on the website interviews. I will update this when I get the golf balls.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just got the new golfballs via Fedex today, and I am sure that a lot of people are going to be happy that it looks like Titleist is releasing a yellow ball next year.

6379596501_4e28a3a814_z.jpg

6379597337_bd5457a6f8_z.jpg

6379598221_f9ccb212d8_z.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

Thats pretty cool, testing out a new ball is always fun.

That's very cool chewie! Let us know how it goes and what you think of the new ball!

That is pretty cool! Congrats!

Wow that's really cool!

What a cool opportunity. Enjoy it!

Very cool opportunity!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Cingrats, and good luck with it chewie!

I've got to test the new Prov1x before it came out but never quite like that. They just sent me a sleeve, asked me to do a writeup like what they'll interview you with, and that was that. I was just happy I didn't lose any of the test balls lol

Sounds like its going to be exciting!!! Congrats.

Awesomeness!

That's sweet! Let us know how it goes!

awesome opportunity, congrats!

That is awesome. Keep us updated on how it goes and how the mystery ball works for you.

thats gonna be fun! Congrats

Chewie -- Sounds like won yourself a great day of golf to go along with some awesome mystery balls to test! Have fun with it and ask them if they need another tester from Georgia :D?

WAY WAY KEWL !!!! Hope you have a STELLAR round that day !!!

Sounds like a cool experience, have fun with it and let us know how the ball is!!!

Sounds like a cool experience, have fun with it and let us know how the ball is!!!

Totally! Let us know how the event goes!

Really Cool! Congrats man.

Congrats Chewie, I was invited to the Bridgestone testing facility twice back in 2009, it is a great experience to get to provide feedback to an OEM on a prototype. Keep us updated.

Congrats lad, sounds like an awesome opportunity hope you have fun.

Back