Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

They seem easyenough to adjust, It would be great for you both to give youre full attention to the clubs you have and then trade. You guys would both be able to share the benfits or each and the dislikes. It would also give the members a gage of what they may or may not like. I'm sure some of the members can relate to each of your games..just a thought

They seem easyenough to adjust, It would be great for you both to give youre full attention to the clubs you have and then send them to Hawk. You guys would both be able to read his likes and dislikes. It would also give the members a gage of what they may or may not like. I'm sure some of the members fully support this genius idea..just a thought

My thoughts exactly.

I just want to see what everyone will be looking for in their bag setup from Bridgestone. I mean, if asked, what are you looking to see out the equipment they have to offer? Seriously think about it, is it length, forgiveness, ball flight, GI, GE...these are the kinds of questions we will all have to ask ourselves in the coming months. Looks are great, and Bridgestone has some of the sexiest irons out today. So take looks out explore your game and the answer should come to you.

If I am selected for the Morgan Cup and I need to select some equipment, I am going to be looking for something that will give me a mid-high ball flight with a little bit of forgiveness. I really like Bridgestone's forged cavity-back irons, they look sexy and from what I have read about them they seem to perform the way I like my irons. While I do currently play with muscleback irons, I have not found any other muscleback irons out there that perform nearly as well as my TP MBs, so I would probably not go for Bridgestone's blades.

I just want to see what everyone will be looking for in their bag setup from Bridgestone. I mean, if asked, what are you looking to see out the equipment they have to offer? Seriously think about it, is it length, forgiveness, ball flight, GI, GE...these are the kinds of questions we will all have to ask ourselves in the coming months. Looks are great, and Bridgestone has some of the sexiest irons out today. So take looks out explore your game and the answer should come to you.

Out of irons, I'll be looking for a ball flight that I like and as much straightness as I can get. I think the added forgiveness of the Dual Pockets appeals to me as well. I'm not overly concerned with distance as long as I can hit the longer irons well.

Out of the woods and hybrids I want straight and easy to get up in the air.

From the driver, I want something than launches high and drops my spin around 1,000 rpm. Haha. That's a big task.

Wedges, I want a nice leading edge and some versatility.

I've been looking at their current line and it's really evolved over the last year to something very versatile and for more players out there.

I'm kind of easy to please and if Bridgestone put a product in my hand and said, we want you to you play this, I would make it work.

Irons: I'm looking for a little forgiveness and a topline that's not too large.

Driver: The face is deeper on the J40, I'm already a huge fan.

Wedges: I'm hearing good things about the wedges and I really liked some of the other Bridgestone wedges I hit.

Fairway and Hybrids: Mainly ball flight with these, just get it in the air.

Really like the direction Bridgestone is headed with their product line and I think it's only going to grow and get better.

J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons for me without a doubt. I haven't even tried the Cavity Back irons yet but just based on what I've seen already from testing the Dual Pockets....perfection! And of course J40 wedges, I used to think I had to have the black oxide finish but the chrome set that I have in my bag for testing now are great and they look so good next to the Dual Pocket irons.

I'd probably lean toward the J40 445 driver but I haven't hit either of those yet so I'll be comparing them a ton at THP Demo Day in May. The entire J40 line really does it for me, looks, performance (of what I've hit so far) and technology...they seem to have it all.

Will they be able to switch after each is done with their perspective sets. I think it woold be intersting to hear what each has to say about the comparisons. Hearing their views on their perspective clubs will be highly anticipated as you said Hawk.

I would love to see this! A direct comparison by the two of you would be fantastic! Bridgestone just has such a solid looking lineup!

So, reading the J40 driver review today has me pondering this line once again. I can't wait to hear more on the fairways and hybrids too.

From what I could tell at this point it would be J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons with the J40 driver. I think the irons would be awesome from the review Jake has been bringing.

Will they add you guys to the website as "staffers" for a short period of time? It would be awesome to see your face next to Couples, Kuchar, etc

I saw that a few weeks ago as well. Was interesting to see them specify the J40 line. Obviously no doubt about what their staffers will be playing! (was not sure if something else new could possibly be in the works but seeing the J40 line is just being released it makes logical sense).

Tappin' from my iPad!

That is awesome! Bridgestone looks to be really excited to be a part of MC 2.0!

VERY NICE!

I saw that a few weeks ago as well. Was interesting to see them specify the J40 line. Obviously no doubt about what their staffers will be playing! (was not sure if something else new could possibly be in the works but seeing the J40 line is just being released it makes logical sense).

Tappin' from my iPad!

Noticed the same thing. Those who will be selected to use Bridgestone's equipment will already know what they'll be using. If you get selected for MC 2.0 it might not hurt to demo a Bridgestone driver or iron set so you have an idea of how the equipment feels a little earlier than you normally would.

That is very cool! It would be awesome to be a part of this and get selected to Bridgestone, since they are less than an hour from me.

I would love to be sponsored by Bridgestone! The Tour High Crown visor would be my choice of headgear. That thing rocks!

That is awesome. As excited as I am to be a part of this, the companies enthusiasm makes me even more excited.

Back